Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 9, 2016, 9:07 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: ChrisFlyer66
There is a new thread on this topic for 2017. It is here.

As always, YMMV from store to store and cashier to cashier.

Any product affiliated with InComm or ITC Financial Services(like Vanilla VISA, Vanilla MC, and OneVanilla VISA) will not work for swiped-PIN transactions exceeding $49.99.

NO variety or design of VISA or MC Gebit's auto-drain at Walmart.

You cannot successfully swipe more than 4 cards in a single transaction.

Before you swipe, the cashier needs to know how much you want removed from each and every Gebit because they need to type in that amount. Of course, the Gebit must have a current balance of that amount or more otherwise you will get Error 51.

Very few Kate's can sell money orders anymore.

Debit codes PDF
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/attac...0&d=1461170080
Print Wikipost

Buying Money Orders at Walmart(2013-2016)

Search this Thread

Old Oct 14, 2016, 7:32 am

Originally Posted by pointsaholic
Tried again and was successful buying MOs with USBank VGCs - the same ones that did not work yesterday with 4030 BIN worked today. Great news.
Mine worked this morning as well!
Old Oct 14, 2016, 9:47 am

This is great news. I have not bought any again (GC) as i was having major depression about this. haha. Will try today.
Old Oct 16, 2016, 11:01 am

Programs: Delta, Southwest, Hilton, Marriott, Hyatt
I had a Money order printer run out of paper and money wasn't put back onto my VGC. there was a few comments awhile back that stated how this situation can get corrected. Does anyone know the date of those comments by Chance?
Old Oct 16, 2016, 11:14 am

Originally Posted by Stoshbygosh
I had a Money order printer run out of paper and money wasn't put back onto my VGC. there was a few comments awhile back that stated how this situation can get corrected. Does anyone know the date of those comments by Chance?
Or i can just tell you again here - old post wasn't mine but i know the process

once debit payments are processed the store has received the cash and the cards are drained. there's nothing you can do to reverse the transaction back into the card.

you need to have the manager or cashier return you cash from the drawer or wait for the machine to get fixed to print another set for you.

if you walked out of the store, there is little chance you will get your money back. ask to speak with the person in the finance office to resolve. their books need to balance.
Old Oct 16, 2016, 7:14 pm

Programs: Delta, Southwest, Hilton, Marriott, Hyatt
Thanks for the feedback.
Old Oct 17, 2016, 1:54 pm

Originally Posted by Stoshbygosh
On a couple of occasions I've had an issue with getting MOs printed out. Both times CSRs just gave me cash, and that's what the PoS system tells them to do. (On the receipt it says that the change due is the MO amount + $0.70 fee).
Old Oct 17, 2016, 1:57 pm

Originally Posted by DiMAn0684
On a couple of occasions I've had an issue with getting MOs printed out. Both times CSRs just gave me cash, and that's what the PoS system tells them to do. (On the receipt it says that the change due is the MO amount + $0.70 fee).
That's correct. The register will say cash due -xxx

The thing is, you need to explain the situation to everyone because they will not understand why they are giving you X amount of money (sometimes 2k in cold hard cash).
Old Oct 17, 2016, 2:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by DiMAn0684
Originally Posted by macrophage
That's correct. The register will say cash due -xxx

The thing is, you need to explain the situation to everyone because they will not understand why they are giving you X amount of money (sometimes 2k in cold hard cash).
In the Cash Receipts part of the store ledger for the day, it has already taken the money - but without giving your the "merchandise" and the system is treated it as a the same as if the merchandise is returned.

It depends on the particular store whether it would just refund the cash or they insisted to fiddle the MO machine and at the end, if the machine returns to operational, they would redo the MO purchase and use "Cash" as payment form, despite there is no cash change hand - and hand you the MO printed from that "cash purchase".

The former is a very quick solution, and the latter is a very time-consuming solution. Totally depends on which method the store chooses to handle it. At no event you should EVER walk out of the store before getting a resolution. It would be much more involved to get it resolved after the day has finished. (The cash office manager needs to go back to that day's details to find your money.)
Old Oct 17, 2016, 2:08 pm

Originally Posted by Happy
In the Cash Receipts part of the store ledger for the day, it has already taken the money - but without giving your the "merchandise" and the system is treated it as a the same as if the merchandise is returned.

It depends on the particular store whether it would just refund the cash or they insisted to fiddle the MO machine and at the end, if the machine returns to operational, they would redo the MO purchase and use "Cash" as payment form, despite there is no cash change hand - and hand you the MO printed from that "cash purchase".

The former is a very quick solution, and the latter is a very time-consuming solution. Totally depends on which method the store chooses to handle it. At no event you should EVER walk out of the store before getting a resolution. It would be much more involved to get it resolved after the day has finished. (The cash office manager needs to go back to that day's details to find your money.)
Correct -

Also, to ease any concern that your MOs are valid ones, you can request (at least that's what I do and see as reasonable) the cashier to print another set of MOs and take THOSE while using the error'ed ones as "payment" which gets put into the register for the end of day books.

After the MO machine is reset, it takes 2 cycles for it to validate the inserted roll. The first set should be fine... but I don't take that chance if the store is willing to absorb my risk.
Old Oct 17, 2016, 2:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by macrophage
Correct -

Also, to ease any concern that your MOs are valid ones, you can request (at least that's what I do and see as reasonable) the cashier to print another set of MOs and take THOSE while using the error'ed ones as "payment" which gets put into the register for the end of day books.

After the MO machine is reset, it takes 2 cycles for it to validate the inserted roll. The first set should be fine... but I don't take that chance if the store is willing to absorb my risk.
I never know you could buy a MO with a MO. Though I have had a few occasions when the machine ran out of stock but fortunately have not experienced issues on the subsequently printed MOs.
Old Oct 17, 2016, 2:20 pm

Originally Posted by Happy
I never know you could buy a MO with a MO. Though I have had a few occasions when the machine ran out of stock but fortunately have not experienced issues on the subsequently printed MOs.
Technically isn't a valid form of payment, but the cash office can reconcile at the end of the day as cash.

Cashing a WM MO at WM incurs a fee.
Old Oct 17, 2016, 3:17 pm

Programs: CO, UA, AA, WN, DL Gold
Metabank VGC?

Do the Metabank VGC work at Walmart? They were good at the USPO until recently and then starting failing.
Old Oct 17, 2016, 4:21 pm

Originally Posted by thebat
Do the Metabank VGC work at Walmart? They were good at the USPO until recently and then starting failing.
I just unloaded $5k of OD meta's yesterday and today at WM, they work
Old Oct 17, 2016, 6:50 pm

Originally Posted by thebat
Yes, I've never had any issues with Metabank VGCs at WM (whether from Simon, GCM, Staples or grocery store).
Old Oct 17, 2016, 9:25 pm

WM employee charged by mistake $100 instead of $200 on all 4 VGCs for $799.30 MO. I tried 5th swipe and of course it did not go through (max 4 swipes). Since the MO did not print yet she refunded all 4 $100 transactions and I could instantly charge same VGCs again for $200 each. I checked online and I can see $100 refunds and $200 charges.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.