Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 15, 2014, 9:20 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Steve Oh
What we know so far, that we are happy to share, and won't get the hump when other people ask us or other people get the hump cos we know something they don't.

3V / Pay.com cards are no more

That is all.
Print Wikipost

Manufactured Spend UK

Search this Thread

Old Dec 4, 2013, 3:45 pm

Originally Posted by xls999
Hadn't used Morrisons before. Just bought 90 cards today in 2 stores which was enough for £96 worth of fuel plus vouchers left over. Pity it is Inferior supermarket fuel but hey ho.

Some of the activation slips were printed with "Will be activated within 24 hours". Anybody experienced this before and are they?
I have had those "will be activated" ones when the 3V system was down. They were indeed active by the next day.

Much better system than Tesco tills.
Old Dec 4, 2013, 3:52 pm

Programs: A variety of Platinums, Golds, Silvers and other fancy metals.
Yes and no - Morrisons take a lot longer to come out.
Old Dec 4, 2013, 5:14 pm

Originally Posted by 21H21J
It's been a good week or two

FYI a pack of Polo's is 12cm
I don't have any Polo's to hand, but this is a can of 7Up Free, along with my gathering from the last couple of weeks :P

In the background you will see my £2.85 worth of fuel coupons, and my lucky 2euro coin.
You'll have to excuse the rest of the mess

Last edited by Steve Oh; Dec 4, 2013 at 11:51 pm Reason: /pedant off
Old Dec 4, 2013, 10:49 pm

I'll admit that a can of red bull probably helped a little, but when you get your windows positioned in the right places, you can average 20 seconds from 3V to NS&I

Little hint for you all - when you're entering expiry month, don't bother pressing down, or tapping '1' 3 times to get to 12 - just hit END
Old Dec 4, 2013, 11:34 pm

Programs: Some, not all.
Originally Posted by Steve Oh

In the background you will see my £2.85 worth of fuel coupons, and my lucky 2euro coin.
You'll have to excuse the rest of the mess
You are braver than me to have that many cards at once.

I'm always considering that one day NS&I will no longer accept 3v and I don't want to be left holding more 3v cards than I can dispose of by other channels, or afford to pay for outright.
Old Dec 4, 2013, 11:53 pm

Originally Posted by 21H21J
You are braver than me to have that many cards at once.

I'm always considering that one day NS&I will no longer accept 3v and I don't want to be left holding more 3v cards than I can dispose of by other channels, or afford to pay for outright.
I still have a few other places for them if need be, they're just not a priority at the moment - half of those have already been stuck on NS&I, but I do take your point

It was worth it to get a free Ant & Dec bag though.
Old Dec 5, 2013, 11:24 am

I'll admit that a can of red bull probably helped a little, but when you get your windows positioned in the right places, you can average 20 seconds from 3V to NS&I

Little hint for you all - when you're entering expiry month, don't bother pressing down, or tapping '1' 3 times to get to 12 - just hit END
Impressive ^ Is that 20s for the whole process from 'beep' or when the cards are already activated?
Old Dec 5, 2013, 12:33 pm

Originally Posted by mobilemario
Impressive ^ Is that 20s for the whole process from 'beep' or when the cards are already activated?
That's 20 seconds with the 3V cards already activated.
If I was doing Beep to Activation to NS&I it would probably be closer the 35 seconds per card, purely because of the captcha thing.
Old Dec 5, 2013, 1:48 pm

Programs: QFF Silver, BA Blue, GF Silver, 3V Emerald
That's 20 seconds with the 3V cards already activated.
If I was doing Beep to Activation to NS&I it would probably be closer the 35 seconds per card, purely because of the captcha thing.
Good call on pressing 'end' ^, I thought I was doing well on 3V but reading this puts me at an amateur level - my input time is around 85 seconds a card (including scratching) and I've only done 7.5k worth!
Old Dec 5, 2013, 2:11 pm

Originally Posted by stevejnr
Good call on pressing 'end' ^, I thought I was doing well on 3V but reading this puts me at an amateur level - my input time is around 85 seconds a card (including scratching) and I've only done 7.5k worth!
Not bad - going at that rate if you manage to get your 3V from Tesco then you're earning just under 21,000 Avios per hour
Old Dec 7, 2013, 6:52 am

How many points did you have in your Clubcard accounts so far? Would Tesco have a closer look into accounts with high numbers?
The current 100 point vouchers allow to fill up accounts pretty quickly...
Old Dec 7, 2013, 9:05 am

£92 and 667 points in one
£39 and 9443 points in the other.
Old Dec 7, 2013, 12:16 pm

£126.50 and 9816 up to yesterday. Got 35 cards in Tesco today which should earn another 6000 odd points. Also couldn't resist 14 cards in Morrisons to even up petrol tokens to 135p

Just can't face inputting them for activation and transfer to NS&I though!
Old Dec 7, 2013, 6:11 pm

Programs: SPG Gold, QR Silver, CX Gold, AMEX Plat, AMEX Gold
Finally came across 3V cards in London who would actually sell them to me ! But only at a Boots. London Euston to be precise. I picked up 10, but then also saw a restock box on the rack. Perhaps worth a quick check if passing through.
Old Dec 8, 2013, 2:26 am

I have a 'double points' voucher for Tesco. While it says on the voucher that it isn't to be used with gift card spend I wonder if that is controlled by the check out operator or coded in the points generation. Anybody used one and can report?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.