Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 15, 2014, 9:20 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Steve Oh
What we know so far, that we are happy to share, and won't get the hump when other people ask us or other people get the hump cos we know something they don't.

3V / Pay.com cards are no more

That is all.
Print Wikipost

Manufactured Spend UK

Search this Thread

Old Jul 29, 2018, 4:56 pm

Programs: BA GGL
There's way to get money deposited to online gambling sites via Amex without the cash advance fee. It's a bit tedious but I managed £150 per day on 3 cards.
Saddler likes this.
Old Jul 30, 2018, 5:37 am

Programs: Nandos Chillis
Originally Posted by Biishop
Hi Guys,

i have read read the threads as far back as 2015,

Is still possible to MS in the UK at significant levels, the resounding theme is that no one is willing to share their secret considering recent development.

I am am interested in the Range / pre paid card.

I am am willing to learn. Please PM to help direct me to resources I can read, study etc.
The Range Prepaid Card was hit and miss as availability of vouchers was somewhat a lottery - for most people anyway. Some staff believed they could only accept cash, debit card, or even all credit cards except Amex for those vouchers.

If you don't already have a Range card, it's probably too late as I believe the programme is being wound down. The number on their website doesn't work.
Old Aug 10, 2018, 8:03 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: HH Silver
Exclamation

After a few deleted posts in this thread it seems a reminder is required that posts soliciting private exchanges are not permitted and further posts of that nature will also be deleted.

tcook052
MS forum moderator
Old Aug 12, 2018, 3:27 am

Hey

I've been reading through this thread from the beginning trying to think of more ideas to MS and have seen alot of methods which have been used but are now more or less defunct. I've managed to utilise methods such as the range card/vouchers which was useful to an extent but which is now not available anymore.

I've also managed to think of other potential methods which I am testing out and over the last few months have managed to gain 20k points.

Currently looking at various pre-paid card options, wondering i f anyone else has also looked at newer prepaid cards for UK?
Old Aug 12, 2018, 5:36 am
used to be 'AndrewSJGrant'

Programs: Black
Not been here for a long long time, hi everyone. Yes....everyone, even those who are probably less than impressed with me.

Looks like this forum hasn't changed much. The Royal Mint stuff ended up as expected it would appear. In 2014 I bought £400 worth of George & The Dragon £20 coins with the plan of depositing them or cashing them out...nope, that didn't work. Annoyingly they are no longer in their packaging so worthless on eBay. They're currently in my sock drawer back in Blighty, one day I will get around to doing something with them.

Saw that someone mentioned prepaid cards above which piqued my interest and got me thinking. I am halfway through testing a new idea which will be a nice little earner (hotel points) if it works. I'm just waiting for a pesky authorisation code to post to my statement to verify the account.

Happy MSing all :-)

Last edited by ASJG; Aug 12, 2018 at 6:08 am
Old Aug 14, 2018, 3:40 am

There are a number of fairly obvious loop holes open at the moment with so-called prepaid cards. It does not cost anything to experiment. It is even possible to create a payment 'circle'. I don't mind sharing but can' t post openly for obvious reasons.
I've hit a brick wall with the new Virgin Atlantic cards. Has anybody found a way to exploit that?
Sisyphus1carus and mhrb like this.

Last edited by luckyjim; Aug 14, 2018 at 3:58 am Reason: error
Old Aug 14, 2018, 7:05 am
used to be 'AndrewSJGrant'

Programs: Black
Update to my above post. I've found a route with a 'so-called' prepaid card. I also found a way to circle it, but I won't be doing that. I'm late to the party with this and I am sure you all already have it. I can't see it lasting long though!
Old Aug 20, 2018, 5:25 am
jtz

I'd like to MS but sort of new to it, are there any links I can check out? to test waters
Thanks
Old Aug 20, 2018, 3:00 pm
inY

This may qualify for https://www.reddit.com/r/shittychurning/ but Tesco Pay+ is technically a prepaid card that can only be used at Tesco.

https://pay-plus.tesco.com/prepaid-terms-and-conditions

Top-up from credit card is free and one can close out the account to withdrawal the balance for free. Maximum balance is £2,500 and I doubt the card is churnable but it might be. Also unclear if they refund to the credit card in such cases.
Old Aug 31, 2018, 3:16 pm

Programs: A variety of Platinums, Golds, Silvers and other fancy metals.
Originally Posted by ASJG
Not been here for a long long time, hi everyone. Yes....everyone, even those who are probably less than impressed with me.
Hi Andrew.
Not sure if you pi$$ed me off or not, but welcome back anyway lol

Nothing much is happening at all, other than what you're no doubt aware of - I'm pretty sure us 'oldies' are all on the same page :P
ASJG likes this.
Old Sep 8, 2018, 8:36 am
inY

FairFX Everywhere Business & Personal card reloads are 6051 "Non-Financial Institutions – Foreign Currency, Money Orders (not wire transfer) and Travelers Cheques".

Does anybody know of a debit card that reports merchant category codes? That would be easier than burning cash advances.

Last edited by inY; Nov 15, 2018 at 2:26 pm
Old Sep 10, 2018, 6:55 am

Originally Posted by inY
This may qualify for https://www.reddit.com/r/shittychurning/ but Tesco Pay+ is technically a prepaid card that can only be used at Tesco.

https://pay-plus.tesco.com/prepaid-terms-and-conditions

Top-up from credit card is free and one can close out the account to withdrawal the balance for free. Maximum balance is £2,500 and I doubt the card is churnable but it might be. Also unclear if they refund to the credit card in such cases.
Can you top up from Amex or just Visa/MC?
Old Sep 10, 2018, 1:11 pm
inY

Originally Posted by luckyjim
Can you top up from Amex or just Visa/MC?
There's an Amex logo at the bottom of the page. Haven't tried it empirically.
Old Sep 11, 2018, 10:23 am

Originally Posted by inY
Tesco Pay+ is technically a prepaid card that can only be used at Tesco.

Since it technically counts as a prepaid card it would be have to a bank account as you cant refund those to a card (same as why you can't refund gift cards). If you do load some money with amex please tell if you charged a cash advance fee.
Old Sep 11, 2018, 12:23 pm

Programs: Nandos Chillis
Tesco Pay+ prepaid is completely useless in my opinion. Tesco accept a wide variety of payments so what is the purpose of a Tesco only restricted prepaid card that can only be topped up by Visa/MC! I’m a fan of Pay+ but the prepaid option offers no extra functionality or spend limit, just ties up funds unnecessarily.

It is operated by Prepay Solutions so you will get a cheque back in the post, but probably not worth it for £2.5k spend which is child’s play to MS elsewhere.

And you can’t top it up with Amex.

Last edited by TheUrbanite; Sep 11, 2018 at 1:11 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.