Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 9, 2016, 9:07 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: ChrisFlyer66
There is a new thread on this topic for 2017. It is here.

As always, YMMV from store to store and cashier to cashier.

Any product affiliated with InComm or ITC Financial Services(like Vanilla VISA, Vanilla MC, and OneVanilla VISA) will not work for swiped-PIN transactions exceeding $49.99.

NO variety or design of VISA or MC Gebit's auto-drain at Walmart.

You cannot successfully swipe more than 4 cards in a single transaction.

Before you swipe, the cashier needs to know how much you want removed from each and every Gebit because they need to type in that amount. Of course, the Gebit must have a current balance of that amount or more otherwise you will get Error 51.

Very few Kate's can sell money orders anymore.

Debit codes PDF
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/attac...0&d=1461170080
Print Wikipost

Buying Money Orders at Walmart(2013-2016)

Search this Thread

Old Nov 22, 2016, 5:10 am

Programs: Delta Platinum, United Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond
I can confirm also. At my go to Wal-Mart everything still works well. This is in a very low MS area away from the major cities and I personally stay under $2000/trip.
Old Nov 22, 2016, 8:01 am

Tried to buy MO using US Bank GC at a Neighborhood Market, and it did not go thru. The register spit out a 'small slip' which the CSR did not hand over to me, so unsure of what the error was.

Checked the GC - the balance was intact. Anybody else having similar issues?

Going to try at another Walmart in the evening and will update post if it goes thru there.

edited to add: worked flawlessly in another wm this evening

Last edited by huntdealz123; Nov 22, 2016 at 6:00 pm
Old Nov 22, 2016, 8:11 am

Originally Posted by huntdealz123
Tried to buy MO using US Bank GC at a Neighborhood Market, and it did not go thru.
USBank VISA from kroger (20-500) works at my wally, however the MASTERCARD does not.

luckily i went down the road to Meijer and it went right thru with PIN.
they have USBank kiosk inside the store as well, may have something to do with that.
Old Nov 22, 2016, 8:49 am

Originally Posted by flyerduude
USBank VISA from kroger (20-500) works at my wally, however the MASTERCARD does not.

luckily i went down the road to Meijer and it went right thru with PIN.
they have USBank kiosk inside the store as well, may have something to do with that.
looks like we're in the same geographic area with K & M.

MCGC need to be cancelled or change payment type at wally. It will only work if CSR enters amount after you swipe.
Old Nov 23, 2016, 4:38 pm

Denied at go-to WM

Ive been purchasing MOs for years at the KoP Wal-Mart and had been doing Simon GCs as the most primary means. The CSR wouldn't let me go ahead with one-$1K purchase. I asked if the policy changed and she indicated no CC or GCs. I pointed out I use it as debit but no luck.
Old Nov 23, 2016, 4:39 pm

Programs: Total Rewards Diamond, Wyndham Diamond, Marriott Gold, AA Gold
Originally Posted by tnm5041
Ive been purchasing MOs for years at the KoP Wal-Mart and had been doing Simon GCs as the most primary means. The CSR wouldn't let me go ahead with one-$1K purchase. I asked if the policy changed and she indicated no CC or GCs. I pointed out I use it as debit but no luck.
Punch her in the face.........problem solved.
Old Nov 23, 2016, 5:12 pm

Originally Posted by pwd847
Punch her in the face.........problem solved.
^ im a low-volume MS so was just taken back. Will try other area WMs but need to research alternatives as well.
Old Nov 23, 2016, 7:59 pm

Originally Posted by tnm5041
^ im a low-volume MS so was just taken back. Will try other area WMs but need to research alternatives as well.
Often times it's not the store, it's the CSR. Before giving up on that store, I would try it when a CSR you know is friendly is working. There are a couple of CSR's that if I see them working, I don't even bother getting in line.
Old Nov 25, 2016, 8:14 pm

I've had the same experience at a couple of WMs, so now I know which shift to avoid. It's better to not even try another CSRs in the Money Center when the hostile CSR is there, just in case he/she sees you and decides to "train" the friendly CSRs to check the cards...

Originally Posted by knopfler
Often times it's not the store, it's the CSR. Before giving up on that store, I would try it when a CSR you know is friendly is working. There are a couple of CSR's that if I see them working, I don't even bother getting in line.
Old Nov 26, 2016, 12:05 pm

Got an error x2 of debit not available today. Might have been a cashier error. Went over to Publix and it worked fine.
Old Nov 29, 2016, 7:37 am

Programs: AA EXP 1MM, DL PM, Bonvoy Titanium (Plat Life), HH G, Amtrak, B6, MR
Went to my "local" Walmart yesterday for the first time. Was denied by the CS. She asked to see my card, and then informed me that "We don't do that no more. No more gift cards."
Old Nov 29, 2016, 7:53 am

Programs: AA, Hyatt
People

With MC Gebits you CANNOT let the cashier type in the amount before you swipe or it will not go through.

There are SOOOOO many write-ups on this I cannot, for the life of me, understand how people still have this issue.

You have to swipe AND HIT CANCEL before the cashier does anything.
Old Nov 29, 2016, 8:38 am

I got 6 MO for 799.30 this last week. I went to 3 stores and got 2 at a time. The trick when using the $200 VGC is you still have the limit of only swiping 4 cards per transaction, so you cannot combined 2 MO together. You need to buy one MO and then once it is almost finished let the clerk know you want another one to get a separate transaction.

I have been using WM bill pay the last 6 months and it works great for most cc except AMEX. Search in google for "bill pay flyertalk" for more details.

I have also read that some cc let you call into pay with a gebit once per day, but I have not tried that.
Old Dec 2, 2016, 3:46 pm

Originally Posted by sxpsxpsxp
Went to my "local" Walmart yesterday for the first time. Was denied by the CS. She asked to see my card, and then informed me that "We don't do that no more. No more gift cards."
Have you tried another WM? Maybe it was just that CSR. Would you attempt to try it again with a different CSR at your local WM?
Old Dec 2, 2016, 5:42 pm

Programs: Too many to list
Originally Posted by sxpsxpsxp
People who work at walmart are the best. I called cops on one [redacted by mod] because she asked me for my DL and SS number once, and when I came back a week later she had it written on piece of scratch paper and pulled it out of her pocket. I saw that, got my phone and called police to report identity theft. She crapped her pants, co-worker called manager, he apologized and promised to enforce better training. I have never seen that twat working at money center again. Saw her working register and made sure to buy Diet Coke at her checkout.

Last edited by ChrisFlyer66; Dec 2, 2016 at 9:15 pm Reason: masked profanity not allowed

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.