Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 2, 2013, 1:27 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: ChrisFlyer66
Chase Gift Cards:
GAME OVER

We’re sorry, but we no longer offer Chase Gift Cards.

We will continue to honor current Chase Gift Cards. If you have a Chase Gift Card, you may continue to use it until the funds are depleted or upon card expiration.
If your existing Chase Gift Card has been damaged, lost or stolen, you can redeem the balance or get a replacement Card by calling us at
1-866-466-0079, 7 days a week, 24 hours a day. Use that number if you have questions about your existing Chase Gift Card.

www.chasewebgiftpurchase.com/index.cfm - [No longer working]

https://www.chase.com/online/Checking/gift-card.htm/ [No longer working as of 9/20/13]

$500 max value per card

Can be used as debit
Call # on card to set pin

There are some limitations to using gift cards as opposed to debit cards, but these are functioning very well as debit cards. So please follow the number one rule of manufactured spend: DON"T CALL THE BANKS.
Print Wikipost

Chase Gift Cards [Ending: 9.22.2013]

Search this Thread

Old Sep 1, 2013, 1:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by PaulaSS
I am new to manufactured spend and have been dong lots of reading. Would this work:
1. Purchase Chase gift cards online with my chase Mileage Plus Card.
2. Use the Chase Cards to load my BlueBird account at Walmart
3. Write my rent checks using my BlueBird checks (rent = $1200/month)

Do I have this right, or are there any other suggestions?
yes
Old Sep 1, 2013, 2:45 pm

New guy into the game.

Wanna introduce myself and say thank you to all for a lot of very valuable info posted on this forum and on this thread in particular.
Old Sep 1, 2013, 3:50 pm

Programs: AS, AA Gold, and Hilton
I am new to manufactured spend and have been dong lots of reading. Would this work:

Like flightnurse said it's yes. Also it's probably one of the best uses for a Bluebird check. It looks like you've done your homework. ^
Old Sep 1, 2013, 3:55 pm

Or if you have access to VRs, buy VRs with your CC and load them to BB, while cashing chase gcs for MOs...to get more MS.
Old Sep 1, 2013, 3:59 pm
Original Member

Welcome to flyertalk PaulaSS and Maincoon!

I can remember starting out and being delighted at getting 2 "free" round trip tickets to Alaska. (Grandkids and family live there)
The next step was we had enough for one of us (me) to fly first class. I would share my warm cookie with my husband.
The last step has been we both are "up front" most of the time.

Looking back I can't believe what I did for just a few miles--cutting and mailing "miles" coupons from cereal boxes.

Chase Gift Cards are much easier and for sure more rewarding.

Again Welcome and Good Luck
Old Sep 1, 2013, 4:23 pm

Thanks for the advice and encouragement

Thanks for the advice and encouragement everyone.

I just opened my BlueBird account online and ordered 1 $500 Chase Gift Card as a test. (No fees right now to purchase the card online). So it will be a week or so before I can get started. From what I read in this thread, some people have had problems loading the Chase gift card on to BlueBird. I'll come back and post on my experience.
Old Sep 1, 2013, 4:51 pm
Suspended

You don't have a right because it's not a right, it's a privilege. Abuse it and watch what Chase will do.

Happy loading!
Old Sep 1, 2013, 5:13 pm

Originally Posted by jjmiller69
Like flightnurse said it's yes. Also it's probably one of the best uses for a Bluebird check. It looks like you've done your homework. ^
I've heard bad things about using BB checks...not problem free apparently. I'm trying to stay away from it (actually, there is no use for me for the time being luckily).
Old Sep 1, 2013, 5:37 pm

9-digit PIN?

I tried to load 2 different Chase gift cards to Bluebird through a kiosk today, but after entering my PIN, a screen came up asking for another PIN. This screen had space for 9 digits, and I tried entering the PIN again, but no dice. This is at a kiosk that I have successfully used before.

Has anyone had this happen to them? Has anyone figured out how to get it to work?
Old Sep 1, 2013, 7:47 pm

Programs: DL, WoH
Originally Posted by beltim
I tried to load 2 different Chase gift cards to Bluebird through a kiosk today, but after entering my PIN, a screen came up asking for another PIN. This screen had space for 9 digits, and I tried entering the PIN again, but no dice. This is at a kiosk that I have successfully used before.

Has anyone had this happen to them? Has anyone figured out how to get it to work?
Uh....what? That's new? Did you use the new bluebird button? If you did, don't. Just use the moneycard button.
Old Sep 1, 2013, 7:53 pm
Moderator: Travel Buzz

Maine Coon and Paula SS-- welcome! And congrats to you for reading before posting. You both will do great!
Old Sep 1, 2013, 7:59 pm

Programs: SPG Gold, Hyatt Platinum, HHonors Gold
Loading at MoneyCenter

WM ATM was down, went to counter. Woman asked what type of payment, replied debit, she asked to see the card. Said she couldn't do it. Her words: "Can't load a gift card with a debit card". Obviously she was confused and was either making up her own rules or flustered by the situation. I asked if she could try anyway, and she responded with some more gibberish including: "they put the kaibash on it." I could tell I wasn't going to get anywhere, so I went on my merry way. Next time I'll either wait for the ATM or only ask to load $500 at a time, because I know their registers still allow it to go through.
Old Sep 1, 2013, 8:51 pm

Originally Posted by ricohitman
Uh....what? That's new? Did you use the new bluebird button? If you did, don't. Just use the moneycard button.
I tried both the bluebird button and moneycard button, but the result was the same. Actually, I did each twice, and the same thing happened every time.
Old Sep 1, 2013, 9:13 pm

Programs: UA Gold/0.744MM, WN AL, Hyatt Diamond, MR Scum, Hertz PC, National Exec, Avis PC
Originally Posted by beltim
I tried both the bluebird button and moneycard button, but the result was the same. Actually, I did each twice, and the same thing happened every time.
Any possibility it was asking for a manager's PIN because too much money had been loaded in the last 15 minutes? On the old SW it just completely locked out the kiosk, but maybe on the new SW it behaves differently if you violate the "velocity" rules?
Old Sep 1, 2013, 9:19 pm

Originally Posted by jasonvr
Any possibility it was asking for a manager's PIN because too much money had been loaded in the last 15 minutes? On the old SW it just completely locked out the kiosk, but maybe on the new SW it behaves differently if you violate the "velocity" rules?
I have no evidence that this isn't true, but I also have no idea how I would know it. I can say I tried again more than 15 minutes after the first time, so if this is the explanation someone beat me to the loading twice.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.