Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Luxury Hotels and Travel
Reload this Page >

Live @ Six Senses Zil Pasyon. (Seychelles islands)

Live @ Six Senses Zil Pasyon. (Seychelles islands)

Old Jun 29, 2017, 5:52 pm
  #46  
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Posts: 91
Originally Posted by ridefar
+1.

And enormous respect to the victim victim for telling her story.
Thank you! Really appreciate it, it's healing to hear.
Omnis Si Mulier is offline  
Old Jun 30, 2017, 9:20 am
  #47  
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Europe
Posts: 2,548
Originally Posted by Omnis Si Mulier
It was me being raped there. My report was clear: I was there on press trip, writing about their new residence villas. It was my last night, I was sleeping when the housekeeper accessed my villa and raped me at knifepoint. I don't know how he accessed, perhaps from the terrace, but he had the electronic key. Threatening me with the knife, the intruder forced himself on me and repeatedly raped me. I was trying to escape the villa and once or twice managed to open the door and make several steps outside. However, the rapist took me back to the villa threatening me with the knife. Number of times he said that he would kill me. I was screaming loud but apparently due to the size of the resort and remote location of my villa no one could hear me. After an hour and a half of our struggle and him rapping me, I managed to escape the villa and run to the hotel reception.
It took me almost 20 minutes to get to the restaurant area, where I thought I could find the resort security. However, nobody was there. I was crying out and knocking at all doors. It took me another 20 minutes to find security.At around 2.30am they went to my villa and captured the rapist in the garden of the villa. However, as they told me later, they could not find the knife.
I asked the executive assistant manager, to immediately call the police. It was only later that I found out that she never called the police. Then she brought me to another villa to rest until the morning.
In the morning, at around 9.30am, I had a conversation with my the PR agent managing the tour, who also stayed at the resort in a different villa (I have a recording of this conversation) and with the General Manager. He shocked me by suggesting that I myself invited the man to the villa and that no rape actually took place. He also mentioned that the hotels management had not called the police. We subsequently called the police and they arrived from the nearby island shortly.
That was almost eight hours after I had reported the crime to the resort. The police was surprised that they had not been called earlier to the crime scene and confirmed that they were working 24 hours and hence would be contactable at the time the offence took place.
That morning I also saw the resort's co-owner, who I hoped would help me with my very difficult and stressful situation. Instead, she continued to offend me by asking whether I had experienced some pleasure that night.
Upon their arrival, the police assigned two female officers who helped me to file a statement. The attacker was identified as a Mauritian citizen working for the resort as a housekeeper.
I left the Seychelles the same night. No apology or support was ever offered by the hotels management.
First of all, I'm terribly sorry for what you went through. Really. Often times it is difficult to judge the situation when one is thankfully not involved. The media reports were inconsistent in terms of what happened (with the sleeping pill for example), as I read a few versions of the happenings.

But people must understand that women usually do not lie about sexual assault and rape. It is absolutely awful and all the more when you do not get help immediately. For me, the image of Six Senses as a company is tarnished, not because something happened on premises managed by them, but by their response. Security must be tight, should be staffed at all times and should protect you. It is unforgivable that they did not help you. How can we spends thousands of Dollars per day when we can not be certain of our wellbeing?

I would caution anybody to set foot anywhere near the property and I hope that the word will spread and they suffer the PR damage they deserve. Sadly I am a Six Senses amateur and do not have the contacts to their corporate management, but I will hope you get the answers.

This story aside, there are multiple reports here and elsewhere indicating their amateurish approach to security -- there is none. As long as this can happen to other guests any given day, the property should be called out publicly.
scented is offline  
Old Jun 30, 2017, 10:15 am
  #48  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: IAD/DCA
Posts: 31,794
vienna-resident said it well

Originally Posted by Omnis Si Mulier
I asked the executive assistant manager, to immediately call the police.

General Manager...mentioned that the hotel’s management had not called the police.
Originally Posted by Omnis Si Mulier
All I want is CCTV footage from that night - from all the cameras, including the one near my villa

nobody was there, nobody watched CCTV
clear problems with management, including corporate
(founder of six senses corporate sold company in 2012)

GM moved where, EAM may have moved too

2 months later >

Originally Posted by surftb15
water was spilling into the room

I called every number at the hotel and noone answered. After about an hour, someone picked up

no acknowledgement
Originally Posted by surftb15
around 2am...I called every button on the phone and noone answered. I then kept hitting "0" and someone finally picked up. It then took maintenance over 1 hour to come...pump went back on one hour later. I kept hitting "0" and noone answered this time around. I wasn't able to get in touch with someone until 6am!
anyone familiar with night staff operations at 'remote' properties?

Last edited by Kagehitokiri; Jun 30, 2017 at 11:21 am
Kagehitokiri is offline  
Old Jun 30, 2017, 11:00 am
  #49  
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Parts Unknown
Posts: 9,916
Originally Posted by surftb15
What had happened.....


The pool pump broke. Not a big deal, right? WRONG. The pump (don't know what happened to it) started shaking the windows in the room. It was THAT LOUD! Also, water was spilling into the room as the pump wasn't moving the water at that point (or draining it).


Finally, the new GM is there because the other GM was reassigned after this assault incident.
Did any of your stuff get soaked by the water? I'm guessing their insurance wasn't forthcoming.
Aventine is offline  
Old Jun 30, 2017, 11:20 am
  #50  
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Posts: 91
Originally Posted by scented
First of all, I'm terribly sorry for what you went through. Really. Often times it is difficult to judge the situation when one is thankfully not involved. The media reports were inconsistent in terms of what happened (with the sleeping pill for example), as I read a few versions of the happenings.

But people must understand that women usually do not lie about sexual assault and rape. It is absolutely awful and all the more when you do not get help immediately. For me, the image of Six Senses as a company is tarnished, not because something happened on premises managed by them, but by their response. Security must be tight, should be staffed at all times and should protect you. It is unforgivable that they did not help you. How can we spends thousands of Dollars per day when we can not be certain of our wellbeing?

I would caution anybody to set foot anywhere near the property and I hope that the word will spread and they suffer the PR damage they deserve. Sadly I am a Six Senses amateur and do not have the contacts to their corporate management, but I will hope you get the answers.

This story aside, there are multiple reports here and elsewhere indicating their amateurish approach to security -- there is none. As long as this can happen to other guests any given day, the property should be called out publicly.
Thank you, dear @scented!

I never lie about what happened, and why would I. It was an extremely traumatic experience and still is, and it looks like the more to come. Nobody in her/his clear mind would lie about it. I was at work, I had plans, I never even think of this could happen and I was so unprepared and naive re help of the management, but not insane. And I am determined now to continue the fight for myself. I think what you read about the details was more or less consistent, If you imagine the resort plan and my villa plan. And moreover the management saw the scene, the blood marks on the bedsheets, the knife, they, probably saw the CCTV footage, so they knew I was not lying.

Last edited by Omnis Si Mulier; Jun 30, 2017 at 3:16 pm
Omnis Si Mulier is offline  
Old Jun 30, 2017, 1:39 pm
  #51  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 1,900
Originally Posted by Aventine
Did any of your stuff get soaked by the water? I'm guessing their insurance wasn't forthcoming.
No, it was just a thin layer. The bigger problem was the NOISE, and noone answering the phone.
surftb15 is offline  
Old Jun 30, 2017, 3:38 pm
  #52  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 1,900
Originally Posted by Omnis Si Mulier
Thank you, dear @scented!

I never lie about what happened, and why would I. It was an extremely traumatic experience and still is, and it looks like the more to come. Nobody in her/his clear mind would lie about it. I was at work, I had plans, I never even think of this could happen and I was so unprepared and naive re help of the management, but not insane. And I am determined now to continue the fight for myself. I think what you read about the details was more or less consistent, If you imagine the resort plan and my villa plan. And moreover the management saw the scene, the blood marks on the bedsheets, the knife, they, probably saw the CCTV footage, so they knew I was not lying.
Horrific.
surftb15 is offline  
Old Jul 2, 2017, 12:18 pm
  #53  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 1,900
I emailed the SIx Senses and they offered me a 2 night VOUCHER.
I said, I really just want the night reimbursed.
They said "too bad".
surftb15 is offline  
Old Jul 3, 2017, 1:36 am
  #54  
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Hong Kong
Posts: 110
Kage brought up a good question--at remote properties, what are standard operating procedures for night staff?

In addition to the serious security issues, you also have the potential for medical issues. If for any reason a guest needs a doctor, I expect the front desk to be manned 24/7.

I have really only tested night operations at Amans--once at Dari and once at Kila. In both situations management picked up phone calls in the middle of the nights within 4-5 rings, and in both cases had doctors on site within 15-30 min (15 at Kila, 30 at Dari).

I did ask at Amanpulo what happens if a guest were to become quite ill or get injured--they said they keep a plan at Pulo at all times, so you can fly back to Manila in an emergency situation (in contrast to summoning a plan or helo to fly to the island for pickup).

I kind of assumed these examples from Aman are standard at high end resorts. But based on this thread, apparently not...
nmuva98 is offline  
Old Jul 3, 2017, 1:42 am
  #55  
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Parts Unknown
Posts: 9,916
Originally Posted by surftb15
I emailed the SIx Senses and they offered me a 2 night VOUCHER.
I said, I really just want the night reimbursed.
They said "too bad".


That shows what kind of Sense they have...
Aventine is offline  
Old Jul 3, 2017, 3:12 am
  #56  
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Parts Unknown
Posts: 9,916
Originally Posted by nmuva98
Kage brought up a good question--at remote properties, what are standard operating procedures for night staff?

In addition to the serious security issues, you also have the potential for medical issues. If for any reason a guest needs a doctor, I expect the front desk to be manned 24/7.
Basics: someone should be manning the phone and there should be night watchmen patrolling discreetly.
Aventine is offline  
Old Jul 3, 2017, 12:09 pm
  #57  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: IAD/DCA
Posts: 31,794
nmuva98, remember pulo and aviation company are same owner

not much discussion of operations here, but can sometimes matter
Kagehitokiri is offline  
Old Jul 3, 2017, 1:02 pm
  #58  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 1,900
Originally Posted by Aventine


That shows what kind of Sense they have...
I responded back and said...

"the voucher is only good till next July. Not sure what my travel plans are yet but it's not so easy to get to the seychelles from the US. I really just want the one night back, as it was a wasted sleep and my wife and I were completely exhausted the next day. Thinking about it, the entire next day was wasted as well. I think one night refund is more then fair. "
surftb15 is offline  
Old Jul 4, 2017, 6:43 am
  #59  
Company Representative: Six Senses Hotels Resorts Spa
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Posts: 5
Originally Posted by surftb15
Things are getting interesting, someone was raped at Zil Payson

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz4hAecyfV9
Six Senses Hotels Resorts Spas confirms that there has been a report of an incident at our Seychelles resort which is currently being investigated by the police. Six Senses Zil Pasyon takes the safety and security of all of its guests extremely seriously. The police are leading the investigation into this incident and we are cooperating fully with that investigation.

Once a conclusion to the investigation has been reached, the resort intends to take every appropriate measure to address the matter.

Our thoughts are with the guest who made the report, who is now back in Russia.

We will be issuing updates on the situation in real time.
Six Senses Hotels Resorts Spas is offline  
Old Jul 4, 2017, 6:46 am
  #60  
Company Representative: Six Senses Hotels Resorts Spa
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Posts: 5
Originally Posted by kzap
That is from May 8, 2017...

http://www.seychellesnewsagency.com/...+in+Seychelles

http://www.seychellesnewsagency.com/...x+assault+case

http://www.seychellesnewsagency.com/...l+assault+case

Wonder what the status of the case is now, they certainly knew about it when you were staying there.
Six Senses Hotels Resorts Spas is disappointed by the delay in the Seychelles case. On June 8, the Court set a hearing for late December and noted the delay was due to time required for forensic testing. In Court the same day, the accused employee pleaded not guilty and remains on his own recognizance in the Seychelles.

We are eager to hear the ruling in this case and look forward to setting the record straight as there are great discrepancies between the claimants account and the resorts findings. We wish that we could say more about the case today, but since the case is pending we are not at liberty to comment. Once a court decision has been reached, the resort looks forward to being able to more fully share with the public the facts it has on the case.

Should there be any updates in the meantime, we will communicate it promptly.
Six Senses Hotels Resorts Spas is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.