Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 15, 2014, 9:20 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Steve Oh
What we know so far, that we are happy to share, and won't get the hump when other people ask us or other people get the hump cos we know something they don't.

3V / Pay.com cards are no more

That is all.
Print Wikipost

Manufactured Spend UK

Search this Thread

Old Jun 8, 2016, 7:31 am

At the risk of attracting further ire I will state that I did consider long and hard before posting on this subject. I see this forum as a place to share ideas and experiences as to what types of method have worked previously. I completely agree that posting step-by-step guides on specific current methods is only going to achieve the quick demise of that particular MS-route. However, in this case the deal is already dead, and there is no guarantee that any replacement product will a) ever materialize, or b) have the same characteristics / features.

I appreciate that there are probably many old-hands for whom this is a place to extract information rather than contribute, but unless UK MS is now officially a taboo subject on FT (and this thread locked) I will continue to use my own judgement.
Old Jun 8, 2016, 11:44 am

Feel free to kill any scheme you care about, or the currently dead scheme if relaunched.

Ms spending discussion moved on from public forums ages ago due to any advertised idea being killed quickly.
Old Jun 9, 2016, 4:23 am

Programs: OW Saphire, Club Carlson Gold
Originally Posted by Gulliver_UK
unless UK MS is now officially a taboo subject on FT (and this thread locked) I will continue to use my own judgement.
What you are missing is that those who know the answers will not engage with you here.
Old Jun 17, 2016, 9:51 am

Programs: A variety of Platinums, Golds, Silvers and other fancy metals.
Originally Posted by Wozza2404
Given that this thread is continually circled by blog vultures to take anything they can get, which has killed 99% of all schemes discussed here, I'd say that's EXACTLY what this thread should be about.

Sooner it disappears the better. It used to be a great place to discuss and share ideas, but unfortunately it has become a breeding pool for leeches keen to latch on to any scheme without any ability to do any work for themselves, and bloggers looking to use info to punt a few credit card referrals off the back of the info.

RIP MS on FT.
This

Originally Posted by Aus_Mal
Feel free to kill any scheme you care about, or the currently dead scheme if relaunched.

Ms spending discussion moved on from public forums ages ago due to any advertised idea being killed quickly.
This

Originally Posted by smala01
What you are missing is that those who know the answers will not engage with you here.
And this.

It's common knowledge that every scheme shared here died pretty much instantly.
There are some that stuck to Private Messages
There are some that stuck to Private Forums
There are some that do/did both.

Everyone here will guarantee that any working idea posted here will die within weeks, which is why nobody does any more.

My advice to you, if you've found a working solution then keep it to yourself - everyone else does.
Old Jul 16, 2016, 4:44 pm
inY

Foreign debit cards?

I have some US debit cards with no foreign transaction fee. AMEX won't take it. Anybody know if other banks will?

Last edited by inY; Jul 17, 2016 at 5:51 am
Old Jul 20, 2016, 1:22 pm

Supercard now seems to be locked down by the new company running it and the appropriate fees are being charged where they weren't in the Beta.
Old Jul 21, 2016, 12:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, BA, Mucci: Sir Roger des Directions Routičres, PCR
Originally Posted by Tootsy
Supercard now seems to be locked down by the new company running it and the appropriate fees are being charged where they weren't in the Beta.

Mine isn't.
Old Jul 28, 2016, 9:27 am

Programs: BA Gold. IHG Diamond Elite / Ambassador
deleted

Last edited by fac383; Nov 21, 2016 at 1:02 am
Old Jul 28, 2016, 9:38 am

deleted

Last edited by fac383; Nov 21, 2016 at 1:01 am
Old Jul 28, 2016, 9:40 am

Originally Posted by fac383
So, with that, I'm not looking for the secrets of any MS schemes that may still be alive, but a little advise on deferred spending that I think is still open for discussion.

Looking at the Lloyds MC/Amex with 6 months intro double avios on spending up to Ł2500, that figure is around a Ł1000 above my usual spend so wanting to know the best option at present other than buying a load of B&Q vouchers.
Prepay your council tax
Old Jul 28, 2016, 10:56 am

deleted

Last edited by fac383; Nov 21, 2016 at 1:01 am
Old Jul 28, 2016, 10:59 am

Is that possible direct from the Amex or am I looking for a prepay debit card that can be loaded by Amex?
Generally won't take AMEX, could use the MC but might have a surcharge. Prepaid debit cards are an option but the cost wouldn't be worth it really.

You could pre-pay bills e.g. TV, phone, internet, electricity, gas, etc.
Old Jul 28, 2016, 1:27 pm
cjt

Buy gift cards for the supermarket you normally use (eg. Tesco). Get as many as you need to take you over whatever spending bonus you need.

You can also send money to a family member (who then gives you the money back as cash or bank transfer) using paypal. There is a fee for using amex but it might not weigh out the points you earn. Be careful with this though as PayPal will shut you down if it's anymore than a few hundred pounds, and don't do it often - they have very strict money laundering laws to follow.
Old Jul 28, 2016, 5:56 pm

Programs: Nandos Chillis
I've just read this thread from start to finish.

It was like a great mystery/suspense/who done it novel. A real page turner.

We've got the book cover tag line in the wiki…

3V / Pay.com cards are no more

That is all.

But, Why? How? When? and who was the killer?

Great stuff, guys. I feel a little bereft now I've finished.
Good start. That message appeared up top shortly after some nutter came on here wilfully sabotaging information contributing to a potential route.

You might also want to read the Tesco and BA threads from the last few years. I don't think you have to look far to find the people that kill off schemes that appear on this forum!

Last edited by TheUrbanite; Jul 28, 2016 at 6:02 pm
Old Jul 28, 2016, 9:21 pm

Originally Posted by TheUrbanite
Good start. That message appeared up top shortly after some nutter came on here wilfully sabotaging information contributing to a potential route.

You might also want to read the Tesco and BA threads from the last few years. I don't think you have to look far to find the people that kill off schemes that appear on this forum!
Yep, I have proof as to what killed one route discussed here, and it was someone contacting the company with specific information about what people were doing with their product.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.