Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 15, 2014, 9:20 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Steve Oh
What we know so far, that we are happy to share, and won't get the hump when other people ask us or other people get the hump cos we know something they don't.

3V / Pay.com cards are no more

That is all.
Print Wikipost

Manufactured Spend UK

Search this Thread

Old Apr 18, 2016, 11:24 pm

Programs: The Embassy
https://web.archive.org/web/20150806...e_Silver_Coin?

Crikey, so they did. Serves me right for my scepticism.
Old Apr 19, 2016, 2:25 pm

Originally Posted by mr_moon
The Royal Mint will only issue refunds for returns made within 14 days of purchase.
I read this and had to tell you that this information is what they will initially tell you if you contact their customer services. If you then tell them that you are aware of what they did with the banks sending letters out and making the coins worthless then they should be willing to take these back. I know people who have done this in the past couple of weeks.
Old Apr 23, 2016, 2:34 am

Programs: various
I've been reading FT for a few months now but relatively new to MS in the UK. Does The Range still work for visa & mastercard? I haven't seen a post about it in this thread for years. Is there any reason to think it's dead?

Last edited by boydphotographer; Apr 26, 2016 at 1:35 am
Old Apr 25, 2016, 2:52 pm

Programs: A variety of Platinums, Golds, Silvers and other fancy metals.
Originally Posted by Aus_Mal
It is impossible in the UK, so I suggest you emigrate to the United States where dreams can be fulfilled.
Now now Mal, play nicely
Old Apr 27, 2016, 10:46 pm

Programs: BA,Tesco,AA,IHG,Marriot
Originally Posted by boydphotographer
I've been reading FT for a few months now but relatively new to MS in the UK. Does The Range still work for visa & mastercard? I haven't seen a post about it in this thread for years. Is there any reason to think it's dead?
I still have the range card it's still available but tbh it's not worth the bother, the vouchers you buy in store(if you can even find any) Never work online so you have to manually ring them to get them added to your account and the people working there are let's say "mentally challenged". Long story short don't bother
Old Apr 27, 2016, 11:57 pm

Programs: A variety of Platinums, Golds, Silvers and other fancy metals.
Originally Posted by scottydoobuy
I still have the range card it's still available but tbh it's not worth the bother, the vouchers you buy in store(if you can even find any) Never work online so you have to manually ring them to get them added to your account and the people working there are let's say "mentally challenged". Long story short don't bother
Yes, I'll agree with that.
The best I managed was to scan all the cards in and email the image - they manually activated them.
Really not worth the effort at all.
Old Jun 7, 2016, 5:05 am

Wink

Would anyone like to offer-up any experiences with "a certain overseas spending card whose beta trial just finished"?

The beta trial finished last night (and had not been open to new applications at all for some time) so this is now a dead deal.

However....

For those not aware the card was designed for overseas spending by charging a linked Mastercard or Visa in GBP (thus earning rewards on overseas spending without paying the often exorbitant FX feeds linked to rewards cards). The card T&Cs stated that transactions charged in GBP would be subject to a small charge, however... throughout the beta trial this fee has not been levied.

I was therefore able to use the card to deposit money into a GBP "a government-based" savings account. The deposit was charged to my linked VISA as a GBP purchase with no additional fees or charges added. I consequently put around £5k of true manufactured spend through this route over the last couple of months. I would be interested to hear any other experiences.

I will add that I did also use the product for it's intended purpose of overseas spending and found it to be very useful in this regard (albeit after some initial teething-issues).

Last edited by Gulliver_UK; Jun 8, 2016 at 7:33 am Reason: Removing brand names to placate the locals
Old Jun 7, 2016, 6:20 am

Programs: BAEC GGL, HHonors Diamond, IHG Uninspired, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium, UK AMEX Plat
It was treated by the HMRC website as a Visa Debit card, and Travelex never charged the 50p GBP-use supplement, so I used it for paying my self assessment tax bill whilst earning points
Old Jun 7, 2016, 8:05 am

Sigh...
Old Jun 7, 2016, 7:36 pm

Programs: Nandos Chillis
Originally Posted by Gulliver_UK
The beta trial finished last night (and had not been open to new applications at all for some time) so this is now a dead deal.
Very clever - not as if it is likely to be launched as a proper product in the near future is it?

Last edited by TheUrbanite; Jun 9, 2016 at 9:17 am
Old Jun 8, 2016, 2:24 am

Programs: OW Saphire, Club Carlson Gold
Originally Posted by Gulliver_UK
Would anyone like to offer-up any experiences with the *EDITED*?
You sir are an idiot. Well done.

Last edited by the_real_a; Jun 9, 2016 at 4:39 am
Old Jun 8, 2016, 3:27 am

Programs: Amex MR, BA, VS, IHG Amb, SPG, Tufty Club
Loose lips sink ships...
Old Jun 8, 2016, 4:39 am

Programs: The Embassy
So that I've got it straight, the whole point of this particular thread is to not discuss manufactured spend?
Old Jun 8, 2016, 4:51 am

Programs: BA GGL CCR GfL, SQ Gold, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond, Marriott Plat, Cafe Nero Loyalty Card (7 Stamps)
Originally Posted by zebrametalevel
So that I've got it straight, the whole point of this particular thread is to not discuss manufactured spend?
Given that this thread is continually circled by blog vultures to take anything they can get, which has killed 99% of all schemes discussed here, I'd say that's EXACTLY what this thread should be about.

Sooner it disappears the better. It used to be a great place to discuss and share ideas, but unfortunately it has become a breeding pool for leeches keen to latch on to any scheme without any ability to do any work for themselves, and bloggers looking to use info to punt a few credit card referrals off the back of the info.

RIP MS on FT.
Old Jun 8, 2016, 5:47 am

Programs: OW Saphire, Club Carlson Gold
Originally Posted by zebrametalevel
Use common sense.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.