$1000 every rolling 30 days
$6000 every rolling 12 months

Withdraw limits:
1 free withdrawal per calendar month
Print Wikipost

AmEx Prepaid Campus Edition

Search this Thread

Old Jun 2, 2014, 11:09 pm

If you just buy the temporary cards at B&N you can use them just like a regular Amex GC. No need to register them. Just use them, and buy a new one when the balance is spent. You don't need to get the apply for the permanent card.
Old Jun 2, 2014, 11:39 pm
Suspended

Programs: Amex Plat, AA Gold, SPG Gold, Hyatt Gold, HHonors Gold, Carlson Gold
Originally Posted by daedge
If you just buy the temporary cards at B&N you can use them just like a regular Amex GC. No need to register them. Just use them, and buy a new one when the balance is spent. You don't need to get the apply for the permanent card.
I'm looking at this as a quick ATM cash out play. Can that be done without registering? I'm thinking not and I'm betting that is why others are interested in this card too, for the ATM cash out. I've got a Citi Freedom card that's been sock drawered for years so I was thinking about $5k or $6k a month as a reason to pull it out and get some 5X TYP just to cover Amazon purchases or redeem for VGCs. Not interested in using this for anything other than that.
Old Jun 3, 2014, 6:39 am

No, you can't use the temporary card at an ATM. But, you can use it at Amazon or Amazon Payments.
Old Jun 3, 2014, 8:12 am

Programs: Marriot Rewards, Southwest Rapid rewards, Emerald Club, Avis Preferred
It's worth registering.
Old Jul 22, 2014, 12:14 pm

Anyone else have issues getting the signup to work? I've tried four times now and keep getting the same response a little while later:

Dear XXXXX,

Thank you for choosing the American Express Campus Edition Card. Unfortunately, we could not complete your order XXXXX for the following reason:

undefined

If you feel that this was caused in error, please call us toll free at 1-866-465-4205 to speak with a Customer Service Representative 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.

Sincerely,
American Express Customer Service
I've called in several times and the most they can tell me is that they were unable to verify my information, but not specifically what part of it, or what they're checking it against. It's odd, since I have several Amex CCs and a Serve and have used matching addresses to those, but to no avail.

Any ideas?
Old Jul 22, 2014, 1:08 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by dublin487
Anyone else have issues getting the signup to work? I've tried four times now and keep getting the same response a little while later:

I've called in several times and the most they can tell me is that they were unable to verify my information, but not specifically what part of it, or what they're checking it against. It's odd, since I have several Amex CCs and a Serve and have used matching addresses to those, but to no avail.

Any ideas?
No issues here ordering two last night from the Amex website. Got approval emails within 20 minutes or so.
Old Jul 22, 2014, 2:25 pm

Programs: AA, TY, UR, UA, US, WN, MR, SPG
I have the 5x Forward still, and even $400/mo would be 24K points a year with zero fees. Can this be done at any B&N? I have a few campuses near me, but may not be worth it if I have to drive all over creation.
Old Jul 22, 2014, 2:53 pm

Originally Posted by dublin487

Any ideas?
My wife and I recently signed up and got approval e-mails. However, when we clicked the link in the approval e-mails for e-mail verification, it didn't work. Not sure what's going on. Seems like a perfect way to hit 30K on SPG Business Amex with the 5% cashback through OPEN
Old Jul 22, 2014, 3:05 pm

Programs: AA, UA, BA, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by ataturk
My wife and I recently signed up and got approval e-mails. However, when we clicked the link in the approval e-mails for e-mail verification, it didn't work. Not sure what's going on. Seems like a perfect way to hit 30K on SPG Business Amex with the 5% cashback through OPEN
OPEN is for bn.com only (not B&M). Good idea, but I don't think it would work. Please correct me if I'm wrong.
Old Jul 22, 2014, 3:11 pm

Programs: UA, AA, Delta
Originally Posted by payeco
No issues here ordering two last night from the Amex website. Got approval emails within 20 minutes or so.
so you can have two cards at a time? I thought it was only 1 card per person.
Old Jul 22, 2014, 3:13 pm

Programs: UA, AA, Delta
Originally Posted by roki
I have the 5x Forward still, and even $400/mo would be 24K points a year with zero fees. Can this be done at any B&N? I have a few campuses near me, but may not be worth it if I have to drive all over creation.
Zero fees? You forgot the $3.95 fee to load it each time.
Old Jul 22, 2014, 3:15 pm

Programs: AA, UA, BA, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by somdave2005
I always get charged $4.95 for some reason. But it took so long for them to figure out how to do a reload, I just pay the extra $1.
Old Jul 22, 2014, 3:22 pm

Thanks...reading comprehension 101 failure on my part. Still, $3.95 for a $400 load, netting 2K TY points, and a free ATM withdrawal doesn't seem too bad. 2K TY points with the 1.6x multiplier on AA/US is $32/mo or $384/yr, less $47.40 in fees. If I can load at a local B&N, that's a no brainer. X2 for my wife, too.
Old Jul 22, 2014, 3:50 pm
Suspended

so you can have two cards at a time? I thought it was only 1 card per person.
Used a relative's info to sign up.
Old Jul 22, 2014, 3:55 pm

I gather that if a school is listed here, they have a B&N Campus bookstore? I have one literally a block from my house, if so. Might need to go check it out.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.