Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 15, 2014, 9:20 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Steve Oh
What we know so far, that we are happy to share, and won't get the hump when other people ask us or other people get the hump cos we know something they don't.

3V / Pay.com cards are no more

That is all.
Print Wikipost

Manufactured Spend UK

Search this Thread

Old Oct 11, 2019, 4:21 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver
Hi all, I just moved to the UK from the US as well. I'm well versed in American MS methods, but if anyone who can speak to UK manufactured spend has time to send me a PM and could answer some questions I'd really appreciate it!
Old Oct 14, 2019, 4:45 am

Smile

Originally Posted by msbandit
Hi everyone,

I've been doing this for a couple years and have been hitting 6 figures pa but have only just come across this forum so I'm quite excited to see I'm not the only one doing it

Mike, having read online, US is a gold mine for rewards / cashback, Curve is a start but as I can see others have said... we don't like to make it public!

I've only told one my other half the full extent of all the schemes I have!
Any hints about your schemes? I'm happy to share what I know but am wary newbies with only a handful of posts .
Old Oct 15, 2019, 5:07 am

Programs: Virgin Miles
Completely understand - would be the same in your situation
Old Oct 15, 2019, 2:49 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver
Originally Posted by luckyjim
Any hints about your schemes? I'm happy to share what I know but am wary newbies with only a handful of posts .
I know you didn't quote my post but I definitely qualify as a newbie with only a handful of posts (and understand why you're wary!)

I use two main methods in the states both involving Plastiq and purchasing specific kinds of prepaid cards (rotating a few high earning cards, of course!) that are charged Plastiq's lower fee. One method involves paying off the card directly and one involves depositing directly into a bank account. I'll also hop on avenues like funding bank accounts with credit and buying a site's gift cards with a bonus and paying with their proprietary gift cards when they open up. Would rather not go into too much detail on a public forum because while I doubt many people will come looking for that info on a UK MS forum, I'd like it if those avenues are still alive when I go home for the holidays -

Haven't posted on FT much because I had a small group in the US where we talk strategy, but being in a new country is uncharted territory so I've been looking externally.

Hope to hear from you!
Old Oct 17, 2019, 4:13 pm

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by luckyjim
Originally Posted by milesbanit
Completely understand - would be the same in your situation

Why not just PM each other then?
Old Nov 28, 2019, 4:10 am

Niche, but looking for how to explain manufactured spend for miles to a solicitor who is under taking conveyancing for me right now. Have provided extensive statements of Curve, Revolut etc etc and despite the high turnover rate of debits and credits, the net is roughly the same over the period. The solicitor can’t get their head around it and is convinced there is something they haven’t yet found.
Old Nov 28, 2019, 4:32 am

Originally Posted by pazza2000
Niche, but looking for how to explain manufactured spend for miles to a solicitor who is under taking conveyancing for me right now. Have provided extensive statements of Curve, Revolut etc etc and despite the high turnover rate of debits and credits, the net is roughly the same over the period. The solicitor can’t get their head around it and is convinced there is something they haven’t yet found.
Get a new conveyancing solicitor. If they can't wrap their head round as simple a topic as this I wouldn't trust them with a purchase that large.
ankomonkey likes this.
Old Nov 28, 2019, 6:23 am

I think so!
mhrb likes this.
Old Nov 28, 2019, 7:34 am

Originally Posted by flieduk
Why not just PM each other then?
Because it seems the second post is trying to get people confused into thinking they are milesbandit so someone accidentally shares information with them.
Old Nov 28, 2019, 9:14 am

Monese closing a loophole in January. Curve also closing a few.
Old Nov 28, 2019, 3:31 pm

Programs: Nothing shiny :-(
I'm intrigued. Why is a conveyancing solicitor looking at your bank statements?
Old Nov 28, 2019, 4:18 pm

Some uptight solicitors get antsy about proof of funds.
Old Nov 29, 2019, 3:07 am

This is very much a case of that! It’s getting them to grasp the concept vs thinking it’s ‘laundering’ money
Old Nov 29, 2019, 3:07 am

Originally Posted by louie-m
I'm intrigued. Why is a conveyancing solicitor looking at your bank statements?
Purchasing a property! They need to verify proof / source of funds
Old Nov 29, 2019, 4:40 am

Programs: Nothing shiny :-(
Purchasing a property! They need to verify proof / source of funds
Interesting. I'm also in the process of purchasing a property in the UK and no mention has been made of anyone wanting my bank statements.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.