Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 15, 2014, 9:20 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Steve Oh
What we know so far, that we are happy to share, and won't get the hump when other people ask us or other people get the hump cos we know something they don't.

3V / Pay.com cards are no more

That is all.
Print Wikipost

Manufactured Spend UK

Search this Thread

Old Apr 26, 2020, 5:08 am

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by mhrb
They meant something more obvious. You posted on their community a couple of days ago.

With the wearable, do you know how refunds to funding source work at £1.50 a pop?
Not sure it can work. Presumably you need to refund to same source so there will be no net spend?
pazza2000 likes this.
Old Apr 26, 2020, 5:10 am

Originally Posted by flieduk
Not sure it can work. Presumably you need to refund to same source so there will be no net spend?
There's always a way around that. Or it could just be used for cheap deferred spend.
pazza2000 likes this.
Old Apr 26, 2020, 7:11 am

Programs: Nandos Chillis
Originally Posted by mhrb
They meant something more obvious. You posted on their community a couple of days ago.

With the wearable, do you know how refunds to funding source work at £1.50 a pop?
Not sure - personally I stay well away from any route than involves refunds!
pazza2000 likes this.
Old Apr 27, 2020, 4:34 am

Originally Posted by TheUrbanite
Not sure - personally I stay well away from any route than involves refunds!
....especially right now! Waiting 45+ days on various refunds that should normally take 2
Old Apr 30, 2020, 1:53 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond, BA Gold
Found a new way to generate cashback for paying off Lloyds Bank/MBNA (doesn't work at Amex unfortunately) - launched last week
Anyone got some MS ways for Creation or Barclaycard they can share via PM please?
pazza2000 likes this.
Old May 1, 2020, 11:44 am

Programs: Nandos Chillis
Originally Posted by petter2
Found a new way to generate cashback for paying off Lloyds Bank/MBNA (doesn't work at Amex unfortunately) - launched last week
Anyone got some MS ways for Creation or Barclaycard they can share via PM please?
Quite a few clues there if discretion is your intention!

For inspiration (not a current opportunity) for the latter, Google Finangel. A very kind business.
pazza2000 likes this.

Last edited by TheUrbanite; May 1, 2020 at 12:20 pm
Old May 2, 2020, 12:52 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, NZ Gold, BA Gold
Originally Posted by petter2
Oh little one! We shall wait for you to return when you get hit with massive cash advance fees at the end of the month. As they say - If you play with fire, expect to get burnt.
mhrb likes this.
Old May 3, 2020, 6:52 am

Originally Posted by noddie09
Oh little one! We shall wait for you to return when you get hit with massive cash advance fees at the end of the month. As they say - If you play with fire, expect to get burnt.

​​​​​​​Don't the cash advance fees usually get charged at the same time the transaction posts?

Appreciate it might be provider dependent but that has been my experience.
Old May 3, 2020, 9:19 am

Originally Posted by flieduk
Don't the cash advance fees usually get charged at the same time the transaction posts?

Appreciate it might be provider dependent but that has been my experience.
Depends on the underlining card. Lloyds will hit you straight after the transaction while Creation will hit you at the end of the month.

It all become very costly very quickly. Don't forget the rules can change at any time without any notice as well. Many folks got stung with Revolut and ended up paying hundreds in fees when the rules changes without notice.
pazza2000 and mhrb like this.
Old May 3, 2020, 12:56 pm

Duplicate. See below

Last edited by flieduk; May 3, 2020 at 1:05 pm
Old May 3, 2020, 12:57 pm

Depends on the underlining card. Lloyds will hit you straight after the transaction while Creation will hit you at the end of the month.

It all become very costly very quickly. Don't forget the rules can change at any time without any notice as well. Many folks got stung with Revolut and ended up paying hundreds in fees when the rules changes without notice.
I have been out of the game for a few years. Is Creation charging on Revolut top-ups now?

I knew they were charging interest, was not aware that Cash Advance fees were being charged though
noddie09 likes this.
Old May 3, 2020, 1:05 pm

-duplicate. see above.
pazza2000 likes this.
Old May 4, 2020, 6:48 am

MCC codes being changed monthly at the moment! I gave up on it last year. It's easier to find a cheap ex-eu fare than MS points in the UK.
pazza2000, TheUrbanite and mhrb like this.
Old May 4, 2020, 9:24 am

MCC codes being changed monthly at the moment! I gave up on it last year. It's easier to find a cheap ex-eu fare than MS points in the UK.
lol. It's actually not that bad. Haven't got a decent ex-EU fuel dump for ages though.
pazza2000 and noddie09 like this.
Old May 6, 2020, 7:58 am

Have the Curve (1.5%) changes already been implemented? Was just about to settle Virgin (Money) with it, I suspect Amex has been ‘coded’ for this, however I know things with Virgin are always up and down.

^ re. Creation above, in my experience any cash advance interest has been immediate. I think Revolut is the only one to avoid there?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.