FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Luxury Hotels and Travel (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/luxury-hotels-travel-220/)
-   -   Live @ Six Senses Zil Pasyon. (Seychelles islands) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/luxury-hotels-travel/1846087-live-six-senses-zil-pasyon-seychelles-islands.html)

surftb15 Jun 3, 2017 12:05 am

Live @ Six Senses Zil Pasyon. (Seychelles islands)

Any questions? Great hotel.. Some few problems with wifi going slow and Salesforce being blocked. Also, there's lots of tourist boats that moor at the hotel so I only recommend the hideaway and panaroma villa if you're after privacy.

chinmoylad Jun 3, 2017 2:00 am

Originally Posted by surftb15 (Post 28396064)
Any questions? Great hotel.. Some few problems with wifi going slow and Salesforce being blocked. Also, there's lots of tourist boats that moor at the hotel so I only recommend the hideaway and panaroma villa if you're after privacy.

But why?

surftb15 Jun 3, 2017 2:09 am

Originally Posted by chinmoylad (Post 28396258)
But why?

Seychelles law. The law, apparently, states that anyone is entitled to use any beach on the seychelles. The boat guests don't actually come on the beach though... They just snorkel around the island. Some boats dock for 2 to 3 days at a time as well. They get about 10 feet from the resort itself. If you pay for their top room, you can see them and they can see you!

Edit. Let me add that the reef here is completely bleached out but the snorkeling is still the best in the seychelles. Unfortunately, that means lots of tourist boats. There's 15 out here now!

chinmoylad Jun 3, 2017 3:18 am

Originally Posted by surftb15 (Post 28396271)
Seychelles law. The law, apparently, states that anyone is entitled to use any beach on the seychelles. The boat guests don't actually come on the beach though... They just snorkel around the island. Some boats dock for 2 to 3 days at a time as well. They get about 10 feet from the resort itself. If you pay for their top room, you can see them and they can see you!

Edit. Let me add that the reef here is completely bleached out but the snorkeling is still the best in the seychelles. Unfortunately, that means lots of tourist boats. There's 15 out here now!

Ah okay I was wondering why they particularly go to that spot - that makes sense now, the snorkeling.

Thanks for that info! Good to know.

surftb15 Jun 3, 2017 3:58 am

Another negative aspect of the resort is that there is no dive center - not even tanks to dive. They are in the process of starting one up, but this can take over a year. If you want to go for a dive, you can either take their complimentary boat to La Digue (one time per week, Tuesday) or charter a boat there at 160 euro/person/per way (not worth it, IMO).

Besides that, the villas (with the exception of Beachfront and Payson Pool - privacy) are stunning. We are on the top of the resort where theres no immediate neighbors and the view is TOP.

edit - I will be going out with the consultant Zil Payson hired to start the dive center tomorrow to find some diving sites. Also, theres no snorkel tours either, the only thing they offer right now is renting a private boat. That will change, but theres no expectation of when.

chinmoylad Jun 3, 2017 4:08 am

Are they still constructing the 3 and 4 bedroom villas? When's that scheduled in for?

surftb15 Jun 3, 2017 7:54 am

Originally Posted by chinmoylad (Post 28396502)
Are they still constructing the 3 and 4 bedroom villas? When's that scheduled in for?

Yes, they are currently under construction - owner operated. No idea when they are scheduled to open but they are nice. I took a hike up there the other day!

tcmb99 Jun 3, 2017 7:55 am

please let me know how diving is, especially compared to maldives since I know you know maldives so well. i was thinking of going to seychelles for a change but these reports are scaring me.

surftb15 Jun 3, 2017 9:06 am

Originally Posted by chinmoylad (Post 28396258)
But why?

Originally Posted by tcmb99 (Post 28397059)
please let me know how diving is, especially compared to maldives since I know you know maldives so well. i was thinking of going to seychelles for a change but these reports are scaring me.

From what I have seen, the seychelles are worst then Maldives. The temp hasn't recovered like the Maldives oceans have... But then again, the dive spots here aren't discovered yet. I'm going to 4 places with the consultant tomorrow to find some spots. I'll let you know.

Also, the dive boats from LA Digue and praslin come here,and only about 1 percent of the reef is Alive. Scary.

surftb15 Jun 4, 2017 10:34 am

Did some diving today. The topology here is incredible... Better then anything in Maldives. Underwater swim through caves galore. Fish life is more diverse then Maldives... Sadly, reef isn't great shape but there is some new growth.

Nizar Jun 4, 2017 1:17 pm

Originally Posted by surftb15 (Post 28396064)

Hi,

Yes this one's been on my list for a while since before it opened.

How's the F&B offering there ?

What's the difference between the different category of villas apart from where they're located and view/privacy etc ? Seems from the website that they're all the same size with the same size of pool etc ? Which category are you staying in ? Happy with your choice ?

How's the occupancy at the moment ?

Is the service polished ?

Thanks

surftb15 Jun 4, 2017 8:07 pm

Originally Posted by Nizar (Post 28401693)
Hi,

Yes this one's been on my list for a while since before it opened.

How's the F&B offering there ?

What's the difference between the different category of villas apart from where they're located and view/privacy etc ? Seems from the website that they're all the same size with the same size of pool etc ? Which category are you staying in ? Happy with your choice ?

How's the occupancy at the moment ?

Is the service polished ?

Thanks

All the villas are the same size, though the lead in room has a smaller outdoor area and the Payson pool villa has an outdoor shower. We got upgraded from the lead in room into the Panorama villa. To be honest, I wouldn't recommend any higher category. As mentioned, there are a lot of boats that pass the island on a daily basis. The panaroma villa are set high on a hill, away from the boats and perfectly private.

Here's the view...

http://i1361.photobucket.com/albums/...psysrduhmq.jpg

Food and beverage is just okay. The only have one restaurant open at the moment and the offerings are kind of repetitive. They have plenty of room to expand their menus but haven't yet. We were here 5 nights already and got tired of the same menu over and over (although they change specials daily ) that we requested a pizza (they have a big pizza oven) but we're denied.

Also breakfast is a bit depressing. Small buffet and only eggs on the menu, nothing else!

The service has room for improvement. There's no dive center and the gem wasn't aware of the dive centers on la digue so we had to charter the boat ourselves, although it can pick up from felicite which is nice. There's been smaller problems but the hotel will work them out.

All in all, it's a good hotel. It will be even better once they open the dive center, expand menus, and train the staff more. I am even thinking of returning, given the privacy of the villa is something the wife and I have been searching for a while.

137677 Jun 5, 2017 12:12 pm

Which restaurant is open - is it the Island Cafe? Is the other one Ocean Kitchen closed because of low occupancy? And. Is Chef's kitchen just private dining?

Kagehitokiri Jun 5, 2017 2:42 pm

2 Attachment(s)
great status (website unclear) updates and details!

175m2 - hideaway - outdoor shower, east side
(odd if all lowest category have outdoor shower)

200m2 - daybed, outdoor dining table
- panorama
- oceanfront
- pasyon - "either a larger living room with an additional lounge and located nearby the beach or an extended garden with additional daybed and outdoor shower."

seems some are steps from beach, like fregate

surftb15 Jun 6, 2017 3:08 am

Update.

Six senses will now be contracting out dive and snorkeling through the charter company we have been using on la digue.

We saw a huge lemon shark today. Found a lot of unspoiled diving sites! The bleaching is real but there's two spots with quite good coral cover.. And alive.