$1000 every rolling 30 days
$6000 every rolling 12 months

Withdraw limits:
1 free withdrawal per calendar month
Print Wikipost

AmEx Prepaid Campus Edition

Search this Thread

Old Aug 6, 2014, 9:24 am

Programs: Marriot Rewards, Southwest Rapid rewards, Emerald Club, Avis Preferred
Originally Posted by ZapperO
Given that this seems to be just like the Amex for Target card, I am 99.9% sure that you can have this card and either a Serve or Bluebird card because I have the Amex for Target card and a Serve card, no problem.
I have all of the Amex prepaid cards except for Serve.
Old Aug 6, 2014, 10:08 pm

Originally Posted by ftomasze
I keep getting the same error. Got my card shipment notification yesterday so it should be here soon. Have you gotten your card?
Ya I have the card, and activated it/set up the online account, but haven't actually had a chance to take it for a test drive yet
Old Aug 7, 2014, 9:58 am

AmEx Prepaid Campus Edition

Can this card be used to reload a Serve account at FD? If yes, that would be the cheapest way to drain funds.
Old Aug 7, 2014, 10:01 am

Programs: AA, TY, UR, UA, US, WN, MR, SPG
Originally Posted by Campath
Can this card be used to reload a Serve account at FD? If yes, that would be the cheapest way to drain funds.
This is not a debit card, and it's an AMEX product, so I'd be very wary of trying that, if it would even work.
Old Aug 7, 2014, 11:30 am

Originally Posted by roki
Quote:

This is not a debit card, and it's an AMEX product, so I'd be very wary of trying that, if it would even work.
That's true but other gift cards/prepaid cards do work as long as you have a PIN. I agree with you with being cautious about loading a Serve with another Amex product though. Not to mention I already loaded the Campus card with an Amex CC to begin with.
Old Aug 7, 2014, 11:52 am

That's true but other gift cards/prepaid cards do work as long as you have a PIN. I agree with you with being cautious about loading a Serve with another Amex product though. Not to mention I already loaded the Campus card with an Amex CC to begin with.
Just curious...why would you load it with an AMEX CC? Which AMEX card makes this profitable?
Old Aug 7, 2014, 3:03 pm
Suspended

Programs: Amex Plat, AA Gold, SPG Gold, Hyatt Gold, HHonors Gold, Carlson Gold
I don't understand what is so hard for people to grasp about Amex prepaid cards. Just because they work at an ATM and have a PIN DOES NOT MEAN THEY ARE DEBIT CARDS! FD/WM/etc are debit only for Serve and BB loads/MO/BP etc. I feel like a broken record repeating this over and over and over again.
Old Aug 7, 2014, 3:18 pm

Just curious...why would you load it with an AMEX CC? Which AMEX card makes this profitable?
It was to meet minimum spend on a new card. Anyways, using the Amex SPG would make the transaction profitable.
Old Aug 7, 2014, 3:21 pm

Originally Posted by payeco
I don't understand what is so hard for people to grasp about Amex prepaid cards. Just because they work at an ATM and have a PIN DOES NOT MEAN THEY ARE DEBIT CARDS! FD/WM/etc are debit only for Serve and BB loads/MO/BP etc. I feel like a broken record repeating this over and over and over again.
FD is NOT debit only for Serve loads. I have used One Vanilla GC with PIN several times to load. Most recent time being earlier today. Chill out because I CAN TYPE IN ALL CAPS TOO.
Old Aug 7, 2014, 3:28 pm
Suspended

FD is NOT debit only for Serve loads. I have used One Vanilla GC with PIN several times to load. Most recent time being earlier today. Chill out because I CAN TYPE IN ALL CAPS TOO.
An OV is debit, dude.

Am I being trolled here?
Old Aug 7, 2014, 3:28 pm

Anyways, using the Amex SPG would make the transaction profitable.
Over two months:

$500 load x4 = 2000 points
$3.95x4 = $15.80 in fees
$400 ATM W/D x5 = $12.25 in fees (3x $2 W/D fee, 5x $1.25 ATM Fees (Costco))

$28.05 in fees for 2000 points. I would not consider that profitable. Is my math wrong?
Old Aug 7, 2014, 3:30 pm
Suspended

Over two months:

$3.95x4 = $15.80 in fees

$28.05 in fees for 2000 points. I would not consider that profitable. Is my math wrong?
No, you're not wrong. This guy obviously has no idea what he is doing.
Old Aug 7, 2014, 3:34 pm

Originally Posted by payeco
An OV is debit, dude.

Am I being trolled here?
I am talking about the Vanilla Prepaid Visa card you find at CVS. How is that not a gift card? It even has the words Gift card on the packaging.
Old Aug 7, 2014, 3:38 pm

Over two months:

$3.95x4 = $15.80 in fees

Your calculation only holds true if you cannot find a fee free ATM. Plus there are some businesses that allow you to pay bills using this card but not with a CC.
Old Aug 7, 2014, 3:39 pm
Suspended

I am talking about the Vanilla Prepaid Visa card you find at CVS. How is that not a gift card? It even has the words Gift card on the packaging.
What the hell are you even talking about? Did you even read my original post?

Amex prepaid cards (such as the Campus card) are not debit cards. Just because they have PINs and work at an ATM does not make them debit cards. Therefore, they can not be used to load a Serve card at WM or FD. However, Visa/MC gift cards (such as the Vanilla cards sold at most drug stores) do have PIN enabled debit functionality so they can be used to load Serve. Is that clear enough for you?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.