$1000 every rolling 30 days
$6000 every rolling 12 months

Withdraw limits:
1 free withdrawal per calendar month
Print Wikipost

AmEx Prepaid Campus Edition

Search this Thread

Old Jul 24, 2014, 11:06 pm

Programs: UR, TYP, MR, C1, AA, UA, WN, BA, AS, AV, AC, Choice, Hyatt, IHG, Hilton, Wyndham, Marriott
Originally Posted by payeco
ATM or normal spend is it. This card is basically the exact same as AFT except loads are $0.95 more and withdrawals are $1 less. Well and load limits are different.
Where can I withdraw? Costco, like AFT?
Old Jul 24, 2014, 11:09 pm
Suspended

Programs: Amex Plat, AA Gold, SPG Gold, Hyatt Gold, HHonors Gold, Carlson Gold
Originally Posted by yugi
Where can I withdraw? Costco, like AFT?
Anywhere you can withdraw an AFT. If they work at your Costco then yes.
Old Jul 24, 2014, 11:14 pm

Programs: UR, TYP, MR, C1, AA, UA, WN, BA, AS, AV, AC, Choice, Hyatt, IHG, Hilton, Wyndham, Marriott
Anywhere you can withdraw an AFT. If they work at your Costco then yes.
Costco is cheapest to withdraw, $1.25.
Old Jul 29, 2014, 9:21 pm

does this work at regular B&N store?
Old Jul 29, 2014, 10:55 pm

Programs: DL, AA
Originally Posted by kenshinluo
does this work at regular B&N store?
No, it does not.
Old Jul 29, 2014, 11:14 pm
Suspended

I finally got my cards in the mail and I have to say this is probably Amex's best looking card in my opinion. A simple grey and black patterned front with the metallic finish and without lots of logos and text cluttering it up.
Old Jul 30, 2014, 9:25 am

Programs: AA, TY, UR, UA, US, WN, MR, SPG
I finally got my cards in the mail and I have to say this is probably Amex's best looking card in my opinion. A simple grey and black patterned front with the metallic finish and without lots of logos and text cluttering it up.
Mine shipped yesterday...can't wait to get it. I really want to order one for my wife, but we're in the middle getting her name changed (very recently married), so that's a mess right now.

I got the shipment notification e-mail with a link to verify my e-mail address, but every time I try, I get this error:

We are sorry but we are unable to verify your e-mail address. This may have been caused due to lack of connectivity. Click here to have a new e-mail address verification link sent to your e-mail address on file.
I have tried two browsers, incognito, public, new verification links twice...it's crazy. Anyone else have this?
Old Jul 30, 2014, 9:36 am

Programs: SPG Gold; HH Diamond
Yeah, same problem here. Maybe once the card arrives, there will be a working link of some kind.
Originally Posted by roki
Mine shipped yesterday...can't wait to get it. I really want to order one for my wife, but we're in the middle getting her name changed (very recently married), so that's a mess right now.

I got the shipment notification e-mail with a link to verify my e-mail address, but every time I try, I get this error:

I have tried two browsers, incognito, public, new verification links twice...it's crazy. Anyone else have this?
Old Jul 30, 2014, 9:52 am

Programs: Marriot Rewards, Southwest Rapid rewards, Emerald Club, Avis Preferred
It looks like a knockoff Amex platinum. Still, it's solid.
Old Jul 30, 2014, 10:24 am

Originally Posted by kjgco
Yeah, same problem here. Maybe once the card arrives, there will be a working link of some kind.
Never, ever got the email verification to work for me. You can create the online account once you get the card even though the email verification didn't work. I haven't actually tried to load mine yet though - the campus bookstore is well out of my way and I basically got it because I thought maybe Walmart was about to shut down all prepaids as debits, not just Vanilla and I still want a way to MS my min spends.
Old Jul 30, 2014, 11:24 am

Programs: SW CP, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold
Just read through this thread...I had opened a Citi Forward Student card back in 06 which was then converted to the non-student card. The only thing keeping this card alive was the Citi Identity Monitor service which I just set to auto-pay. Just contacted Citi and confirmed that I earn 5X at restaurants, bookstores, etc. Shame on me for not realizing before, I have been using my CSP for dining for all this time. Talk about a resurrection. Ordered my Campus Edition today.
Old Jul 30, 2014, 12:36 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by ftomasze
Just read through this thread...I had opened a Citi Forward Student card back in 06 which was then converted to the non-student card. The only thing keeping this card alive was the Citi Identity Monitor service which I just set to auto-pay. Just contacted Citi and confirmed that I earn 5X at restaurants, bookstores, etc. Shame on me for not realizing before, I have been using my CSP for dining for all this time. Talk about a resurrection. Ordered my Campus Edition today.
Same here. I got the Forward right after I graduated college because I wanted an introductory no interest CC to buy some furniture and stuff for my new apartment and pay it over over the course of a few months. I had no idea what benefits this card had, it was just the first result I got when I Googled 'zero interest CC'. After I paid everything off a few months later I sock drawered it and pulled it out pretty much once a year to buy a pack of gum to keep it alive. It wasn't until I read this thread that I realized how awesome this card actually is. Got two campus cards so far since the campus bookstore is a half hour away and probably won't make the trip that often. I'll get some more if I decide it's really worth while. I'll hide the Forward and campus cards somewhere in my car and stop in whenever I'm down that way.
Old Jul 30, 2014, 12:48 pm

Programs: SW CP, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold
Same here. I got the Forward right after I graduated college because I wanted an introductory no interest CC to buy some furniture and stuff for my new apartment and pay it over over the course of a few months. I had no idea what benefits this card had, it was just the first result I got when I Googled 'zero interest CC'. After I paid everything off a few months later I sock drawered it and pulled it out pretty much once a year to buy a pack of gum to keep it alive. It wasn't until I read this thread that I realized how awesome this card actually is. Got two campus cards so far since the campus bookstore is a half hour away and probably won't make the trip that often. I'll get some more if I decide it's really worth while. I'll hide the Forward and campus cards somewhere in my car and stop in whenever I'm down that way.
I work for a university

Ps -- I am getting the same error when I click to verify my email.
Old Jul 30, 2014, 12:56 pm

Programs: AA, TY, UR, UA, US, WN, MR, SPG
I'm going to be using two cards (one for me, one for my wife). My campus bookstore is 2 minutes from my house, so I'm wondering if I can double up somehow since it would be so convenient. 3 cards would be 180K points per year for a cost of $505. Add that on to banking, Prestige flight point conversion (until I'm out), and regular Forward spend (dining/amazon), I'd be pulling in north of 250K points a year, or $4,000 in airfare. That would be slick indeed. My wife and I both have Forward cards, with a combined total CL of >$10K, so I doubt $3K/mo would raise any flags, especially over 30 days and over 2 cards.
Old Jul 30, 2014, 1:04 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by ftomasze
I work for a university

Ps -- I am getting the same error when I click to verify my email.
Damn! Lucky you. I'd probably have 10 of these.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.