Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Luxury Hotels and Travel
Reload this Page >

Live @ Six Senses Zil Pasyon. (Seychelles islands)

Live @ Six Senses Zil Pasyon. (Seychelles islands)

Old Mar 14, 2018, 5:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by Omnis Si Mulier
I was there Seychelles Supreme Court hears case of alleged sexual assault against Russian tourist - Seychelles News Agency
It was hard and they also postponed hearings till May, making it harder
Will update
Sounds like this kangaroo court is just stalling for time.
Omnis Si Mulier likes this.
Old Mar 19, 2018, 9:23 am

https://www.thedailybeast.com/a-rape...the-seychelles

Here is a great article with some updates from the Seychelles
Old Mar 19, 2018, 9:32 am
Original Poster

https://www.thedailybeast.com/a-rape...the-seychelles

Here is a great article with some updates from the Seychelles
Wow... That is a very tough read.
Old Mar 19, 2018, 9:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeSPG 5+ Badge

Programs: Some
Originally Posted by surftb15
Wow... That is a very tough read.
Indeed! Read it completely
Old Mar 19, 2018, 10:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I hope she gets it too (justice).

I'll never forget what Zil Pasyon did and didn't do in this case.
Old Mar 19, 2018, 11:00 am
Community Director Emerita

I salute you for seeing that justice is done - though I fear on reading that article that justice might not prevail. I hope it does. It is such a shame because if the owners would have dealt with it at the time, another woman might not have been harmed. I assume you have to pay for your own expenses to return to the Seychelles? I admire your tenacity in pursuing this. And now your name is in public which you had hoped to avoid. I hope that the article is picked up by the broader media. It remains shocking to me about how little a luxury hotel is concerned about protecting the safety of its guests.
Old Mar 19, 2018, 11:07 am

Originally Posted by SanDiego1K
I salute you for seeing that justice is done - though I fear on reading that article that justice might not prevail. I hope it does. It is such a shame because if the owners would have dealt with it at the time, another woman might not have been harmed. I assume you have to pay for your own expenses to return to the Seychelles?
Yes, I did.
I admire your tenacity in pursuing this. And now your name is in public which you had hoped to avoid. I hope that the article is picked up by the broader media. It remains shocking to me about how little a luxury hotel is concerned about protecting the safety of its guests.
It is a great work of Dana Kennedy, and I decided to make my name public with all this support
obscure2k, surftb15 and ridefar like this.
Old Mar 22, 2018, 12:27 pm

They answered and they shamelessly lying in almost every statement

Following media speculation over an incident involving a guest and former employee that occurred May 4, 2017 at our Seychelles resort, we would like to set the record straight concerning a number of erroneous statements and inaccurate characterizations repeated in the press and social media.

Management at the resort did look after Ms. Karabash, the complainant, with compassion after the incident was reported and up until she left the resort. The resort team took her report, relocated her to alternative guest accommodations despite her stating she was alright to remain in the same villa. A visit to the resort’s registered nurse was organized and the team respected her wish not to call the Police immediately.

It was decided a short time later that, despite Ms. Karabash’s preference, given the nature of the incident as she described it, the police should be contacted in fairness to both parties. When the Police arrived, the team cooperated fully by turning over all video and electronic recordings and providing witness accounts.

Based on the resort’s records, the course of events presented to the media is inaccurate and we confirm that there was no one by the name of Katja traveling with Ms. Karabash and who stayed at the resort during that time.

We do confirm that on May 4, 2017, Ms. Karabash did propose on two occasions to resort management and ownership that they pay varying sums to her in exchange for her keeping the story silent, which proposals were rejected. The day after the alleged victim returned to Russia, a payment request for EUR 1 million with an ultimatum of 1:00 pm on May 5, 2017 was put in writing by Ms. Karabash to resort ownership which request we understood was not adhered to and Ms. Karabash gave a televised interview in Russia on May 6, 2017.

The resort is committed to working with the authorities and wants justice to prevail. Never has the resort taken any side in this matter. The resort has remained neutral throughout.

The resort has not gone public about this alleged incident due to it being under consideration in the Courts. As in any legal situation, it would be inappropriate and irresponsible to respond to conjecture.

We look forward to the conclusion of the court case and stand behind the actions of the resort team.

Neil Jacobs
Chief Executive Officer
Six Senses Hotels Resorts Spas

They are ignoring it, they are ignoring everything, no comments, but they are still blaming me.

Last edited by RichardInSF; Oct 3, 2018 at 10:30 pm Reason: consecutive posts by same member
Old Mar 22, 2018, 1:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

How low can Six Senses go?
Old Mar 22, 2018, 4:34 pm
Original Poster

What.

The.

benjinito and Omnis Si Mulier like this.
Old Mar 22, 2018, 5:03 pm

I answered them

Thank you for the answer, Mr Neil Jacobs. I am glad my appeal has been finally heard.
1.I asked Lizzy Lee at night to call the police.
2. No, your managers have not treated me with care and attention. Instead of calling the police and doctor as per my request the hotel management broke every ethical norm, confused me by saying that the police was on the way and conducted illegal interrogation. None of the hotel employees had the right to interrogate me neither as a suspect nor as a victim. It is true that Edouard took my colleague, self, the police and me to Praslin. The only reason for this goodwill deed was because this was the only chance to get rid of us. He never wished goodbye or give us his hand when we were leaving the boat. Before the accident he used to offer us his hand. The nurse (not a doctor) you are referring to instead of offering me a rape kit demanded me taking the clothes off. After I did so, she was happy to establish that my body was not bruised - that's all. I was offered the rape kit only after I landed in Moscow. I do realize the hotel is not obliged to have one, but the hospital is. And that was the reason why I specifically asked to call a qualified doctor, not bring me to the medical assistant.
3. It was my colleague and myself who finally called the police. The hotel employees also called the police simultaneously with us, i.e. 7 hours after I reported the crime to them.
4. We have a recorded copy of the conversation with the hotel’s General Manager Edouard Grosmangin that proves that my colleague (referred as Katya in the text, but the management know her real name) and myself were asking to call the doctor and police. While Edouard was delivering confusing controversial replies whether he called the police or not. BTW, Why has he stopped managing your hotel in a week after the accident took place? Perhaps, to escape the responsibility as a main defendant?
5. CCTV footage I requested from you several times in writing could clear things up and keep me away from the exhausting and painful court case has never been delivered. I saved all the copies of those requests.
6. By supporting your team’s actions you are covering the committed crime.
7. I believed back then and am still sure the crime became possible only due to safety&security negligence of
the hotel management and poor background check of your personnel. Therefore my request for apologies and compensation is quite consistent. Also my willingness to escape from the painful process of unnecessarily proving myself as a victim is quite natural under these circumstances. It could be less painful and much faster if the CCTV footage has been delivered to the court. The hotel owner has never verbally declined my request for the compensation but asked: “Did you get pleasure last night?”

Last edited by Omnis Si Mulier; Mar 22, 2018 at 5:32 pm
Old Mar 22, 2018, 6:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I answered them

Thank you for the answer, Mr Neil Jacobs. I am glad my appeal has been finally heard.
1.I asked Lizzy Lee at night to call the police.
2. No, your managers have not treated me with care and attention. Instead of calling the police and doctor as per my request the hotel management broke every ethical norm, confused me by saying that the police was on the way and conducted illegal interrogation. None of the hotel employees had the right to interrogate me neither as a suspect nor as a victim. It is true that Edouard took my colleague, self, the police and me to Praslin. The only reason for this goodwill deed was because this was the only chance to get rid of us. He never wished goodbye or give us his hand when we were leaving the boat. Before the accident he used to offer us his hand. The nurse (not a doctor) you are referring to instead of offering me a rape kit demanded me taking the clothes off. After I did so, she was happy to establish that my body was not bruised - that's all. I was offered the rape kit only after I landed in Moscow. I do realize the hotel is not obliged to have one, but the hospital is. And that was the reason why I specifically asked to call a qualified doctor, not bring me to the medical assistant.
3. It was my colleague and myself who finally called the police. The hotel employees also called the police simultaneously with us, i.e. 7 hours after I reported the crime to them.
4. We have a recorded copy of the conversation with the hotels General Manager Edouard Grosmangin that proves that my colleague (referred as Katya in the text, but the management know her real name) and myself were asking to call the doctor and police. While Edouard was delivering confusing controversial replies whether he called the police or not. BTW, Why has he stopped managing your hotel in a week after the accident took place? Perhaps, to escape the responsibility as a main defendant?
5. CCTV footage I requested from you several times in writing could clear things up and keep me away from the exhausting and painful court case has never been delivered. I saved all the copies of those requests.
6. By supporting your teams actions you are covering the committed crime.
7. I believed back then and am still sure the crime became possible only due to safety&security negligence of
the hotel management and poor background check of your personnel. Therefore my request for apologies and compensation is quite consistent. Also my willingness to escape from the painful process of unnecessarily proving myself as a victim is quite natural under these circumstances. It could be less painful and much faster if the CCTV footage has been delivered to the court. The hotel owner has never verbally declined my request for the compensation but asked: Did you get pleasure last night?
There should be repercussions for Six Senses as well. This cover up and victim shaming shows what kind of brand they are. I guess you have to show solidarity with your crooked Zil Pasyon owners. It's pathetic.
Old Mar 23, 2018, 5:41 am

Here is the my interview in Russian http://www.spletnik.ru/buzz/81570-karabash.html where I tried to tell everything about what happened to me, with all the details, I hope it has all the answers. You can google translate it, I don't know when I have a chance to do this with Anglo press.

Last edited by Omnis Si Mulier; Mar 23, 2018 at 6:26 am
Old Mar 23, 2018, 8:22 am
formerly vienna-resident
Marriott Contributor Badge

I find the statement by SS Neil Jacobs revolting. His statements are full of inconsistencies, shifting blame on the victim before emphasizing how neutral" they are acting in the whole story. Anybody who has ever dealt with the legal system in countries like the Seychelles knows how unlikely it is that "justice will prevail". What is justice in these places is decided by rich hotel owners and corrupt bureaucrats. Six Senses was one of my favorite hotel groups in the past, but I find their handling of this matter totally unacceptable. Six Senses will not get a cent from me anytime soon.
surftb15 and Omnis Si Mulier like this.
Old Mar 23, 2018, 8:34 am

Originally Posted by vienna-resident
I find the statement by SS Neil Jacobs revolting. His statements are full of inconsistencies, shifting blame on the victim before emphasizing how neutral" they are acting in the whole story. Anybody who has ever dealt with the legal system in countries like the Seychelles knows how unlikely it is that "justice will prevail". What is justice in these places is decided by rich hotel owners and corrupt bureaucrats. Six Senses was one of my favorite hotel groups in the past, but I find their handling of this matter totally unacceptable. Six Senses will not get a cent from me anytime soon.
We (my friends) wrote Neil Jacobs letters asking, literally, not to be neutral: "...by staying neutral you are participating in this injustice.

Please, give us the answers to what you did or what are you doing to ensure this case is investigated properly? Did you ask the resort for the footage? Did you ask the management why they didn't call the police and why they dared to do all these insulting and uncomfortable interrogations themselves instead of calling the police immediately?"

And, moreover, they are lying! I had been asking for the police from the moment I reported the rape, I have already posted the records here:

That's unfortunately the biggest problem for us and talking to the lawyer already that the police is not there yet so it's a big also the second hurt to this woman that it's not officially registered and I can understand your position because you tried to protect the resort and
Edouard Grosmangin: No, no no no I'm not trying to protect at all
Second female: Yeah but actually the first thing should be for her safety it's two things. It's official doctor and it's police right now and urgent. I'm sorry to say this. I keep the interest of the hotel because actually I can imagine like I'm actually the PR, so I have to keep all like, both things, but the thing is that it needs to be really like two things urgent doctor and police and officially registered and then
Edouard Grosmangin: This is what I have done already.
Second female: Where is the police and where is the doctor?
Edouard Grosmangin:: We are on an island. The police is on the way and actually the police has been informed. We have different district in Seychelles. We depend on the district of La Digue and the police can be on the boat and
Second female: But it's five minutes away from
Edouard Grosmangin: No, no. I know. But in the middle of the night ...
Second female: No, it's not night. It's 9:39.
Edouard Grosmangin: No, no, I'm trying to explain you. At 9:00 this morning

Edouard Grosmangin: We had to report everything. You don't go just to the police to say "we have a problem" and they will not come like that. At this stage ...
Second female: It's police, they come when we have a problem. Like I can call them right now and tell them that we have this problem.
First female: Seychelles police
Edouard Grosmangin I understand and don't think that we minimize this kind of thing. We maximize as much as possible.

Edouard Grosmangin: We had to report everything. You don't go just to the police to say "we have a problem" and they will not come like that. At this stage ...
Second female: It's police, they come when we have a problem. Like I can call them right now and tell them that we have this problem.
First female: Seychelles police
Edouard Grosmangin I understand and don't think that we minimize this kind of thing. We maximize as much as possible.
Second female: Of course, of course.
Edouard Grosmangin: We are taking it very seriously. We have different district in Seychelles. At this stage, we may have involved the district of [?] the mainland island. We may have to put them on the helicopter to come straight away.
Second female: Where is it? We don't feel that it's happening unfortunately. Where is the police?
Edouard Grosmangin: The police may be on the way. It may take five minutes, it may take three hours.
Second female: Of course, of course.
Edouard Grosmangin: We are taking it very seriously. We have different district in Seychelles. At this stage, we may have involved the district of [?] the mainland island. We may have to put them on the helicopter to come straight away.
Second female: Where is it? We don't feel that it's happening unfortunately. Where is the police?
Edouard Grosmangin: The police may be on the way. It may take five minutes, it may take three hours.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.