Search this Thread

Old Jul 22, 2014, 5:59 pm

Programs: UA, AA, Delta
Originally Posted by payeco
Used a relative's info to sign up.
I see, thanks.
Old Jul 22, 2014, 7:27 pm

Originally Posted by dublin487
Anyone else have issues getting the signup to work? I've tried four times now and keep getting the same response a little while later:

I've called in several times and the most they can tell me is that they were unable to verify my information, but not specifically what part of it, or what they're checking it against. It's odd, since I have several Amex CCs and a Serve and have used matching addresses to those, but to no avail.

Any ideas?
Needs to match their verification system exactly. Apt #205 and apartment 205 are different for example. If you pull your credit report (annualcreditreport.com for free) try using the same address listed there.

I can't remember the name of the verification system that all the banks use for deposit accounts, but from memory amex uses the same for their prepaid cards (it's not chexsystems).
Old Jul 22, 2014, 10:13 pm

how do you locate B&N campus stores?
Old Jul 23, 2014, 8:46 am

Programs: AA, UA, BA, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by kenshinluo
how do you locate B&N campus stores?
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=barnes+and+noble+campus
Old Jul 23, 2014, 1:09 pm

Evolve opportunity?

I see in the thread that this card can't be used to load Bluebird (and I'm assuming the same is true with Serve).

Anyone know if it can be used to make Evolve Money payments? Sure would be nice to see an extra 60,000 (or more) TY points a year from now

jm
Old Jul 23, 2014, 1:11 pm

Programs: Marriot Rewards, Southwest Rapid rewards, Emerald Club, Avis Preferred
Originally Posted by josefismael
I see in the thread that this card can't be used to load Bluebird (and I'm assuming the same is true with Serve).

Anyone know if it can be used to make Evolve Money payments? Sure would be nice to see an extra 60,000 (or more) TY points a year from now

jm
Please check the wiki in the Evolve thread.
Old Jul 23, 2014, 2:24 pm

Originally Posted by Doctor of Credit
  • Cash+
  • Sallie Mae MasterCard
  • B&N

All earn 5% cash back at B&N. AmEx Open Savings is also 5% CB on B&N + whatever your card earns, I wouldn't recommend using an amex card to fund this though. Way to much risk but that could bump it up to 6.5% with the PLUM card.

I'll keep this post updated with any other CCs for bookstores.

The above post contains links to a site I own. I've added in all of the relevant information so nobody needs to click through.
Unfortunately, the info about Open Savings is wrong:

BN.com: Payment must be made with a Business Card from American Express OPEN. "Eligible" means purchases made online at BN.com, excluding purchases made in Barnes & Noble stores.
Old Jul 23, 2014, 2:31 pm

Programs: AA, TY, UR, UA, US, WN, MR, SPG
Is there an annual max on this? I read through the T&C and didn't see anything, but I've seen $6K other places.

I just ordered one online, and I have the Citi Forward and a bncampus store a block from my house. If it's $1K/mo, my wife and I could get 10K/mo for $23.80/mo (4x $2 ATM Fees, 4x $3.95 load). Really that simple?
Old Jul 23, 2014, 2:49 pm

thanks for the direction, dapperdon. the wiki in Evolve thread isn't super definitive, but there are a number of posts from someone that seems to work for Evolve, and he mentions that "prepaid debit cards" should work just fine:

Methods of Payment
Evolve Money is for everyone. That's why we happily offer customers the opportunity to pay with cash (through Reloadit, Evolve Pay Bucks, more coming soon), debit cards (including rewards), prepaid debit cards and even those gift cards that are rattling around in a drawer in your kitchen. If you find a debit card with rewards and want to pay your gas bill or mortgage - go for it.

Just applied and got turned down for reason "undefined". Seems like I'm not alone in this, so will be trying again in the future....
jm
Old Jul 23, 2014, 4:34 pm

Originally Posted by josefismael
thanks for the direction, dapperdon. the wiki in Evolve thread isn't super definitive, but there are a number of posts from someone that seems to work for Evolve, and he mentions that "prepaid debit cards" should work just fine:

Methods of Payment
Evolve Money is for everyone. That's why we happily offer customers the opportunity to pay with cash (through Reloadit, Evolve Pay Bucks, more coming soon), debit cards (including rewards), prepaid debit cards and even those gift cards that are rattling around in a drawer in your kitchen. If you find a debit card with rewards and want to pay your gas bill or mortgage - go for it.

Just applied and got turned down for reason "undefined". Seems like I'm not alone in this, so will be trying again in the future....
jm
Amex has never issued a debit card. All their products are either credit cards, or charge cards. Just because it's prepaid, doesn't mean it's debit.
Old Jul 23, 2014, 11:14 pm

Originally Posted by Doctor of Credit
Needs to match their verification system exactly. Apt #205 and apartment 205 are different for example. If you pull your credit report (annualcreditreport.com for free) try using the same address listed there.

I can't remember the name of the verification system that all the banks use for deposit accounts, but from memory amex uses the same for their prepaid cards (it's not chexsystems).
Thanks, this was the magic bullet - my sixth attempt was approved after five denials!

For reference - I was successful only once I matched my address to the address shown on my EXP credit report (which is NOT written in the same format as I use anywhere else, such as Amex CC billing addresses, etc).
Old Jul 24, 2014, 8:53 am

Programs: Marriot Rewards, Southwest Rapid rewards, Emerald Club, Avis Preferred
Originally Posted by ataturk
Amex has never issued a debit card. All their products are either credit cards, or charge cards. Just because it's prepaid, doesn't mean it's debit.
^
Old Jul 24, 2014, 7:39 pm

Any idea whether the card can be loaded at Coop stores (in Boston)? they appear in the B&N college stores list, but nothing inside says B&N...

EDIT: yes.

Last edited by raenye; Jul 25, 2014 at 9:12 pm Reason: Answered my own question.
Old Jul 24, 2014, 7:59 pm

Programs: UR, TYP, MR, C1, AA, UA, WN, BA, AS, AV, AC, Choice, Hyatt, IHG, Hilton, Wyndham, Marriott
How do you unload this card? I ordered one, and have Citi Forward as well.
Old Jul 24, 2014, 8:24 pm
Suspended

Programs: Amex Plat, AA Gold, SPG Gold, Hyatt Gold, HHonors Gold, Carlson Gold
Originally Posted by yugi
How do you unload this card? I ordered one, and have Citi Forward as well.
ATM or normal spend is it. This card is basically the exact same as AFT except loads are $0.95 more and withdrawals are $1 less. Well and load limits are different.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.