Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 9, 2016, 9:07 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: ChrisFlyer66
There is a new thread on this topic for 2017. It is here.

As always, YMMV from store to store and cashier to cashier.

Any product affiliated with InComm or ITC Financial Services(like Vanilla VISA, Vanilla MC, and OneVanilla VISA) will not work for swiped-PIN transactions exceeding $49.99.

NO variety or design of VISA or MC Gebit's auto-drain at Walmart.

You cannot successfully swipe more than 4 cards in a single transaction.

Before you swipe, the cashier needs to know how much you want removed from each and every Gebit because they need to type in that amount. Of course, the Gebit must have a current balance of that amount or more otherwise you will get Error 51.

Very few Kate's can sell money orders anymore.

Debit codes PDF
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/attac...0&d=1461170080
Print Wikipost

Buying Money Orders at Walmart(2013-2016)

Search this Thread

Old Nov 4, 2016, 3:48 pm

that is easy call 1-800-542-3590 to verify your money order.
Old Nov 8, 2016, 11:31 am

I went to purchase a MO at my usual WM with SMGC. I got the "Debit not available code = 51" twice. The SMGC's have always worked here. So I gave up and went to load on my BB and after the first swipe, I got an error message, the BB load did work after the second swipe. Same thing happened with the second SMGC I loaded on my BB. I've loaded my BB at this WM before and never received this error message.

Last edited by rtraveler; Nov 8, 2016 at 1:40 pm
Old Nov 8, 2016, 6:34 pm

Originally Posted by rtraveler
I went to purchase a MO at my usual WM with SMGC. I got the "Debit not available code = 51" twice. The SMGC's have always worked here. So I gave up and went to load on my BB and after the first swipe, I got an error message, the BB load did work after the second swipe. Same thing happened with the second SMGC I loaded on my BB. I've loaded my BB at this WM before and never received this error message.
Can you say where you are located? Which state?
Old Nov 8, 2016, 7:19 pm

cashier error
Old Nov 9, 2016, 4:43 am

Originally Posted by Alcibiades
cashier error
I don't think it was cashier error because I went to the customer service for the MO and then I went to a cashier for the BB load. So I used two different people and the BB load worked but I had to slide the card twice due to the error message each time.
Old Nov 9, 2016, 9:52 am

Programs: 25 million points to burn!
Yeah, happened to me yesterday at my usual NWM. This is truly concerning. I know how to cash out MCGC. Been doing MOs, well, feels like forever now! But yesterday for the first time ever, no dice. They woudn't go through. Error code. It simply wouldn't let me drain them, even when I pushed the cancel button. Nada. Looks like the party's over for MCGC at NWM...

And no, I can't share my state with you publicly. If you PM me, I will.
Old Nov 9, 2016, 2:56 pm

Originally Posted by Preacher7
They woudn't go through. Error code.
What numerical Error Code ?
Old Nov 9, 2016, 2:59 pm

So I used two different people and the BB load worked but I had to slide the card twice due to the error message each time.
So when loading BB you also got "Debit not available code = 51" ? Or something else ?
Old Nov 9, 2016, 7:10 pm

Had ordered 2 simon mall visa gift cards $500 each online. Went to 2 NJ Walmarts, no dice. DEBIT NOT AVAILABLE APPR. CODE = 51.

Anyone has NJ Walmarts that still work?

***The wife did notice that these online visa SMGC were different from the visa SMGC purchased in-person. Not sure if this difference had anything to do with it, because we have in the past been able to liquidate the in-person purchased SMGCs with WM MOs.

Last edited by ahchiu; Nov 9, 2016 at 10:22 pm Reason: more info
Old Nov 10, 2016, 9:32 am

cashier typing error
Old Nov 10, 2016, 10:07 am

Originally Posted by Alcibiades
So when loading BB you also got "Debit not available code = 51" ? Or something else ?
No, I only knew it was code 51 because it automatically prints it out and the customer service lady gave it to me. For BB load, it was some generic error message on the POS machine where you swipe the card. But it worked the second time I swiped. This happened with both cards I loaded. I have successfully loaded BB's without any error messages/problems before.
Old Nov 10, 2016, 11:19 am

No, I only knew it was code 51 because it automatically prints it out and the customer service lady gave it to me. For BB load, it was some generic error message on the POS machine where you swipe the card. But it worked the second time I swiped. This happened with both cards I loaded. I have successfully loaded BB's without any error messages/problems before.
On the new terminals, I will sometimes get an error if I swipe too fast, too slow or too soon. It goes through fine on the second swipe.
Old Nov 11, 2016, 10:14 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat, United Silver, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by knopfler
On the new terminals, I will sometimes get an error if I swipe too fast, too slow or too soon. It goes through fine on the second swipe.
And, if all else fails, I try swiping from bottom to top. On rare occasion that has saved the day.
Old Nov 12, 2016, 7:19 pm

Do you guys actually load BB at the register?

I have only done the BB loads at the ATM machines, and when that stopped, we bought MOs at the Moneycenter.

Now that the MOs are difficult to get at the Moneycenter, I'm thinking of other routes?

Another option is the PO, but is that less safe?

Originally Posted by GetawaysRus
And, if all else fails, I try swiping from bottom to top. On rare occasion that has saved the day.
Old Nov 12, 2016, 8:23 pm

Originally Posted by ahchiu
Do you guys actually load BB at the register?

I have only done the BB loads at the ATM machines, and when that stopped, we bought MOs at the Moneycenter.

Now that the MOs are difficult to get at the Moneycenter, I'm thinking of other routes?

Another option is the PO, but is that less safe?
My bluebird is long gone and I prefer not to deal with the PO. I use trial an error to figure out which WM's are friendly and which are not. At some that are usually friendly, there may be a CS rep that is not friendly so I learn who they are and just leave if they are working.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.