Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Luxury Hotels and Travel
Reload this Page >

Live @ Six Senses Zil Pasyon. (Seychelles islands)

Live @ Six Senses Zil Pasyon. (Seychelles islands)

Old Jul 26, 2017, 8:55 am

Originally Posted by vienna-resident
I just had a look at the Tripadvisor site of the resort, and noted some interesting recent reviews, in several languages and all very glowing. This to me already seemed a bit iffy... but most interesting and revealing is the one by 'Amal A' in French titled "Fantastique" which ends with the 3 magical English words "Hope it helps"....

Connect the dots...

Very interesting!

This user also reviewed Four Seasons the next day https://www.tripadvisor.com/members/15amala

A bit strange, but possible they stayed in two hotels.

Last edited by RichardInSF; Jul 27, 2017 at 1:50 pm Reason: Quote edited to conform with FT rules
Old Jul 26, 2017, 9:07 am
Aman Contributor BadgeBanyan Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by Omnis Si Mulier
Very interesting!

This user also reviewed Four Seasons the next day https://www.tripadvisor.com/members/15amala

A bit strange, but possible they stayed in two hotels.
There's nothing strange about this. People often resort-hop in the Seychelles. And this reviewer on TA has a number of other reviews under his or her name, so I don't think this is a false account that the resort made up just to pad its reviews.

What I do think is happening is that the resort is actively pursuing positive reviews on TA from those guests who have had a positive stay.

One can argue whether such a practice is ethical or not, but lots, lots, lots of properties do this exact same thing.

Last edited by xracer; Jul 26, 2017 at 9:17 am
Old Jul 26, 2017, 1:02 pm

Originally Posted by xracer
There's nothing strange about this. People often resort-hop in the Seychelles. And this reviewer on TA has a number of other reviews under his or her name, so I don't think this is a false account that the resort made up just to pad its reviews.

What I do think is happening is that the resort is actively pursuing positive reviews on TA from those guests who have had a positive stay.

One can argue whether such a practice is ethical or not, but lots, lots, lots of properties do this exact same thing.

Probably you are right ...

... but

I don't believe them in general because their communication with me is very controversial, and TA never published my review.
Old Jul 26, 2017, 5:07 pm

Programs: No program whatsoever
Probably you are right ...

... but

I don't believe them in general because their communication with me is very controversial, and TA never published my review.
Why don't you submit a new one, taking extra care not to break their TOS?
If you craft it carefully so as to remain within their guidelines, they will not be able to use the excuse that it violates rules and they will have a hard time rejecting it.
Old Jul 26, 2017, 5:35 pm

Originally Posted by 0bsidian
Why don't you submit a new one, taking extra care not to break their TOS?
If you craft it carefully so as to remain within their guidelines, they will not be able to use the excuse that it violates rules and they will have a hard time rejecting it.
Will try to reformulate my review, thank you.
I can't edit and remove it now, because it is pending, requested removing it, will see what can I do.

Last edited by Omnis Si Mulier; Jul 26, 2017 at 6:05 pm
Old Jul 27, 2017, 5:02 am
formerly vienna-resident
Marriott Contributor Badge

Possible, but the key is the "hope it helps". While many hotels actively solicit feedback on TA, they would not do so with the argument that they needed help in light of the recent mediocre reviews.

To me, this was written by a friend or somebody within the professional network of a staff member. They were smart enough to ask somebody with a history on TA who has some previous reviews.
Old Jul 27, 2017, 7:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeSPG 5+ Badge

Programs: Some
There's nothing strange about this. People often resort-hop in the Seychelles.
Indeed! I stayed at Banyan Tree, Raffles and Four Seasons. So staying at an island and a resort at the main island is absolutely plausible for me. If you for excample leave with a flight at 7 in the morning staying at Praslin or La Digue is at least difficult. SS offers private transfers but they are pricy and they normally only operate after sunrise, but I believe they do before with a surcharge.
Old Jul 27, 2017, 7:41 am
Aman Contributor BadgeBanyan Contributor Badge

Possible, but the key is the "hope it helps". While many hotels actively solicit feedback on TA, they would not do so with the argument that they needed help in light of the recent mediocre reviews.

To me, this was written by a friend or somebody within the professional network of a staff member. They were smart enough to ask somebody with a history on TA who has some previous reviews.
It's possible. but it's also possible that they just approached someone who clearly had a good time and indicated that they were a new resort and could use the positive feedback on TA. As someone who often likes to visit resorts when they are new(ish), I have been asked to do this (with this exact reasoning) a couple of times.
Old Jul 27, 2017, 4:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
SPG 5+ BadgeFour Seasons 5+ Badge

It's possible. but it's also possible that they just approached someone who clearly had a good time and indicated that they were a new resort and could use the positive feedback on TA. As someone who often likes to visit resorts when they are new(ish), I have been asked to do this (with this exact reasoning) a couple of times.
Perhaps it has another meaning in the way "I hope it helps potential guests". Don't forget tripadvisor begs with emails like "help other travelers" for reviews or you canbeate reviews as helpful.
Old Jul 27, 2017, 4:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

ps I doubt someone professional would be so stupid to write a sentence like this in a meaning it's understood by many here. Not impossible but unlikely in my eyes.
Old Jul 28, 2017, 5:29 am
formerly vienna-resident
Marriott Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by offerendum
ps I doubt someone professional would be so stupid to write a sentence like this in a meaning it's understood by many here. Not impossible but unlikely in my eyes.
No, of course not - I see it as a copy/paste error, i.e. write a review in French and e-mail it to the management ("hope it helps"), then copy/paste from the e-mail to TA, forgetting to delete the English comment. That was my interpretation anyway when I saw it.
Old Jul 28, 2017, 7:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

No, of course not - I see it as a copy/paste error, i.e. write a review in French and e-mail it to the management ("hope it helps"), then copy/paste from the e-mail to TA, forgetting to delete the English comment. That was my interpretation anyway when I saw it.
Ah yes, you are right! This is absolutely plausible
Old Jul 28, 2017, 8:07 am
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

That's exactly how I thought it happened.
Old Jul 28, 2017, 10:10 am

Originally Posted by Aventine
That's exactly how I thought it happened.
I was surprised how this review triggered my mixed feelings about this situation - I want to be as much relaxed and positive as I can to heal myself from what was happened, but still have to be suspicious about everything SS do and to stay alert because this hasn't finished yet.

Last edited by Omnis Si Mulier; Jul 28, 2017 at 12:00 pm
Old Jul 28, 2017, 2:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I was surprised how this review triggered my mixed feelings about this situation - I want to be as much relaxed and positive as I can to heal myself from what was happened, but still have to be suspicious about everything SS do and to stay alert because this hasn't finished yet.
Understandable! Wish you at least this situation is over soon, something will slways remain

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.