Wiki Posts
Search

Netspend

Search this Thread

Old May 14, 2013, 11:04 pm
Original Poster

Netspend

I just saw below notice in my NetSpend account:

IMPORTANT: Effective May 21, 2013, and until further notice,for security reasons your Card Account may not be used to obtain cash (1) at any ATM, or (2) by making an Over the Counter Cash Withdrawal at any financial institution (also referred to as an "OTC withdrawal") located in any of the following nations: Jamaica, Vietnam, and the Dominican Republic.

Is this something posted to all accounts?
(I have never used the card at an ATM or for cash advance, nor have I ever been to Jamaica, Vietnam, or the Dominican Republic!)

And what kind of security reason permits a financial institution to restrict people's access to their own money at an ATM?!
Old May 15, 2013, 4:31 am
xp0

Do you live in either Jamaica, Vietnam, or the Dominican Republic ?
Old May 15, 2013, 8:50 am

I live in Missouri. never an issue with my card.. same message.

."IMPORTANT: Effective May 21, 2013, and until further notice,for security reasons your Card Account may not be used to obtain cash (1) at any ATM, or (2) by making an Over the Counter Cash Withdrawal at any financial institution (also referred to as an "OTC withdrawal") located in any of the following nations: Jamaica, Vietnam, and the Dominican Republic."

Ill be cancelling.
Old May 15, 2013, 9:30 am

Programs: AA Plat
Originally Posted by mizzou1
I just saw below notice in my NetSpend account:

IMPORTANT: Effective May 21, 2013, and until further notice,for security reasons your Card Account may not be used to obtain cash (1) at any ATM, or (2) by making an Over the Counter Cash Withdrawal at any financial institution (also referred to as an "OTC withdrawal") located in any of the following nations: Jamaica, Vietnam, and the Dominican Republic.

Is this something posted to all accounts?
(I have never used the card at an ATM or for cash advance, nor have I ever been to Jamaica, Vietnam, or the Dominican Republic!)

And what kind of security reason permits a financial institution to restrict people's access to their own money at an ATM?!
It sounds like the restriction for ATM or cash advances only applies to use in Jamaica, Vietnam, and the Dominican Republic. If you don't visit any of those countries, then you won't be affected.
Old May 16, 2013, 12:06 am
Original Poster

So is there anyone not seeing this message in her/his account?
Old Jul 26, 2013, 1:30 pm

Netspend limited my account

I've got an error when trying to login to my Netspend account today.
When I called them they told me I put too many reloads on my account and they can allow me to load only $3500 per month. Anybody has similar experience?
Do you know if it is possible to open the second Netspend card?
Old Jul 26, 2013, 1:40 pm

Programs: Marriot Rewards, Southwest Rapid rewards, Emerald Club, Avis Preferred
Originally Posted by groundhog
I've got an error when trying to login to my Netspend account today.
When I called them they told me I put too many reloads on my account and they can allow me to load only $3500 per month. Anybody has similar experience?
Do you know if it is possible to open the second Netspend card?
I wish Gobank behaved like that. I would like to have a limit instead of being shut down. I'd be happy if I were you.
Old Jul 26, 2013, 1:41 pm

Programs: Marriot Rewards, Southwest Rapid rewards, Emerald Club, Avis Preferred
Btw, how are you loading that card?
Old Jul 26, 2013, 2:23 pm

Originally Posted by TheDapperDon
I wish Gobank behaved like that. I would like to have a limit instead of being shut down. I'd be happy if I were you.
I use GoBank too. What was your loading pattern before they shut you down?
Old Jul 26, 2013, 2:26 pm

Originally Posted by TheDapperDon
Btw, how are you loading that card?
I was loading 2 beans every day for about 4 months, occasionally 3-4 beans per day. I was on vacation for 3 weeks, then I started again and was suspended. I also used Reloadit few days ago in addition to VR and got an error message when trying to load 2 Reloadit cards on the same day. I don't know if this is related.
So anybody tried to open the second Netspend card?
Old Jul 26, 2013, 2:55 pm

I loaded one Reloadit to my Netspend card today. Sine then I have not been able to load any more Reloadits. I called Reloadit and they said that netspend is rejecting the load. I called Netspend and they are saying the card is in good standing and I should contact Reloadit.

Anyone else with similar issues?
Old Jul 26, 2013, 3:27 pm

Originally Posted by cyclotron
I loaded one Reloadit to my Netspend card today. Sine then I have not been able to load any more Reloadits. I called Reloadit and they said that netspend is rejecting the load. I called Netspend and they are saying the card is in good standing and I should contact Reloadit.

Anyone else with similar issues?
Yes, I had exactly the same experience with Reloadit. I waited one day and then I was able to load another Reloadit card. But 2 days later I got the problem described in this topic.
Old Jul 26, 2013, 3:52 pm

I just visited one NumericallyNumbered gas station where I purchased a couple of beans recently and the manager told me that he received a call yesterday and somebody was asking about my purchases of VRs. They asked him if he knows what I am using them for and they said I purchased a lot of them recently. I was a little shocked, but he was Ok to sell me more VRs.
Any idea what that could be? He told me the call was from the company that sells "this stuff". But it's really weird for InComm to ask such questions since they have all the information. Could it be a call from Netspend? But how do they know where I purchased VRs?
Old Jul 26, 2013, 7:30 pm

Programs: Bunch of mid-tiers
Groundhog,

The calling around is strange. Please report back if you find anything.
Old Jul 26, 2013, 11:01 pm

Originally Posted by groundhog
I just visited one NumericallyNumbered gas station where I purchased a couple of beans recently and the manager told me that he received a call yesterday and somebody was asking about my purchases of VRs. They asked him if he knows what I am using them for and they said I purchased a lot of them recently. I was a little shocked, but he was Ok to sell me more VRs.
Any idea what that could be? He told me the call was from the company that sells "this stuff". But it's really weird for InComm to ask such questions since they have all the information. Could it be a call from Netspend? But how do they know where I purchased VRs?
There have been reports of this happening, see http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manuf...se-incomm.html

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.