Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 9, 2016, 9:07 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: ChrisFlyer66
There is a new thread on this topic for 2017. It is here.

As always, YMMV from store to store and cashier to cashier.

Any product affiliated with InComm or ITC Financial Services(like Vanilla VISA, Vanilla MC, and OneVanilla VISA) will not work for swiped-PIN transactions exceeding $49.99.

NO variety or design of VISA or MC Gebit's auto-drain at Walmart.

You cannot successfully swipe more than 4 cards in a single transaction.

Before you swipe, the cashier needs to know how much you want removed from each and every Gebit because they need to type in that amount. Of course, the Gebit must have a current balance of that amount or more otherwise you will get Error 51.

Very few Kate's can sell money orders anymore.

Debit codes PDF
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/attac...0&d=1461170080
Print Wikipost

Buying Money Orders at Walmart(2013-2016)

Search this Thread

Old Oct 4, 2016, 8:59 pm

Originally Posted by SoloExperiment
I can confirm that the new terminals do indeed show the button to switch payment. I've done with with probably 20 MCGC. Once it trips up and goes to the signature screen you have to go to a different lane
I haven't used MC in awhile but when I did use them, I noticed that if the cashier inputs the split payment amount before you swipe, then the "Change Payment" screen doesn't appear. However, if you swipe first before the cashier enters the amount then the "Change Payment" appears. Your cashier has to be willing to do it this way (some cashiers make me wait before I swipe)...
Old Oct 5, 2016, 11:36 am

Originally Posted by Jleey98
I haven't used MC in awhile but when I did use them, I noticed that if the cashier inputs the split payment amount before you swipe, then the "Change Payment" screen doesn't appear. However, if you swipe first before the cashier enters the amount then the "Change Payment" appears. Your cashier has to be willing to do it this way (some cashiers make me wait before I swipe)...
Just ignore the cashier and race them then... Most cashiers I've interacted with are fine with me swiping first, usually with no explanation needed why (they know it works best this way). Some of them get flustered at me for 'going too fast', so I just explain I've had problems with my card before if I don't swipe first, and talk about how screwy the WM system is. They usually just agree with that assessment and seem to be in a better mood afterwards.
Old Oct 5, 2016, 11:38 am

Originally Posted by SoloExperiment
I can confirm that the new terminals do indeed show the button to switch payment. I've done with with probably 20 MCGC. Once it trips up and goes to the signature screen you have to go to a different lane
If you have a VGC with you (I always carry one when unloading MGC, for this very reason) just use the VGC, then go back to the MGC after telling the cashier 'this is why I have to swipe before you enter the $500. Stupid screwy Walmart computers'.
Old Oct 12, 2016, 7:13 pm

Getting unable to process debit card transaction when buying MO today at my locale walmart. Anyone have the same issue its the US Bank GC that i buy on Kroger stores.
Old Oct 12, 2016, 11:31 pm

Originally Posted by theseeker
Getting unable to process debit card transaction when buying MO today at my locale walmart. Anyone have the same issue its the US Bank GC that i buy on Kroger stores.
Same here. I bought 8 US Bank VGC from Kroger today, 4 of them were declined at Walmart. At first I thought it was the PIN issue, then I changed the PIN but only 1 card went through, the other 3 still didn't work.
Old Oct 13, 2016, 6:49 am

Originally Posted by forever1001
Same here. I bought 8 US Bank VGC from Kroger today, 4 of them were declined at Walmart. At first I thought it was the PIN issue, then I changed the PIN but only 1 card went through, the other 3 still didn't work.
Me too, three fifferent types of USbank cards bought at three different krogers declined at three different walmarts. Not looking good.
Old Oct 13, 2016, 11:44 am

Originally Posted by knopfler
Me too, three fifferent types of USbank cards bought at three different krogers declined at three different walmarts. Not looking good.
my USB VGC purchased from Kroger did not work at Wally as well. since i dont go to WM that often, i thought it's another card 'banned' at WM.

but then i remembered i did manage to successfully use such card before at WM

so probably PO next?
Old Oct 13, 2016, 11:58 am

Programs: AA Gold, Avios, UA, DL, SPG, Hyatt, Hilton, Rapid Rewards
Originally Posted by gnomey
my USB VGC purchased from Kroger did not work at Wally as well. since i dont go to WM that often, i thought it's another card 'banned' at WM.

but then i remembered i did manage to successfully use such card before at WM

so probably PO next?
Did that happen today?

I also had issues yesterday and I will try again today hoping that it was a glitch.
Old Oct 13, 2016, 1:16 pm

Originally Posted by pointsaholic
Did that happen today?

I also had issues yesterday and I will try again today hoping that it was a glitch.
Happened to me yesterday evening and this morning at a different wally. Very familiar cashiers too. I had a few other backup cards that worked, so hopefully it is some type of glitch that will be resolved.
Old Oct 13, 2016, 2:29 pm

Programs: WN, AA, UA, DL, AC, CX, BA, AGR, IHG, HH, CC, UR, MR, TY
DP: SMGCs continue to be acceptable at the POS terminals for MO purchases at my local northern NJ WMs. ^

I have not yet bought or attempted USB GCs so I can't weigh in on those.
Old Oct 13, 2016, 2:48 pm

Did that happen today?

it happened yesterday (12th)

i only tried it at one WM. i didnt want to attract attention by testing out again in other WM bc i dont have a spare $500 (that i know will work) with me to substitute in place

when it failed, the CSR had to ask the manager to come over and overwrite bc i said i wanted to try a smaller amount (using a $200 meta VGC this time)
Old Oct 13, 2016, 5:47 pm

Programs: AA Gold, Avios, UA, DL, SPG, Hyatt, Hilton, Rapid Rewards
It was a glitch

Tried again and was successful buying MOs with USBank VGCs - the same ones that did not work yesterday with 4030 BIN worked today. Great news.
Old Oct 13, 2016, 7:30 pm

Tried again and was successful buying MOs with USBank VGCs - the same ones that did not work yesterday with 4030 BIN worked today. Great news.
That is promising. I saw your post and was near a WM so I stopped by to try, but I ran into a rep tgat said no gift cards. Guess I'll try tomorrow.
Old Oct 14, 2016, 12:20 am

I have US Bank Master Card but they automatically ring as credit. Some terminals allow you to press the yellow button to change the tender type to debit, but some stores have terminals that do not allow.
Old Oct 14, 2016, 6:08 am

Originally Posted by WestCoastMS
I have US Bank Master Card but they automatically ring as credit. Some terminals allow you to press the yellow button to change the tender type to debit, but some stores have terminals that do not allow.
The mastercards have always defaulted to credit. If you read through the past few pages, there is a way to get the change button to show up on the new terminals. I think it depends on when the rep puts in the split tender amount.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.