1 free withdrawal per calendar month
Print Wikipost

AmEx Prepaid Campus Edition

Search this Thread

Old Jul 30, 2014, 1:16 pm
Suspended

Programs: Amex Plat, AA Gold, SPG Gold, Hyatt Gold, HHonors Gold, Carlson Gold
Originally Posted by roki
I'm going to be using two cards (one for me, one for my wife). My campus bookstore is 2 minutes from my house, so I'm wondering if I can double up somehow since it would be so convenient. 3 cards would be 180K points per year for a cost of $505. Add that on to banking, Prestige flight point conversion (until I'm out), and regular Forward spend (dining/amazon), I'd be pulling in north of 250K points a year, or $4,000 in airfare. That would be slick indeed. My wife and I both have Forward cards, with a combined total CL of >$10K, so I doubt $3K/mo would raise any flags, especially over 30 days and over 2 cards.
Nice. Wish I had one so close by. My Forward has a $22k limit they keep increasing, I guess in hopes I'll use it.
Old Jul 30, 2014, 5:22 pm

Programs: UA
You don't have to verify the email. Just wait for the card and activate. I called Amex CSR and they said I didn't have to verify my email.
Old Aug 3, 2014, 8:34 pm

Programs: Some of them not all ...
Can one have a Bluebird and this Amex Campus Edition at the same time?

I thought only Bluebird and Serve were the ones that could not be had together.

Anyone here has both? Bluebird and Campus Ed. or Serve and Campus Ed.?
Old Aug 3, 2014, 9:20 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Jetblue Mosaic (past)
Originally Posted by neophyte
Unfortunately, the info about Open Savings is wrong:
Do we have any word on whether the Amex Open Savings 5% back deal applies in store at B&N? According to the Open Savings website terms it seems pretty clear it is only B&N.com so we'd be SOL then but can anyone confirm either way based on actual read world load experience with an Amex Biz card that has Open Savings? Thx.
Old Aug 3, 2014, 9:22 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Jetblue Mosaic (past)
Originally Posted by carlitos

Given that this seems to be just like the Amex for Target card, I am 99.9% sure that you can have this card and either a Serve or Bluebird card because I have the Amex for Target card and a Serve card, no problem.
Old Aug 4, 2014, 5:43 am

Programs: AAdvantage EXP

Yea, I have both Bluebird and Amex Campus Edition.
Old Aug 4, 2014, 7:07 am

Programs: Some of them not all ...
Originally Posted by lmagnott
Yea, I have both Bluebird and Amex Campus Edition.
Thanks, I am having a little trouble getting the BB. My SSN is new and I happen to work at a University now, so B&N is on one elevator away from me. I am starting with that one, but need BB or Serve. Good thing that I have a history back with a CC in the USA from 2003 and my FICO got all of that history once SSN was issued, getting me interested in MS for sign-up bonuses.

Also, having trouble finding an AMEX for Target here in the sunshine state, will try to do BB + CE to start with.
Old Aug 4, 2014, 10:04 am

Programs: AA, TY, UR, UA, US, WN, MR, SPG
Thanks, I am having a little trouble getting the BB. My SSN is new and I happen to work at a University now, so B&N is on one elevator away from me. I am starting with that one, but need BB or Serve. Good thing that I have a history back with a CC in the USA from 2003 and my FICO got all of that history once SSN was issued, getting me interested in MS for sign-up bonuses.

Also, having trouble finding an AMEX for Target here in the sunshine state, will try to do BB + CE to start with.
There were a few at my Target in Costa Mesa, CA. Not sure if you're NorCal or SoCal, but thought I'd point that out.

I don't actually have an AFT, yet. Not sure how many of these games I want to play, and it seems like a very complicated, scheduled process to make it worthwhile. Gonna try out my new Campus Card tonight, though.
Old Aug 5, 2014, 8:33 pm

AmEx campus edition

I was told by a manager at college bookstore that I could only depost up to $500 every 30 days at the college bookstore. Does anyone know how much I can deposit per day. I was told up to $500 at a time. thanks
Old Aug 5, 2014, 9:04 pm

Programs: DL, AA
Originally Posted by ntjane66
I was told by a manager at college bookstore that I could only depost up to $500 every 30 days at the college bookstore. Does anyone know how much I can deposit per day. I was told up to $500 at a time. thanks
I've loaded $500 to my card every two weeks (with a Citi Forward) and had no problems.
Old Aug 5, 2014, 9:18 pm
Suspended

Well is he saying that's store policy or a limitation of the card? Because if he is implying it's a limitation of the card he is wrong. Why are you speaking to the manager about loading it anyway? Don't speak to management unless you have to...
Old Aug 5, 2014, 10:27 pm

Recently got my card and successfully activated it, but I've twice now received an email saying
"
Action Required! Please verify your e-mail address

Order Number: XXXXX
Hello XXXXX,

This is a reminder to verify your e-mail address. You must complete this step before the American Express® Campus Edition Prepaid Card can be activated and used.

To verify your e-mail, click on:

Verify Your E-mail

If you have any questions, please visit us online or call 1-866-465-4205.

Sincerely,

American Express Customer Care
When I click the link, it says
We are sorry but we are unable to verify your e-mail address. This may have been caused due to lack of connectivity. Click here to have a new e-mail address verification link sent to your e-mail address on file.
I've tried a number of times with the same result.

Have others had this issue? And does it matter? Will the card work fine without doing this verification?
Old Aug 5, 2014, 11:55 pm

limits

Originally Posted by payeco
Well is he saying that's store policy or a limitation of the card? Because if he is implying it's a limitation of the card he is wrong. Why are you speaking to the manager about loading it anyway? Don't speak to management unless you have to...
The two cashiers knew nothing about the card so one took me to the manager.
Yes the manager was implying that it was a limitation of the card. I thanked the manager and left. I figured that once the fall term begins the bookstore should be seeing more of these cards. I am just trying to understand what the daily and monthly limits are for this card.
Old Aug 5, 2014, 11:57 pm
Suspended

The two cashiers knew nothing about the card so one took me to the manager.
Yes the manager was implying that it was a limitation of the card. I thanked the manager and left. I figured that once the fall term begins the bookstore should be seeing more of these cards. I am just trying to understand what the daily and monthly limits are for this card.
The limits are spelled out in the T&C on the Amex website. If you go back and the manager gives you a hard time, print them out and bring them with you.
Old Aug 6, 2014, 12:26 am

Programs: SW CP, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by dublin487
Recently got my card and successfully activated it, but I've twice now received an email saying

When I click the link, it says

I've tried a number of times with the same result.

Have others had this issue? And does it matter? Will the card work fine without doing this verification?
I keep getting the same error. Got my card shipment notification yesterday so it should be here soon. Have you gotten your card?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.