Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Malaysia Golden Lounge KLIA

Search this Thread

Old Oct 13, 2017, 3:06 am

Programs: BA Silver
Great improvement

Well done Malaysia Airlines. Just visited the new lounge. Excellent. Great food. Pasta station is a must try... Great bar and the staff seem to have stepped up to assist the customers. Liking it! And also, the Tiger Beer is ice chilled in the coolers!
Old Oct 13, 2017, 4:40 am

First class (but really OWE) 'section' is a set of 4 rows of seats kept for just F passengers. Not a permanent thing after all, and it's nothing special.

Bar is for anyone, is where the old reading / quiet room used to be.

Lounge food... I didn't try the pasta / laksa bar or fresh sandwiches. The readymade food was nothing special, and the local food was very bland: 'mini murthabak', curry puff / pau / dumplings /etc. (Why is good roti canai so hard?). Still, I guess it's better than the old Satellite building Lounge used to have? The layer chocolate cake was good tho!

Nice, open design vs the previous separated sections, and they opened up previously unused spaces like the reading room and got rid of the spa. Though, open designs do carry noise, soclarter of plates/cutlery is very evident.

Didn't check the showers, maybe on the way back.

Didn't try the bar, but definitely looks well designed. The barman also looked like he was eager to help.

Overall, not bad, but I hate to say, maybe the Plaza Premium First lounge might be a tad bit better...

Last edited by crackjack; Oct 14, 2017 at 3:14 am
Old Oct 13, 2017, 4:53 am

Programs: Honors Diamond, Bonvoy Gold, Accor Gold, OW Emerald, SIXT Diamond
Originally Posted by crackjack
Boarding time is normally given with a buffer, on top of what actual boarding time ends being, so everyone doesn't turn up at the gate 30minutes before. 1hr seems fairly standard, even when actual boarding starts 30mins before departure?

Looks like MH would be standardising this across both international and domestic?
MH actually boards pretty close to the departure time for domestics flights. What I find absurd is the way it's communicated on the boarding pass ... what's the point of closing the check-in counter 1 hour before departure (stated on BP) if the boarding time is exactly when the counter closes ?? (also stated on BP).

had a MH flight today, boarding time was 5 minutes before departure as the norm. However I had arrived the airport 45 minutes earlier than I usually would have because of the new BP boarding time.

AK on the contrary states a boarding time (30 minutes before departure), and a denied boarding time in smaller print (20 minutes before).

Originally Posted by KLJamie
Well done Malaysia Airlines. Just visited the new lounge. Excellent. Great food. Pasta station is a must try... Great bar and the staff seem to have stepped up to assist the customers. Liking it! And also, the Tiger Beer is ice chilled in the coolers!
is some alcohol self serve now ? Or is everything still passed through the bar tender ?

also thanks to TGFlyergirl for the pics and everyone who's posted updates. Just went through domestic KLIA earlier and the Domestic lounge is still closed.
TGflyergirl likes this.
Old Oct 13, 2017, 7:53 am
Suspended

Programs: HHonors Diamond, AA EXP
At the lounge now its pretty small for an evening crowd, and the Platinum section is only for Enrich Emeralds and pax on First Class. Better than previous but still needs a lot of work!
Old Oct 13, 2017, 8:43 am

Programs: HH Diamond, BA Gold, Marriott Platinum Premier, IHG Gold, Phyllis Court Junior Member
It looks like I'll have a 5 hr transit through KUL on the way to ICN on Nov 8th. Am I correct in thinking there won't be any extra facilities for me as a non-Enrich OWE? Or is this Platinum section open to BA Golds as well?
Old Oct 13, 2017, 1:22 pm
R2

I visited the lounge today. The Plat section is just 14 seats which are identical to the ones on the other side of the sign. There is nothing special about it at all; it's just reserved space for Platinums. Just look at the sign, the whole thing looks like an afterthought.

I also noticed the staff were very effective clearing tables and asking if everything was fine etc. There was a manager (someone from HQ?) with visitors, possibly media as she was showing them around and they were taking photos.

I didn't see self-service alcohol, ice-cold Tiger was great...however IMO it would be more of a real bar if it had draft beer available.

I didn't try the pasta or the laksa station. Buffet food and panini style sandwiches were nothing special.
Old Oct 13, 2017, 2:33 pm

Programs: AC, MH, BA, AF-KL
Originally Posted by R2
I visited the lounge today. The Plat section is just 14 seats which are identical to the ones on the other side of the sign. There is nothing special about it at all; it's just reserved space for Platinums. Just look at the sign, the whole thing looks like an afterthought.
It was never meant to be a luxurious F/OWE section, just a temporary arrangement while the Satellite lounge (both F and J sides) is being refurbished.
Old Oct 13, 2017, 7:45 pm

Programs: QR Gold, ITA Club Executive, Hilton Gold, GHA Titanium, Taj Gold, Accor Gold, Marriott Gold Elite
Originally Posted by templar42
It looks like I'll have a 5 hr transit through KUL on the way to ICN on Nov 8th. Am I correct in thinking there won't be any extra facilities for me as a non-Enrich OWE? Or is this Platinum section open to BA Golds as well?
Platinum/first class section should be accessible to OWE members as well. But as being reported, there isn't much of a difference in this regional lounge.
Old Oct 14, 2017, 6:11 pm

Programs: Frantic Hilton/Marriott runs
is the new lounge worth a train ride out to the main terminal or shall I stay at the Satelite and slum at the CX lounge? I have a 2 hours transit end of this month
Old Oct 15, 2017, 2:02 am

Programs: HH Diamond, BA Gold, Marriott Platinum Premier, IHG Gold, Phyllis Court Junior Member
Originally Posted by lifeonthego_k
Platinum/first class section should be accessible to OWE members as well. But as being reported, there isn't much of a difference in this regional lounge.
Many thanks. Guess I don't have much to look forward to for my transit!
Old Oct 15, 2017, 5:10 pm
Suspended

Programs: HHonors Diamond, AA EXP
Originally Posted by lifeonthego_k
It is only accessible to Enrich Platinum members, the lounge is ok, but the food is shockingly bad.
Old Oct 15, 2017, 5:35 pm
Suspended

Used the regional lounge yesterday evening. Was not impressed. I don't see a great difference from the previous regional lounge which, in my opinion, was fine and did not need any renovations.

When you want to run a business, you have to hire professionals who will take you to the next level. The people running the golden lounge are not taking this to the next level simply because they can't get to that level, don't know what the next level is or are out of touch with what is happening around them with other airlines.

Food is as usual not impressive. As someone pointed out correctly, why can't they serve draft beer instead of bottled beer.

It's little things like this that make a difference.
Old Oct 16, 2017, 2:48 am

Originally Posted by LA757
Used the regional lounge yesterday evening. Was not impressed. I don't see a great difference from the previous regional lounge which, in my opinion, was fine and did not need any renovations.

When you want to run a business, you have to hire professionals who will take you to the next level. The people running the golden lounge are not taking this to the next level simply because they can't get to that level, don't know what the next level is or are out of touch with what is happening around them with other airlines.

Food is as usual not impressive. As someone pointed out correctly, why can't they serve draft beer instead of bottled beer.

It's little things like this that make a difference.
People were barking out their orders over the exposed uncovered fruits display at the noodle / pasta section .... that's not hygienic at all

Glad it's renovated but it really was a big let down .
The bathrooms invld showers - tiny bathroom with normal doors - why not have an open access with walls defining entry like the SQ lounge in Sin
LA757 likes this.

Last edited by bearbrick; Oct 16, 2017 at 8:24 am
Old Oct 16, 2017, 3:00 am

Programs: NZ Elite; QF Platinum; CZ Gold; MU Platinum; Marriott Titanium; Accor Platinum
I flew Malaysian in J for the first time last week from Shanghai to Melbouren connecting in KL. The plane from Shanghai was hopeless (a very old 737 with terrible seats) and it was very difficult to sleep. I was looking forward to a shower...
After getting lost and confused in the satellite terminal where the signage was very confusing with the temporary lounge, I ended up at a place called the CIP lounge which has hideous. On being advised there were showers in the Regional Lounge I went there, and there seemed to be only one shower, which was accessible from the main toilet area (where the urinals are) which i found odd.
It was also filthy, with a visibly dirty floormat and black hairs in the shower. I pointed this out and a guy mopped a dirty mop over it, not hygienic at all.

I guess my expectations in a home base were higher of the lounge for an Asian airline.

Unitl reading this forum after i got home I had no idea it was a new lounge, it didnt seem new. Food was decidedly average I thought. As a OWE I was shown to the partitioned off first class area, but as other have pointed out was nothing special.

Staff were very keen to please though and friendly, but still a poor experience i thought.

For a hub airport, sufficient and clean showers are a must IMO
Old Oct 16, 2017, 7:00 am

The old satellite lounge showers were equally awful.

I just head to the Sama Sama hotel instead - their shared showers are spotless and reasonably priced- around 10 USD if I remember correctly

Alternatively the PP lounge has them but it's always super busy in there with a long wait so I've never actually used them!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.