Programs: Braniff, TWA, Eastern, Midwest, AA Exec, Club Carlson Gold
Amex thinks this is still alive.

https://www.americanexpress.com/us/c...tion/home.html
Old Jun 2, 2014, 8:35 am

thanks.

No B&N Campus stores near me.
Old Jun 2, 2014, 8:39 am

Programs: Braniff, TWA, Eastern, Midwest, AA Exec, Club Carlson Gold
In my case, there's one and only one within a 30-minute drive, and that one's not in a part of town I go to much.
Old Jun 2, 2014, 8:45 am

Originally Posted by MaineCoon
is it still alive?
I suspect that the only reason to get this card is if you have a Citi Forward card with 5x TYP at bookstores. If you still have one, good for you! If you don't, everything I can find says it's discontinued. If anyone has tips on how to get a Citi Forward, please share.

If it's really dead, well, AFT seems to be a better deal for a non-category bonus load.
Old Jun 2, 2014, 9:02 am

Programs: Marriot Rewards, Southwest Rapid rewards, Emerald Club, Avis Preferred
Originally Posted by Tuppins
I suspect that the only reason to get this card is if you have a Citi Forward card with 5x TYP at bookstores. If you still have one, good for you! If you don't, everything I can find says it's discontinued. If anyone has tips on how to get a Citi Forward, please share.

If it's really dead, well, AFT seems to be a better deal for a non-category bonus load.
You'll want to see about the US Bank cash + card as an even better option.
Old Jun 2, 2014, 9:09 am

No, I don't have it.

But every little piece helps in terms of unloading.

Already got my 2 AFT cards. Does it mean I can't get this one?
Old Jun 2, 2014, 9:39 am

I suspect that the only reason to get this card is if you have a Citi Forward card with 5x TYP at bookstores.
Originally Posted by TheDapperDon
You'll want to see about the US Bank cash + card as an even better option.
Also, the Sallie Mae card is good for 5% back on up to $750/month at bookstores.

I use Sallie to diversify away from TY points but the old Citi Forward is effectively even more than 5% if you redeem for flights and have one of the Citi Cards that multiplies the redemption value. Eg Citi Premier makes the Forward a 6.25% card and the Citi Prestige turns it into 8% back when redeemed for American Airlines flights.

Either card I think is a better choice than US Bank since it is capped at $2k/quarter combined across categories and you can find other US Bank categories to max out. (Whereas maxing out Sallie Mae in bookstores doesn't use up your gas or supermarket $250 monthly caps).
Old Jun 2, 2014, 9:50 am

Originally Posted by MaineCoon
Already got my 2 AFT cards. Does it mean I can't get this one?
AFT is completely separate from Campus Edition and doesn't affect your eligibility for a card.
Old Jun 2, 2014, 10:51 am

Programs: Marriot Rewards, Southwest Rapid rewards, Emerald Club, Avis Preferred
Originally Posted by Zooter
Also, the Sallie Mae card is good for 5% back on up to $750/month at bookstores.

I use Sallie to diversify away from TY points but the old Citi Forward is effectively even more than 5% if you redeem for flights and have one of the Citi Cards that multiplies the redemption value. Eg Citi Premier makes the Forward a 6.25% card and the Citi Prestige turns it into 8% back when redeemed for American Airlines flights.

Either card I think is a better choice than US Bank since it is capped at $2k/quarter combined across categories and you can find other US Bank categories to max out. (Whereas maxing out Sallie Mae in bookstores doesn't use up your gas or supermarket $250 monthly caps).

I don't have other categories to max on that card. It works well for me. I mostly use my US bank card for drugstores.
Old Jun 2, 2014, 10:56 am

Originally Posted by Zooter
AFT is completely separate from Campus Edition and doesn't affect your eligibility for a card.
Right. Sorry if my comment was confusing. I was merely saying that AFT has a better fee/limit structure. For example, you can load $1k at a time for $3.
That's all.
Looking into the US Bank+ now. Thanks for the heads up DapperDon. ^^
Old Jun 2, 2014, 5:46 pm

• Cash+
  • Sallie Mae MasterCard
  • B&N

All earn 5% cash back at B&N. AmEx Open Savings is also 5% CB on B&N + whatever your card earns, I wouldn't recommend using an amex card to fund this though. Way to much risk but that could bump it up to 6.5% with the PLUM card.

I'll keep this post updated with any other CCs for bookstores.

The above post contains links to a site I own. I've added in all of the relevant information so nobody needs to click through.
Old Jun 2, 2014, 5:50 pm

I just applied after reading DOC's post. Got denied for an undefined reason. I wonder if it's because I already have an AFT and Bluebird? Oh well, it was only 6k in spend although I do like any easy way to cash out AGC's.
Old Jun 2, 2014, 9:31 pm

Programs: DL, AA
Citi Forward

I did a product change to the Citi Forward in September. I had some basic Citi MC with no category bonus/TY affiliation. Signed up for Amex Campus in February. Points!
Old Jun 2, 2014, 10:40 pm
Suspended

Programs: Amex Plat, AA Gold, SPG Gold, Hyatt Gold, HHonors Gold, Carlson Gold
Can this be loaded at any B&N or just the B&N campus stores? I've got a B&N 5 minutes from me but the closest college with a campus store is almost a half hour away.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.