Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Luxury Hotels and Travel
Reload this Page >

Live @ Six Senses Zil Pasyon. (Seychelles islands)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Live @ Six Senses Zil Pasyon. (Seychelles islands)

Search this Thread

Old Jul 7, 2017, 5:20 am

Programs: Amex Plat, AA Exec, CITI Prestige, Hilton Gold, Marriot Gold and all ever changing
I will boycott all SS establishments going forward. I will spread this to my friends. This is unacceptable as the resort acted like a back alley establishment.

Any idea where this "GM" was reassigned to?
Old Jul 7, 2017, 11:16 am
Original Poster

Well, Six Senses corporate called me and they informed me that the hotel thought I lived in Europe, not United States. That was there defense for the 3 night voucher idea. Anyway, they offered 1 day refund + 4 night voucher for a return - so that makes sense (as I can keep the review up).
Old Jul 7, 2017, 2:58 pm

Originally Posted by surftb15
Well, Six Senses corporate called me and they informed me that the hotel thought I lived in Europe, not United States. That was there defense for the 3 night voucher idea. Anyway, they offered 1 day refund + 4 night voucher for a return - so that makes sense (as I can keep the review up).
Wow, respect, great deal!
Old Jul 7, 2017, 4:58 pm
Aman 10+ BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Programs: TPPS, UA, EK ...; Marriott BONVOY , HH, GP, GC..
Originally Posted by Omnis Si Mulier
Wow, respect, great deal!
Well , doubt how great the deal is , possibly if only at SS of one ' s choice !
Not where the GM was moved to ( you must be kidding if one is expected to go where he is ) & not Seychelles for sure .

Perhaps SS in Bhutan when it opens .
At least Mark S , ex Aman ^ , is there and we trust him
Pity he is with SS as he was one of the best Aman GMs too
Old Jul 7, 2017, 6:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

That's a much better deal. Now justice for Omnis!
Old Jul 8, 2017, 1:56 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Aventine
That's a much better deal. Now justice for Omnis!

So ...throughout this whole process, I found out some interesting facts.

Under seychelles law, Six Senses had to hire 30% local workers. These local workers CANNOT be fired for any reason. Hence, the recent negative reviews on TA stem from lack of performance standards AKA lazy!

Anyway, back to Omnis case...I was sent, via PM, the conversation b/w herself, her travel firm, and the GM. its very scary! I know shes reluctant to go public with that info BUT that would really swing momentum in her favor, IMO.
Old Jul 8, 2017, 3:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Under seychelles law, Six Senses had to hire 30% local workers. These local workers CANNOT be fired for any reason. Hence, the recent negative reviews on TA stem from lack of performance standards AKA lazy!

Anyway, back to Omnis case...I was sent, via PM, the conversation b/w herself, her travel firm, and the GM. its very scary! I know shes reluctant to go public with that info BUT that would really swing momentum in her favor, IMO.
Then the service standards are going to be stuck at lazy forever lol.
Old Jul 8, 2017, 2:15 pm

this is actually a nice way to do a sustainable business, they just have to think twice and make it indolence-proof in many ways

Here is the conversation https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B7h...ew?usp=sharing

It is forty minute long and it contains uncomfortable details about the rape.
But the most scary part is that it is the second interrogation by the hotel management, before we called the police. The first one was at night. I started this conversation with no idea they can be acting against me, I was still in deep shock. Thank goodness my PR agent assisting the press tour was already suspicious of them playing unfair game. I am not sure if anybody is going to listen to this, but I am determined to facilitate the fair trial so perhaps it also helps. I must admit I got ZERO support and zero empathy - this is the most scary.

Last edited by Omnis Si Mulier; Jul 8, 2017 at 3:19 pm
Old Jul 9, 2017, 7:39 am

Programs: BA GGL CCR

Is that right - I thought the way it worked was that the tourism industry and financial services had a quota on the maximum number of expats that they could employ ( I think the current figure is 45% )? Also the Employment Act of 1995 does provide for termination with cause of a local employee - are you saying that Six Senses got A Government dispensation from the relevant sections?
Old Jul 10, 2017, 8:31 am

For those who listened to the conversation above, could you please give me a feedback, because the silence is quite frustrating. Do you have any questions, any recommendation?

I also want to share my very mixed feelings re Six senses hotels resorts and spas and I hate that I have to put them in court of public opinion - I was on Zil Pasyon on a press trip writing about their residence villas, spent beautiful days there, learned a lot about the history of Six Senses, I respected the approach and legacy of Sonu Shivdasani they are trying to keep and follow. I still feel ambivalent about how attractive and beautiful concept of high-class hospitality turned out to be cruel and merciless mechanism, which I still hardly believe.

I want very specific people (besides the man who raped me) I am furious with -- management of Six Senses Zil Pasyon to take the responsibility for the events. The way they treated me from the moment I reported what had happened, the way they use all their power and advantage of being on a separate island - all of these are unacceptable, and I will fight for fair trial and investigation.

As tcmb99 wrote
Originally Posted by tcmb99
Not because of what happened, because there are evil people everywhere and this could have happened in another resort, but because of how they handled things in the aftermath.

The only reason I go public is that I never ever received support and apology from Six Senses, I never received answers on my direct questions about the absent security staff, about management actions towards me, about them not calling the police and the doctor, about CCTV footage, about other evidences. And this can not be explained by the ongoing investigation, they must have done their own internal investigation and they had enough time for this, it turned out to be a bug in a system, that must be fixed and that I can not fight alone.

I've just read about cover up in wikipedia, they are dong everything by the book https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cover-up .

The dates of the hearings are 27-29 of December.
Old Jul 10, 2017, 8:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

current owner of SS corporate bought from Sonu in 2012, unfortunate if negative changes at corporate level

137677, perhaps regulatory environment changed since FS opened

Last edited by Kagehitokiri; Jul 10, 2017 at 10:27 am
Old Jul 10, 2017, 8:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

For those who listened to the conversation above, could you please give me a feedback, because the silence is quite frustrating. Do you have any questions, any recommendation?

I also want to share my very mixed feelings re Six senses hotels resorts and spas and I hate that I have to put them in court of public opinion - I was on Zil Pasyon on a press trip writing about their residence villas, spent beautiful days there, learned a lot about the history of Six Senses, I respected the approach and legacy of Sonu Shivdasani they are trying to keep and follow. I still feel ambivalent about how attractive and beautiful concept of high-class hospitality turned out to be cruel and merciless mechanism, which I still hardly believe.

I want very specific people (besides the man who raped me) I am furious with -- management of Six Senses Zil Pasyon to take the responsibility for the events. The way they treated me from the moment I reported what had happened, the way they use all their power and advantage of being on a separate island - all of these are unacceptable, and I will fight for fair trial and investigation.

As tcmb99 wrote

The only reason I go public is that I never ever received support and apology from Six Senses, I never received answers on my direct questions about the absent security staff, about management actions towards me, about them not calling the police and the doctor, about CCTV footage, about other evidences. And this can not be explained by the ongoing investigation, they must have done their own internal investigation and they had enough time for this, it turned out to be a bug in a system, that must be fixed and that I can not fight alone.

I've just read about cover up in wikipedia, they are dong everything by the book https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cover-up .

The dates of the hearings are 27-29 of December.
What did the Russian consulate or embassy say? Can you take them to court in your country?
Old Jul 10, 2017, 9:04 am

Originally Posted by Aventine
What did the Russian consulate or embassy say? Can you take them to court in your country?
http://true-news.info/the-russian-em...he-seychelles/

They are supporting me, of course, but they don't have authority to interfere with the police investigation and the local authorities.

The rape case is in the Seychelles Supreme Court already, and my first and foremost concern is the fair investigation and trial there. I am represented by the office of the Attorney General.
http://www.seychellesnewsagency.com/...l+assault+case

And I don't think a Russian lawyer can work/help there.

Last edited by Omnis Si Mulier; Jul 10, 2017 at 9:15 am
Old Jul 10, 2017, 10:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeSPG 5+ Badge

Programs: Some
Sorry, but Iīm not really able to hear it. Rape is something so disgusting that I had to stop. All my sympathy. I discussed it with my GF and it ended in a bluster what I would do with someone who cross my way and tries to rape a woman.

I donīt wonna speak about the incident in general as Iīm not capable to do so. What confuse me are 2 things.

First the reaction of SS at this forum is inacceptable. Itīs one Thing to answer with a standard text. It may be inpersonal but regarding the fact that also damage claims under civil law against SS may be raised one day justifiable. What I canīt accept is that they wrote 2 and 3 times the same answer. That let me think they think Iīm stupid whatīs not good for potential business partners (yes, as a guest I do business with them!).

Second Iīm very confused about the obvious (so far I heared the text) fact that members of staff of a resort (business operation without any sovereign rights) did some Kind of criminal Investigation. It seems as someone didnīt understand their part and competences. While a captain on a boat has some competences under maritime law a GM has surely not. They may be allowed to capture someone until the police arrives but thatīs another cup of tea. Of course they have immediate to call the police if a serious crime is reported. No matter if they think the police officer in charge is qualified or not. Itīs only the decision of the competent authorities to decide if their are further investigations and who carries them out.
Old Jul 10, 2017, 10:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by offerendum
They may be allowed to capture someone until the police arrives but thatīs another cup of tea. Of course they have immediate to call the police if a serious crime is reported. No matter if they think the police officer in charge is qualified or not. Itīs only the decision of the competent authorities to decide if their are further investigations and who carries them out.
curious if there are ever policies of not calling law enforcement when guests requests it, not necessarily talking about this case, but just hotels/etc in general, and if it varies, whether it is something that varies mainly by country/region of hotel

this is not just in terms of serious crime, or even any crime in terms of what is defined as a crime or not by the location, but rather connecting guests with law enforcement, and passing any related things on to guests after that

the only thing i might imagine is if a hotel warns guest beforehand about guest themself being possibly charged criminally/financially, not because hotel claims/files, but because of how law enforcement works in that location

hotels have their own separate investigations, both internally and externally, again separate from crimes, and it does not look good for OPs experience in the middle of the night, 2 months after the incident in question, and most of how SS responded to OP. we dont know everyone who was spoken to, nor who the SS (or external PR) person posting (possibly some kind of 'official statement/comment') is, etc.

Last edited by Kagehitokiri; Jul 10, 2017 at 10:40 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.