Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Netspend

Search this Thread

Old Apr 9, 2014, 11:07 am

Originally Posted by ericdabbs
anyone use Netspend to dump leftover Reloadits?
Yea but only 1-2 per month as a backup
Old Apr 9, 2014, 5:34 pm
Suspended

I loaded and unloaded 3K the last week of March. Is it safe to load more beans into this card?
Old Apr 9, 2014, 8:34 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum, Bonvoy Titanium Elite, Hertz President's Circle
Netspend Shut Down

Originally Posted by ChessMaster1
I loaded and unloaded 3K the last week of March. Is it safe to load more beans into this card?
Mine was shut down last week after only 1 month and around 7K in VR loads.
Old Apr 9, 2014, 9:17 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by zornoff
Thanks for the reply zornoff...so you are saying I can still load at least 3K more? and did you get any stuck in the card?
Old Apr 9, 2014, 9:20 pm

Originally Posted by zornoff
wow, dude, go big or go home. I loaded 5K and got shut down in Dec.

chessmaster, i wouldn't load any more for a month if you want to make this a long-term project. if you're just looking for a dump, then, sure, go nuts. but NS doesn't mess around.
Old Apr 9, 2014, 9:54 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by AveApostle
wow, dude, go big or go home. I loaded 5K and got shut down in Dec.

chessmaster, i wouldn't load any more for a month if you want to make this a long-term project. if you're just looking for a dump, then, sure, go nuts. but NS doesn't mess around.
Thanks for the response AveApostle. I stocked up on some beans and I am looking for a safe way to unload. I do not want any money stuck in NS though. I have already maxed out all other avenues (BB,MVD,JHP, and Emerald) and I did not realize I would be uncomfortable to have a stock of beans. I do not want to use Amex prepaid because it is expensive to unload.
Old Apr 10, 2014, 1:40 pm

Originally Posted by ChessMaster1
Thanks for the reply zornoff...so you are saying I can still load at least 3K more? and did you get any stuck in the card?
I'm not saying that at all as YMMV. Nothing was left on the card; I used the account and routing number supplied by them and paid my AMEX bill as soon as I got a chance. I may have been out .50 but I can live with that.
Old Apr 10, 2014, 1:44 pm

[QUOTE=AveApostle;22680187]wow, dude, go big or go home. I loaded 5K and got shut down in Dec.

I wouldn't consider that big at all compared to some accounts I've read here. I thought I was doing good splitting the MS between so many cards but I guess I wasn't good enough to slip by. Plus I think they share data since they all use the same bill pay service.
Old Aug 3, 2014, 1:08 pm

Finally, it's my turn. My account was closed last Wednesday (7/30).

When I called in and got this news, I didn't feel surprised because that's their way to deal with MSer. However, they told me to wait 20 business days to allow them to send check back. And the worse thing is, I still have one reload pack ($500) that is not used yet. They told me it will take another 10 business days for them to give me a reply after I send the pictures of both card and receipt.

That means they can hold my money for a long time, maybe around a month, I guess ? Does anyone know how to get back the money faster ? I believe lots of people here have dealt with Netspend before to get back their leftover. Please give me some advice. I have over 6k including the unused reload pack locked with Netspend.
Old Aug 3, 2014, 2:30 pm

Programs: AA, SPG, MR, UR, Cash Back!
I too have a small denomination of money in a Netspend reload pack. I sent in pictures and I'm waiting to hear back on a refund. I don't want to deal with Netspend at all.
Old Aug 4, 2014, 1:19 pm

Originally Posted by newdoct
Sorry to hear that...what kind of behavior were you doing that got you shut down?
Old Aug 4, 2014, 3:18 pm

Originally Posted by newdoct

When I called in and got this news, I didn't feel surprised because that's their way to deal with MSer. However, they told me to wait 20 business days to allow them to send check back. And the worse thing is, I still have one reload pack ($500) that is not used yet. They told me it will take another 10 business days for them to give me a reply after I send the pictures of both card and receipt.

That means they can hold my money for a long time, maybe around a month, I guess ? Does anyone know how to get back the money faster ? I believe lots of people here have dealt with Netspend before to get back their leftover. Please give me some advice. I have over 6k including the unused reload pack locked with Netspend.
My advice is you live you learn. Why would you leave 6K in there at a time? Isn't the limit like 5K a month and 1K per day? You can just ACH pull the money out to a credit card .
Old Aug 4, 2014, 7:18 pm

Originally Posted by AveApostle
Sorry to hear that...what kind of behavior were you doing that got you shut down?
Not quite sure. I guess because last month what I have load is to the monthly limit, while the consumption is either transferring to another bank account or ACH pulling by credit card payment.

Here's my overall account history, just as another data point which might be helpful for other people dealing with Netspend:

Account opened in March, 2014, initial bank deposit $50, then funds were loaded with either VR (most of the time), Reloadit, Reload Pack (last month only).

Timeline Amount Load
March 2500
April 3495
May 2480
June 2095
July 4990

And initially I transfer out the money to bank account less than one week after the load. Started in May, I started to transfer to Netspend Savings account since it offers 5% APR Interest, and then maintained about 5K at the netspend savings.

My account was closed probably due to that I hit it too hard last month (July), which brings close to monthly limit (5k) and may trigger the alert in their system.
Old Aug 4, 2014, 7:24 pm

Originally Posted by ibleed0range
My advice is you live you learn. Why would you leave 6K in there at a time? Isn't the limit like 5K a month and 1K per day? You can just ACH pull the money out to a credit card .
I agree, that's the truth for Msing. Lean through what you did.

I am not sure if I can still ACH pull the money after they told me my account was closed. Because if failed, I might get some penalty from the other side, either bank or credit card company. Will not risk on this, may just wait for a period.

I think I was attracted by their 5% APR on Netspend savings, and that's why I kept 5K on their savings account. Hope to get back my money soon.

I have shared my Netspend history, hope it would be helpful for those whose accounts are still alive.
Old Aug 4, 2014, 9:52 pm

Thank you for sharing--that's very helpful, although I'm sorry it happened.

Do let us know when you get your money back. When I was shut down it was only a couple weeks before the check came.

Since then I came back with a new account (in DW's name) and have limited myself to 2.5K/mo...shofar, so good.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.