Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Luxury Hotels and Travel
Reload this Page >

Live @ Six Senses Zil Pasyon. (Seychelles islands)

Live @ Six Senses Zil Pasyon. (Seychelles islands)

Old Jul 12, 2017, 4:04 am

Programs: Mabuhay Miles, Skypass, Eva Air, KrisFlyer
“If the accused is acquitted, the hotel has to adopt measures to ensure that this does not happen again. If the case is withdrawn, then the hotel will have to look into ways to rebuild its image and brand,” said Valabji.
Why would they wait for a legal judgement to adopt measure to make sure it never happens again. That should have been started ages ago and the brand has to be rebuilt already, not after the fact. All these things should be in motion already, so the statements are confusing. Why would they only take action after a verdict and not before?
Old Jul 12, 2017, 6:28 am

Originally Posted by kzap
Why would they wait for a legal judgement to adopt measure to make sure it never happens again. That should have been started ages ago and the brand has to be rebuilt already, not after the fact. All these things should be in motion already, so the statements are confusing. Why would they only take action after a verdict and not before?
Very confusing, yes. And if the man is found not guilty, I will make an appeal. And will go as far as possible/necessary with this, I don't know, in African Court on Human and Peoples' Rights, In European, I just don't know now.

Last edited by Omnis Si Mulier; Jul 12, 2017 at 2:03 pm
Old Jul 12, 2017, 8:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

kzap, seems to me your comment is if they said 'found guilty' whereas they said opposite : https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Acquittal

i dont know how to interpret their use of "withdrawn"

Omnis Si Mulier, even if a lawyer is not willing to support you for free, i believe there are NGOs that may be able to provide some support in terms of legal options and details.
Old Jul 12, 2017, 12:16 pm

Originally Posted by Kagehitokiri
kzap,

Omnis Si Mulier, even if a lawyer is not willing to support you for free, i believe there are NGOs that may be able to provide some support in terms of legal options and details.
Yes, I've been writing to many NGOs, some of them answered and gave me moral support and initial legal advice. The problem now is that they are mostly in US or UK and have no expertise in the Seychelles' law, especially criminal and can't help me there. Some of them just register cases and collect data. Regarding the appeal outside Seychelles I will need to make another round with it. So if anybody knows NGO that can help me (given that I have only Russian citizenship), I would be happy and grateful if you share it with me.

I am in contact with PEN International, Media Legal Defense and Committee to Protect Journalists, they are most helpful, even though my case doesn't meet their requirements, since I am a journalist but was assaulted not because of my work.

Last edited by Omnis Si Mulier; Jul 12, 2017 at 5:18 pm
Old Jul 12, 2017, 12:54 pm

http://www.seychellesnewsagency.com/...x+assault+case

The defense lawyer, Elvis Chetty, told SNA that it is strange that someone is being charged in the first place without evidence.

That quote bothers me a lot, and that is why I think they are hiding CCTV footage. There should be more than enough evidences from the scene and from the hotel, and apparently there are none.

http://www.seychellesnewsagency.com/...ssion+sexuelle
Also in french version there is a quote
L'avocat du complexe Six Senses Zil Pasyon, Laura Valabjhi, a indiqué que l'hôtel soutient son travailleur de quelque manière que ce soit. Elle a déclaré que Soudhooa est également assisté par l'hôtel tant que l'affaire est en cours.

As far as i understand the last sentence the man is still working at SS, but the current GM told my friend that the man is not working there any longer.

I am scraping the news because there is no other way I can get information about what is going on there.

Last edited by Omnis Si Mulier; Jul 12, 2017 at 2:20 pm
Old Jul 12, 2017, 5:07 pm

Programs: No program whatsoever
Originally Posted by Omnis Si Mulier

[...]

“If the accused is acquitted, the hotel has to adopt measures to ensure that this does not happen again. If the case is withdrawn, then the hotel will have to look into ways to rebuild its image and brand,”

[...]
I am baffled by how amateurishly and unprofessionally this matter is being handled by Six Senses, both with the victim and online by their representatives in this thread. A business school case study could be written to show young management students a textbook example of exactly what NOT TO DO in an incident.

If the company is so bad at handling incident recovery, crisis management, communication (with the victim) and PR (with us in this thread), it really makes you wonder whether this unprofessionalism extends to how they run their hotels more in general.

Last edited by 0bsidian; Jul 12, 2017 at 5:14 pm
Old Jul 12, 2017, 7:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by 0bsidian
I am baffled by how amateurishly and unprofessionally this matter is being handled by Six Senses, both with the victim and online by their representatives in this thread. A business school case study could be written to show young management students a textbook example of exactly what NOT TO DO in an incident.

If the company is so bad at handling incident recovery, crisis management, communication (with the victim) and PR (with us in this thread), it really makes you wonder whether this unprofessionalism extends to how they run their hotels more in general.
I think SS is betting on the owners' cronyism, cover ups and a banana court to make this go away. It really is the worst crisis management I've ever seen. Poor Omnis.
Old Jul 13, 2017, 12:04 pm

Originally Posted by Aventine
I think SS is betting on the owners' cronyism, cover ups and a banana court to make this go away. It really is the worst crisis management I've ever seen. Poor Omnis.

I've been doing my homework and will fight as long as necessary, but It is not easy at all.

Last edited by Omnis Si Mulier; Jul 13, 2017 at 12:09 pm
Old Jul 14, 2017, 9:47 pm

Originally Posted by kzap

With how Six Senses PR is replying to this thread and the lack of empathy from their corporate on this situation I will probably cancel my reservation at Six Senses Yao Noi next year.
Incredible. They came here to drop this awful PR message.
Incredible. Feel so bad for the victim, hope she is OK.
I can't believe this is the hotel I was so waiting to go, and then
the delays etc, but this? Incredible...
Old Jul 14, 2017, 9:55 pm

Originally Posted by offerendum
Sorry, but I´m not really able to hear it. Rape is something so disgusting that I had to stop. All my sympathy. I discussed it with my GF and it ended in a bluster what I would do with someone who cross my way and tries to rape a woman.

I don´t wonna speak about the incident in general as I´m not capable to do so. What confuse me are 2 things.

First the reaction of SS at this forum is inacceptable. It´s one Thing to answer with a standard text. It may be inpersonal but regarding the fact that also damage claims under civil law against SS may be raised one day justifiable. What I can´t accept is that they wrote 2 and 3 times the same answer. That let me think they think I´m stupid what´s not good for potential business partners (yes, as a guest I do business with them!).

Second I´m very confused about the obvious (so far I heared the text) fact that members of staff of a resort (business operation without any sovereign rights) did some Kind of criminal Investigation. It seems as someone didn´t understand their part and competences. While a captain on a boat has some competences under maritime law a GM has surely not. They may be allowed to capture someone until the police arrives but that´s another cup of tea. Of course they have immediate to call the police if a serious crime is reported. No matter if they think the police officer in charge is qualified or not. It´s only the decision of the competent authorities to decide if their are further investigations and who carries them out.
+100. The whole situation is so disgusting, but we should not forget
about the victim, I feel so bad for her, still admire the courage.
Dealing with this horrible company and a banana republic can be frustrating...
Old Jul 15, 2017, 7:09 am

Originally Posted by Big_Foot
Dear @Big_Foot, thank you for sharing my feelings, it is frustrating, I still can't believe I am in this horror story. I am angry, furious, feeling so deeply insulted so It is breaking me into pieces, but this discussion does relieve pain.

But, once again, I don't want this story to exist only in the ephemeral and emotionally charged dimension - my words against the man words, my pain against SS business - I want CCTV footage from that night that will prove my words, and, given that they keep saying there are discrepancies and not enough evidences, I am afraid that they are hiding this footage and other security system records.

Hiding evidences, not calling the police and blaming me for what had happened - all this cover up - can't be justified by their instinct to protect their reputation, it is just not a fair game, and this game is very cruel.

Last edited by Omnis Si Mulier; Jul 15, 2017 at 7:59 am
Old Jul 15, 2017, 7:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Big_Foot
Yeah, I never held SS in high regard but they're the bottom feeders for me now. They couldn't pay me to go there. Stay strong Omnis! :-:
Old Jul 15, 2017, 7:29 am

Originally Posted by Aventine
Yeah, I never held SS in high regard but they're the bottom feeders for me now. They couldn't pay me to go there. Stay strong Omnis! :-:
Thank you! I try my best!
Old Jul 26, 2017, 6:00 am
formerly vienna-resident
Marriott Contributor Badge

I just had a look at the Tripadvisor site of the resort, and noted some interesting recent reviews, in several languages and all very glowing. This to me already seemed a bit iffy... but most interesting and revealing is the one by 'Amal A' in French titled "Fantastique" which ends with the 3 magical English words "Hope it helps"....

Connect the dots...

Last edited by livefromtuscany; Jul 27, 2017 at 3:55 am
Old Jul 26, 2017, 7:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by vienna-resident
I just had a look at the Tripadvisor site of the resort, and noted some interesting recent reviews, in several languages and all very glowing. This to me already seemed a bit iffy... but most interesting and revealing is the one by 'Amal A' in French titled "Fantastique" which ends with the 3 magical English words "Hope it helps"....

Connect the dots...

I wonder if the ex-GM wrote those or what.

Last edited by RichardInSF; Jul 27, 2017 at 12:49 pm Reason: Quote edited to conform to FT rules

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.