FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Malaysia Golden Lounge KLIA
View Single Post
Old Oct 13, 2017, 4:53 am
wantan

Programs: Honors Diamond, Bonvoy Gold, Accor Gold, OW Emerald, SIXT Diamond
Originally Posted by crackjack
Boarding time is normally given with a buffer, on top of what actual boarding time ends being, so everyone doesn't turn up at the gate 30minutes before. 1hr seems fairly standard, even when actual boarding starts 30mins before departure?

Looks like MH would be standardising this across both international and domestic?
MH actually boards pretty close to the departure time for domestics flights. What I find absurd is the way it's communicated on the boarding pass ... what's the point of closing the check-in counter 1 hour before departure (stated on BP) if the boarding time is exactly when the counter closes ?? (also stated on BP).

had a MH flight today, boarding time was 5 minutes before departure as the norm. However I had arrived the airport 45 minutes earlier than I usually would have because of the new BP boarding time.

AK on the contrary states a boarding time (30 minutes before departure), and a denied boarding time in smaller print (20 minutes before).

Originally Posted by KLJamie
Well done Malaysia Airlines. Just visited the new lounge. Excellent. Great food. Pasta station is a must try... Great bar and the staff seem to have stepped up to assist the customers. Liking it! And also, the Tiger Beer is ice chilled in the coolers!
is some alcohol self serve now ? Or is everything still passed through the bar tender ?

also thanks to TGFlyergirl for the pics and everyone who's posted updates. Just went through domestic KLIA earlier and the Domestic lounge is still closed.