Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 15, 2014, 9:20 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Steve Oh
What we know so far, that we are happy to share, and won't get the hump when other people ask us or other people get the hump cos we know something they don't.

3V / Pay.com cards are no more

That is all.
Print Wikipost

Manufactured Spend UK

Search this Thread

Old Dec 8, 2013, 3:11 am

Originally Posted by xls999
I have a 'double points' voucher for Tesco. While it says on the voucher that it isn't to be used with gift card spend I wonder if that is controlled by the check out operator or coded in the points generation. Anybody used one and can report?
The coupon only doubles base points.

Points from gift cards are bonus points. They will not double.
Old Dec 8, 2013, 12:50 pm

Programs: Hilton Gold, IHG Platinum Ambassador, Carlson Gold, British Airways Executive Club
the morrissons fuel voucher rules state that you can only use the voucher with one vehicle. it may seem obvious but nothing to stop filling up a few petrol cans you just may happen to have in your boot for recycling in any other vehicle you may have !!
Old Dec 8, 2013, 1:03 pm

Originally Posted by needroos
Finally came across 3V cards in London who would actually sell them to me ! But only at a Boots. London Euston to be precise. I picked up 10, but then also saw a restock box on the rack. Perhaps worth a quick check if passing through.
A fellow FTer, and myself were in Euston this morning and checked out boots. Saw a distinct gap and wondered 'hey that looks like a 3v slot'

Neither of us had seen this post!

The refill pack was nowhere to be seen. It is a small world.
Old Dec 8, 2013, 3:58 pm

Originally Posted by Aus_Mal
A fellow FTer, and myself were in Euston this morning and checked out boots. Saw a distinct gap and wondered 'hey that looks like a 3v slot'

Neither of us had seen this post!

The refill pack was nowhere to be seen. It is a small world.
+1
Old Dec 9, 2013, 3:07 pm

Programs: A variety of Platinums, Golds, Silvers and other fancy metals.
Originally Posted by charlieduke
the morrissons fuel voucher rules state that you can only use the voucher with one vehicle. it may seem obvious but nothing to stop filling up a few petrol cans you just may happen to have in your boot for recycling in any other vehicle you may have !!
The only limit is 100 litres - nothing to stop you filling a few cans at all
Old Dec 9, 2013, 3:46 pm

Originally Posted by Steve Oh
The only limit is 100 litres - nothing to stop you filling a few cans at all
Is there a maximum fuel can size that can be legally used to fill on the forecourt ?

And store at home and dispense from ?

Last edited by sinizter; Dec 9, 2013 at 3:52 pm
Old Dec 9, 2013, 4:28 pm

As far as I know, you're legally allowed 23 litres in total to store at home (not in your living room, though ). You need to have special petrol cans, which can be 5 litres and made of plastic, or 10 litres and made of metal.

I don't know how you would get 23 litres then but if you do a quick google search you should find these conditions (UK law).
Old Dec 10, 2013, 12:29 am

Programs: Some, not all.
It's starting to sound a little like MSE with all this talk of filling fuel cans...

Obviously Morrison fuel saver is not for everyone, but if you do your sums you'll see if it is worth the effort before investing in a bunch of Jerry cans (20 litres can be metal or plastic).

Often overlooked is Homebase, they keep sending me reusable triple point vouchers which is worth £15 off every £500 of 3V.
Old Dec 10, 2013, 1:13 am

I have a nice big fuel discount to use.. but no servo within easy reach!
Old Dec 10, 2013, 1:36 am

Originally Posted by 21H21J
It's starting to sound a little like MSE with all this talk of filling fuel cans...

Obviously Morrison fuel saver is not for everyone, but if you do your sums you'll see if it is worth the effort before investing in a bunch of Jerry cans (20 litres can be metal or plastic).

Often overlooked is Homebase, they keep sending me reusable triple point vouchers which is worth £15 off every £500 of 3V.
A further nearly free tank of fuel every 3 fills (20L jerry can) makes the maths definitely work.
Old Dec 10, 2013, 1:51 am

Programs: BA GGL CCR GfL, SQ Gold, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond, Marriott Plat, Cafe Nero Loyalty Card (7 Stamps)
I don't know if I'm missing something with this fuel stuff, but I can't seem to be able to make the sums work.

I know fuel is ridiculously priced here (I was in Saudi last month and the price at the pump was 7p a litre), but those 5p coupons amount to about £2 a tank; it costs me more to drive to Tesco/Morrisons.

I'm sure there's more to it (I didn't really get Clubcard points last year and now, thanks to PanGalactic's insistence I give it a shot, I'm sat on about £400 of points without having done a single grocery shop there), but for those small savings I don't get it. YMMV.
Old Dec 10, 2013, 1:54 am

Programs: Some, not all.
Originally Posted by Wozza2404
I don't know if I'm missing something with this fuel stuff, but I can't seem to be able to make the sums work.

I know fuel is ridiculously priced here (I was in Saudi last month and the price at the pump was 7p a litre), but those 5p coupons amount to about £2 a tank; it costs me more to drive to Tesco/Morrisons.

I'm sure there's more to it (I didn't really get Clubcard points last year and now, thanks to PanGalactic's insistence I give it a shot, I'm sat on about £400 of points without having done a single grocery shop there), but for those small savings I don't get it. YMMV.
Really? Try having a look at the Morrison website and you soon see that that you get 1p off a litre for every £10 of GC bought. £1000 of 3V = £1 of a litre.

Time you did some homework.
Old Dec 10, 2013, 1:55 am

Programs: Amex MR, BA, VS, IHG Amb, SPG, Tufty Club
With my last lot of Morrison's vouchers, a full tank of diesel cost £9 instead of £90 for 60litres. The vouchers reduced the price to less than 20p/litre
Old Dec 10, 2013, 2:14 am

Programs: BA GGL CCR GfL, SQ Gold, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond, Marriott Plat, Cafe Nero Loyalty Card (7 Stamps)
Originally Posted by 21H21J
Really? Try having a look at the Morrison website and you soon see that that you get 1p off a litre for every £10 of GC bought. £1000 of 3V = £1 of a litre.

Time you did some homework.
So are the 1p vouchers stackable or do they increase with the purchase amount (i.e. if I spent £1000 in one transaction, would it automatically print me £1 off a litre ticket, or would I get 100 x 1p vouchers)?
Old Dec 10, 2013, 2:16 am

So are the 1p vouchers stackable or do they increase with the purchase amount (i.e. if I spent £1000 in one transaction, would it automatically print me £1 off a litre ticket, or would I get 100 x 1p vouchers)?
I spent 1k on Sunday and got 1 voucher for £1.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.