Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Netspend

Search this Thread

Old Jan 29, 2014, 9:59 am

Originally Posted by adminds
Just called CSR, and was told that my account had been closed and I would get a check. This game is over for me. Good luck to you guys.

PS: I used it to load VRs and pay my CC (ACH Pull).
All your account activities consisted of VRs and ACH bill pay? Were there any purchase transactions in between?
Old Jan 29, 2014, 11:59 am

Programs: AA EXP, SPG Lifetime Platinum, MR Platinum, Hilton Diamond
I load with VR's ($2k month) and only pay Utility bills, car payment, Mortgage and never pay a CC bill. All has been well for around 6 months.
Old Jan 29, 2014, 1:50 pm

Recent posts haven't answered me and adminds Amex question, but it looks like there's more confirmation of 3500 load limit per calendar month.

Dunno why folks are exceeding that, but thanks, cuz it helps the rest of us nail down the limit.
Old Jan 29, 2014, 3:22 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by zceuxbhjutf
Recent posts haven't answered me and adminds Amex question, but it looks like there's more confirmation of 3500 load limit per calendar month.

Dunno why folks are exceeding that, but thanks, cuz it helps the rest of us nail down the limit.
I loaded $3k my 1st month and unloaded and loaded $3k my 2nd month and was shut down, they still are holding my $$$. Seems my acct was frozen from unloading right after I unloaded my 1st months load, they just didnt prevent me from reloading only unloading and stopped my loading when I hit the $3k mark my 2nd month

NS is a very nasty company since few folks are keeping it active lately (forget what people were doing in '13) IMO its best to stay as far away from them and their other companys as possible
Old Jan 29, 2014, 4:12 pm

If we're trying to find the limit, posts with precision are helpful and others are a waste of time. Did you load $4k in December, like two of your posts say? Or shall we go with $3k?
Old Jan 29, 2014, 6:30 pm

Coming to the end of my first month with these guys. Did 1.5k on one card; 2k on a spousal card. Load via VR and pull to CC billpay within a few days. Planning to run with similar numbers in Feb. Can someone point me to where learned that it is 3.5k per calendar month (as opposed to rolling ~30 days)?
Old Jan 29, 2014, 7:06 pm

Somebody was precise with their experience...
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/21890190-post35.html
...and generous to share it. It is quite possible that it's a moving target.

P.S. Is there an advantage to a spousal card LOL???
Old Jan 29, 2014, 7:08 pm

From the horse's mouth!

I emailed Netspend for specifics on load limits and after THREE attempts of getting varying responses from three different CSRs here are the specifics:

• Maximum load or deposit up to $15, 000 in a 24 hour period,
• Maximum of $7,500 In Store per 24-hour load amount,
• Maximum of $15,000 In Store per 30-day load amount.
• Maximum of $3,500 reload pack per 7- day load amount
• Maximum of $5,000 reload pack per 30- day load amount.
The maximum balance allowed is $15,000.00 per government ID [SSN].
If a deposit exceeds the balance limit, our system may automatically reject the deposit. Please note that our reload centers may have internal policies that have lower load limits. In this case, you may go to a different reload partner and load more funds to your card, as long as you do not exceed NetSpend's maximum load limit.

IN contrast here are MoneyPak limits per prepaid product:

$1,500 per day, $3,500 per week or $5,000 per month

In each of the three emails.. the response always start with,

"I have further reviewed your account and our record shows that your account supports the following limits:"

I wonder if this means that each Netspend account has different limits?

Last edited by Fico2Go; Jan 29, 2014 at 7:13 pm Reason: adding content
Old Jan 29, 2014, 7:37 pm

Right, but given the shutdown reports (or the next reload failed) that coincided with exceeding 3500...

AND THE LACK of "they didn't shut me down when I recently exceeded 3500" reports...

Then who would recommend exceeding 3500???
Old Jan 29, 2014, 7:51 pm

Yes, all were VR loads and ACH payments

Originally Posted by Fico2Go
All your account activities consisted of VRs and ACH bill pay? Were there any purchase transactions in between?
Old Jan 29, 2014, 7:54 pm

In a previous post, one reported the limit is 3500 per 7 days, and 5000 per 30 days. I thought it would be find to load 4500 in 30 days, and I never got a warning.

Originally Posted by zceuxbhjutf

Old Jan 29, 2014, 7:57 pm

Did you request a check for your remaining balance in your account? How long since then?

They told me my check would arrive in 20 business days, but I am afraid there will be a fight...

Originally Posted by craz
I loaded $3k my 1st month and unloaded and loaded $3k my 2nd month and was shut down, they still are holding my $$$. Seems my acct was frozen from unloading right after I unloaded my 1st months load, they just didnt prevent me from reloading only unloading and stopped my loading when I hit the $3k mark my 2nd month

NS is a very nasty company since few folks are keeping it active lately (forget what people were doing in '13) IMO its best to stay as far away from them and their other companys as possible
Old Jan 29, 2014, 8:34 pm

Originally Posted by adminds
In a previous post, one reported the limit is 3500 per 7 days, and 5000 per 30 days. I thought it would be find to load 4500 in 30 days, and I never got a warning.
I think loading 4500 in 30 days wasn't what got the account closed, it was the 3500 in 7 days part that perhaps created some obfuscations.

Seems you could even load up to $3500 per day as long as it's not more than that in a 7 day period.
Old Jan 30, 2014, 8:29 am

I loaded just 3500 in 7 days, so basically I did not exceed this limit. Anyway, NetSpend is just a crappy company.

My PayPal debit card was also closed, and I believe it is caused by my NS shutdown. But no big deal for me: I was about to close the PayPal card since I never used it to load and upload VRs.

Originally Posted by Fico2Go
I think loading 4500 in 30 days wasn't what got the account closed, it was the 3500 in 7 days part that perhaps created some obfuscations.

Seems you could even load up to $3500 per day as long as it's not more than that in a 7 day period.

Last edited by adminds; Jan 30, 2014 at 9:34 am
Old Jan 30, 2014, 8:38 am

Programs: HH Gold (again), US/UA/DL non-elite, ZE Presidents Circle, WN reluctant no fee convert.
Please forgive the break in the chain here.

Yesterday a very nice CS person steered me toward a grocer chain Netspend card. Upon reading the info booklet, I don't see any attractive reload options other than cash and DD, definitely no VR emblems shown.

What Netspend debit card include VR reloads? I get it if there are too many to list so just a few names in reply could be helpful. TIA!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.