Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Netspend

Search this Thread

Old Feb 15, 2014, 9:49 am

Interesting experience today:
I have two netspend cards that had been going strong for quite sometime. They both had zero balance but I tried to login today and got the dreaded screen 'there is a problem with your account...'

I called in and the representative said that the pattern of spending is consistent with that of 'abuse of credit card rewards system.' They unblocked both my accounts and said if the pattern continues then they will be closed.

Anyone else had this experience? My understanding was that they typically do not unblock accounts and also do not explicitly talk about 'abuse of credit card rewards'
Old Feb 15, 2014, 10:47 am

Thanks for posting, but you're kinda leaving us hanging. When the rep said "if the pattern continues then they will be closed", the rep knows the pattern, and you know the pattern.

Could you tell us a little about the pattern? For example, I make one normal purchase a month at the drive-thru or hardware store or something, and set a monthly limit on load/unload. Thanks!
Old Feb 15, 2014, 10:52 am

I am only able to load $500 a week on my netspend card. Anything more is blocked stating I have met the limit. Anyone else with the same experience? I have two cards, both capped at $500 a week.

Thanks
Old Feb 15, 2014, 11:33 am

Could it be then, that a second card is counter-productive? For example, my theory is that with one card the monthly limit is somewhere between 3500 and 4000 -- about 1000 a week.
Old Feb 15, 2014, 2:12 pm

Originally Posted by zceuxbhjutf
Could it be then, that a second card is counter-productive? For example, my theory is that with one card the monthly limit is somewhere between 3500 and 4000 -- about 1000 a week.
I've loaded 1.5k in a day with no AA.
Old Feb 15, 2014, 2:17 pm

My pattern has been to load with Reloadit or VRs and use ACH to pay off the credit cards. I never swipe the card anywhere or use ATMs or MOs.
This was working well for > 1 yr.
Old Feb 15, 2014, 2:59 pm

Originally Posted by cyclotron
My pattern has been to load with Reloadit or VRs and use ACH to pay off the credit cards. I never swipe the card anywhere or use ATMs or MOs.
This was working well for > 1 yr.
How much do you load in a day and per month if you don't mind me asking?
Old Feb 15, 2014, 3:00 pm

Originally Posted by cyclotron
Interesting experience today:
I have two netspend cards that had been going strong for quite sometime. They both had zero balance but I tried to login today and got the dreaded screen 'there is a problem with your account...'

I called in and the representative said that the pattern of spending is consistent with that of 'abuse of credit card rewards system.' They unblocked both my accounts and said if the pattern continues then they will be closed.

Anyone else had this experience? My understanding was that they typically do not unblock accounts and also do not explicitly talk about 'abuse of credit card rewards'
Yes. I was loading up to 7k/mo and using the ACH feature to pay bills in the summer. Then I got a warning from them for all three of my NS accounts (different family members). Resumed loading 2.5k-3k/mo and shut down four months later.
Old Feb 15, 2014, 3:51 pm

I was doing 3-5K month. Typically load 1K at a time (sometimes 1.5K), unload and then load again as I never wanted to risk more than 1.5K at any time.
Old Feb 15, 2014, 4:36 pm

I was shut down too--thought that Premier would cover me loading the full 5K.

But I do know someone who talked his way back into his account after loading 5K in a month, which is ridiculous and amazing at the same time. I'll see if he can share his story.
Old Feb 22, 2014, 4:21 pm

I tried to pay my Citi CC bill. I properly entered my routing number and account number (as shown to me on the Netspend website) into Citi's billpay profile. Two days later I got a message from Citi that the payment was declined due to an inaccurate account number or routing number.

Anyone else have this issue? Any suggested solutions?
Old Feb 22, 2014, 5:07 pm

Read previous posts. Don't ACH pay Citi CC!

Originally Posted by js80
I tried to pay my Citi CC bill. I properly entered my routing number and account number (as shown to me on the Netspend website) into Citi's billpay profile. Two days later I got a message from Citi that the payment was declined due to an inaccurate account number or routing number.

Old Feb 22, 2014, 7:24 pm

Originally Posted by js80

I did the same thing two weeks ago but it worked for me.

EDIT: I actually paid Chase not CITI, my mistake

Last edited by ibleed0range; Feb 23, 2014 at 4:44 pm
Old Feb 22, 2014, 9:21 pm

still going strong here with one account. got a "you need to change your password" thinking something happened but money was fine. this was at the netspend account.
strange.
Old Feb 23, 2014, 2:09 pm

Originally Posted by adminds
Read previous posts. Don't ACH pay Citi CC!
I read previous posts re. trouble ACH'ing with Amex. Didn't see anything about Citi.

So is there any way to pay a Citi bill?

Is there a definitive list of which CC bills can be paid with NS?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.