Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 15, 2014, 9:20 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Steve Oh
What we know so far, that we are happy to share, and won't get the hump when other people ask us or other people get the hump cos we know something they don't.

3V / Pay.com cards are no more

That is all.
Print Wikipost

Manufactured Spend UK

Search this Thread

Old Aug 31, 2020, 1:15 pm

Programs: Nandos Chillis
Originally Posted by pazza2000
Any more insight on this? From looking at the Skrill maths, it could make sense, however only really with Amex’s, and if they are really not happy about it, then yes maybe wise to stay clear...
I've stopped using it. It has triggered two Amex FRs which I survived. A subsequent attempt at a small transaction resulted in them slamming a very punitive spend limit on my Gold Charge card on the same day.

Skrill also got upset with me and I had to sweet talk my way through the KYC.

Lots of other ways to MS Amex but for the sake of your accounts leave Skrill and Paypal alone is my advice!
Old Aug 31, 2020, 1:20 pm

Originally Posted by TheUrbanite
I've stopped using it. It has triggered two Amex FRs which I survived. A subsequent attempt at a small transaction resulted in them slamming a very punitive spend limit on my Gold Charge card on the same day.

Skrill also got upset with me and I had to sweet talk my way through the KYC.

Lots of other ways to MS Amex but for the sake of your accounts leave Skrill and Paypal alone is my advice!
Noted, thanks! What’s a KYC?
Old Aug 31, 2020, 2:38 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver
Originally Posted by pazza2000
Noted, thanks! What’s a KYC?
know your customer

aka ID verification
Old Aug 31, 2020, 3:04 pm

Originally Posted by britbronco22
know your customer

aka ID verification
Aka a thinly veiled way of financial firms sacking customers they deem to be unprofitable. Have to be very careful what you say to them!
Old Aug 31, 2020, 3:59 pm

Originally Posted by MileS MaeStro
Koto card features free debit and credit card top ups and high limits. Fill your boots, it is in the App Store and Play Store.
...and within a few weeks of publishing on an open forum on FT, CC deposits now banned :facepalm:
Old Aug 31, 2020, 4:03 pm

MileS MaeStro - please can you turn on PMs or contact me somehow?
Old Aug 31, 2020, 4:52 pm

Originally Posted by mhrb
...and within a few weeks of publishing on an open forum on FT, CC deposits now banned :facepalm:
Not surprising really. I only learned about Koto incidentally as someone posted a phone screenshot of their banking apps on the Monzo forum a few months ago and I happened to see it and investigate.

I saw no other public discussion or mention of it on the usual sites until the posts on here and the Head for Points comments. Case in point of how to get a route killed, for the brigade who don't get why people try to discourage open discussion of good routes!
ankomonkey and mhrb like this.
Old Sep 2, 2020, 8:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Not surprising really. I only learned about Koto incidentally as someone posted a phone screenshot of their banking apps on the Monzo forum a few months ago and I happened to see it and investigate.

I saw no other public discussion or mention of it on the usual sites until the posts on here and the Head for Points comments. Case in point of how to get a route killed, for the brigade who don't get why people try to discourage open discussion of good routes!
CC loads are not a profitable line of business, especially when the MS crowd withdraw their money the next day. It doesn't really matter if thousands are doing it (and I'd be really surprised if that many people can be bothered to trawl HfP comments or obscure FT threads to look for MS routes). It's in fact more likely that a couple of you just tried to scale it so big that Koto noticed...
pazza2000 likes this.
Old Sep 13, 2020, 2:43 pm

Originally Posted by craigthemif
CC loads are not a profitable line of business, especially when the MS crowd withdraw their money the next day. It doesn't really matter if thousands are doing it (and I'd be really surprised if that many people can be bothered to trawl HfP comments or obscure FT threads to look for MS routes). It's in fact more likely that a couple of you just tried to scale it so big that Koto noticed...
For me Koto is a no-no - I'm more into routes like Fin.do.
pazza2000 likes this.
Old Sep 15, 2020, 1:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
For me Koto is a no-no - I'm more into routes like Fin.do.
You guys remind me sometimes of American online poker players. It doesn't matter how dodgy it looks, you gotta get your fix... A Lithuanian FX App?
pazza2000 likes this.
Old Sep 21, 2020, 8:25 am

Happy to hear more about Fin.do, and the like, if anybody is happy to privately share their insight
Old Sep 22, 2020, 2:09 pm

Usually when I come across a product I look into it. Check the T&Cs and if it looks like it might be a goer, give it a test run. Best way to find new routes in my opinion!

There are lots of variables that determine if a route will work - which rewards cards you have and what liquidation methods you have to name but two.

Originally Posted by craigthemif
You guys remind me sometimes of American online poker players. It doesn't matter how dodgy it looks, you gotta get your fix... A Lithuanian FX App?
I wouldn't rule out an app because it's based abroad, but then you do have to consider what happens if access to your account gets blocked. Horses for courses!
Old Oct 2, 2020, 6:52 pm

Programs: BAEC
Did anyone else get the email limiting opportunities from the Sovereign Road bunch at the capital?
pazza2000 likes this.
Old Oct 3, 2020, 7:50 am

Is this Monese bringing down top up limits? Severely puts a dent in action. Any alternatives out there?
Old Oct 5, 2020, 2:31 am

What are the current limits? I gave up on Monese when I got stung on a 4% PayPoint top up fee

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.