Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 9, 2016, 9:07 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: ChrisFlyer66
There is a new thread on this topic for 2017. It is here.

As always, YMMV from store to store and cashier to cashier.

Any product affiliated with InComm or ITC Financial Services(like Vanilla VISA, Vanilla MC, and OneVanilla VISA) will not work for swiped-PIN transactions exceeding $49.99.

NO variety or design of VISA or MC Gebit's auto-drain at Walmart.

You cannot successfully swipe more than 4 cards in a single transaction.

Before you swipe, the cashier needs to know how much you want removed from each and every Gebit because they need to type in that amount. Of course, the Gebit must have a current balance of that amount or more otherwise you will get Error 51.

Very few Kate's can sell money orders anymore.

Debit codes PDF
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/attac...0&d=1461170080
Print Wikipost

Buying Money Orders at Walmart(2013-2016)

Search this Thread

Old Dec 17, 2016, 10:27 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat, United Silver, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by in4tar
Amex GC? I thought only Visa GC (and - with some manipulation - MC) work in WM for MO...do Amex GCs work as well??
No. Read it again. Preacher7 said "AmEx Offers," not AmEx GCs.
Old Dec 18, 2016, 5:04 am

Programs: Delta Platinum, Bonvoy Titanium Elite, Hertz President's Circle
Cause and effect

Originally Posted by cashcyclone
I found one WM like that but after hitting it hard for few weeks they quickly learn the policy and now it is 1 transaction with 4 swipes and 2 MOs per day or 2..
At least you understand that you are screwing it up for yourself. This is the same as going back to CVS for that extra $1.25 FB when it's much easier to just spend the $25.
Old Dec 18, 2016, 11:37 am

Just tried to use some regular GCM VGCs (Metabank) to buy MO at my regular WM and they were declined - the printed slip says "Debit not available - Appr 56" - anyone know what that's about?
Old Dec 18, 2016, 3:21 pm

56? That's a weird one.
Old Dec 18, 2016, 3:33 pm

Originally Posted by bodiddely
Just tried to use some regular GCM VGCs (Metabank) to buy MO at my regular WM and they were declined - the printed slip says "Debit not available - Appr 56" - anyone know what that's about?
Not to state the obvious, but did you check the balance on the cards?
Old Dec 18, 2016, 4:01 pm

Originally Posted by FrankMS
Not to state the obvious, but did you check the balance on the cards?
Lol - thank you for stating it - there were 3 cards in the order, 1 shows a balance of $500, other two give an error message when checking balance at GCM website (I tried using two and both declined, so I'm assuming I didn't try the "good" one). Called number on back of card and he said they were blocked for attempting to use before activating them. I told him they arrived already activated and had a sticker on them indicating as much. Put me on hold for 10 minutes, came back and said he had to open a ticket for the "second level" team to look into and they will contact me within 1-2 business days.

Very bizarre - I assume if GCM had decided to cancel the order after shipping they would have cancelled all three? I also placed an order on Friday for the discounted Fiveback cards which has moved from Pending to Processed, so I don't think it's GCM playing hard to get...

Will report back. Guess at this point this story belongs in the GCM thread and not the WM MO thread though.
Old Dec 19, 2016, 1:33 pm

Programs: 25 million points to burn!
Guys, sorry for this easy question, but I've been out of the loop using what we used to call "Sunnies", formerly issued by Sunrise bank, now issued by GoDot. They are the $500 variable GCs at WM (non-Vanilla, of course). I've been going Metabank for so long that I need some current advice. Can we still use those Sunnies--now GoDot--to buy MO from WM? Just checking before I started buying them again, thx!
Old Dec 19, 2016, 2:39 pm

Programs: Hilton-Gold
Originally Posted by bodiddely
Lol - thank you for stating it - there were 3 cards in the order, 1 shows a balance of $500, other two give an error message when checking balance at GCM website (I tried using two and both declined, so I'm assuming I didn't try the "good" one). Called number on back of card and he said they were blocked for attempting to use before activating them. I told him they arrived already activated and had a sticker on them indicating as much. Put me on hold for 10 minutes, came back and said he had to open a ticket for the "second level" team to look into and they will contact me within 1-2 business days.

Very bizarre - I assume if GCM had decided to cancel the order after shipping they would have cancelled all three? I also placed an order on Friday for the discounted Fiveback cards which has moved from Pending to Processed, so I don't think it's GCM playing hard to get...

Will report back. Guess at this point this story belongs in the GCM thread and not the WM MO thread though.
I had same exact issue but with 4 cards. Tried using them at 2 Walmarts and cards were declined. I cannot check balance online and now have to wait for second level to complete their research.
Old Dec 19, 2016, 2:47 pm

Originally Posted by concordian
I had same exact issue but with 4 cards. Tried using them at 2 Walmarts and cards were declined. I cannot check balance online and now have to wait for second level to complete their research.
Same issue here as well with 4 cards I think. In my case I noticed that checking their balance did not work, so I've never tried to use them. I was told that it takes 4 business days from mail date for them to activate. These were mailed on the 15th, delivered on 17th, so I'm now just waiting until Wednesday to see if they magically activate. Definitely never had to wait before though so my suspicion is nothing will happen and I'll be back on the phone.

And of course I just signed up for 13k in min spends that was already stretching my comfort zone to complete in time...
Old Dec 21, 2016, 4:58 am

Programs: AS 100k, BA GGL, UA 1k, DL DM, AC SE, B6 Mosaic4, Hyatt/Hilton/Wyndham/IHG Diamond, Marriot Ti
Same issue today. They were mailed on the 16th and 17th and received 19th and 20th respectively. They failed at WM and when I go to check the balance online I get this error: "We are unable to process your request at this time. If you continue to receive this error, please contact Cardholder services by calling the number on the back of your card."
Old Dec 21, 2016, 9:25 am

Anyone else with the un-activated GCM cards have any progress? I "opened a ticket" for the 2nd level team over the weekend, they said I would be contacted in 1-2 business days. Nada so far, still can't check balance. Prior to opening this ticket I opened one for some Fivebacks that didn't get the promotional loads - received a call yesterday morning that they had all been loaded. Should have asked her about this issue as well.

P.S. Now that it's clear this is a GCM problem and not a WM problem and that multiple people are having the issue - do Mods want to move my initial post and related replies to the GCM thread for the benefit of others who may go looking there if experiencing similar issues?

Last edited by bodiddely; Dec 21, 2016 at 9:40 am
Old Dec 21, 2016, 3:58 pm

Update: Having waited more than 2 business days, I decided to call back the number I received from Blackhawk's "level 2" team informing me my Fivebacks had manually been credited the promotional load. It must have been the employee's direct line because the same person answered and remembered me. In any event, I gave her my case number for the unactivated VGCs and it didn't sound like anyone had worked on it. She promised to look into it and call me back shortly. Received a call from her 5 minutes later asking for the GCM order number as her system wasn't showing these VGCs were purchased via GCM. Provided that - 40 minutes later she calls me up, says she found the record and activated them for me. Already drained at WM. She couldn't really explain why they had been shipped unactivated.
Old Dec 21, 2016, 8:35 pm

Programs: AS 100k, BA GGL, UA 1k, DL DM, AC SE, B6 Mosaic4, Hyatt/Hilton/Wyndham/IHG Diamond, Marriot Ti
Update: Just for DPs, my cards were regular VGCs. I received 2 orders of FBs the day before, but no issue. The order I received Friday as well as order received this past Monday both had the issue. I'm surprised I had two separate orders with the exact issue, charged to different cards but ordered from the same account and to the same address.

I called today and was asked for the CARD IDs from the back, the agent put me on hold, and said she now activated them. Previously I was unable to look at the cards balance online at giftcardmall.com/mygift as it just gave the error I mentioned. It now shows the $500 balance on all 6 cards from both orders. I have not tested it but looks like it should work. I'll update tomorrow if I'm unable to drain at my local grocery.
Old Dec 23, 2016, 5:34 am

Programs: HH D i a m o n d !!!
Where does the word "gebit" come from? Gift card & debit?
Old Dec 23, 2016, 5:39 am

Nevermind

Last edited by Chelski; Dec 23, 2016 at 6:02 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.