FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: oliver2002
The access rules:

Print Wikipost

"Welcome" arrivals lounge in FRA

Search this Thread

Old May 21, 2013, 1:05 am

Programs: LH-SEN, DL-Platinum
More cost-cutting? Is the ironing service gone from the Welcome Lounge?
Old May 21, 2013, 1:10 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by asoksevil
I'm arriving to Frankfurt from LAX (LH457) and have a 6 hours layover until my flight to MAD.

Since I'm arriving at 11:00 AM I got some time to go to the Welcome Lounge and enjoy... AFAIK it closes at 12:30 PM, so I only get to enjoy for lets see, one hour or hour and a half since I still need to move from the gate till the lounge which if I'm not mistaken is in another pier. After that, what Business Lounge do you guys recommend me to use to wait for my next flight?

I'll certainly take shower and have breakfast in the WL and would love to watch some movies, relax and sleep a little bit before my next flight. Is it complimentary the Wi-Fi in the Business Lounge?

Thanks guys!
The last admission is 12:30 but the Welcome Lounge is landside (behind baggage claim B) so depending on your arrival gate and your passport, allow up to 30 minutes after landing to get there. They won't kick you out until at least 1:00 PM.

The best Business Lounge for you before departure is the new Pier A Business Lounge (close to gate A13) though it could be quite crowded. There is free Wi-Fi in the lounge but the speed may not be very fast.
Old May 21, 2013, 1:12 am

I'll certainly take shower and have breakfast in the WL and would love to watch some movies, relax and sleep a little bit before my next flight. Is it complimentary the Wi-Fi in the Business Lounge?
Yes, the wifi is free in every business or Senator lounge (*G gets you in).
The Senator lounge at the A+ pier has got a quite section with lounge chairs that should fit you well, sadly dunno if the business section has those as well.
Old May 21, 2013, 1:44 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Originally Posted by Lack
The Senator lounge at the A+ pier has got a quite section with lounge chairs that should fit you well, sadly dunno if the business section has those as well.
The Business Lounge has no reclining chairs like the Senator Lounge as far as I know.
Old May 21, 2013, 2:24 am

Programs: LH Miles and More, DL SkyMiles, Bonvoy, Hilton
Originally Posted by econprof
More cost-cutting? Is the ironing service gone from the Welcome Lounge?
The little screen in the shower room offered me ironing service last time I was in the Welcome Lounge a couple of weeks ago. I have never used it, but it has always been offered to me...
Old May 21, 2013, 2:41 am

Programs: LH Miles and More, DL SkyMiles, Bonvoy, Hilton
I'm arriving to Frankfurt from LAX (LH457) and have a 6 hours layover until my flight to MAD.

Thanks guys!
My experience is that the WiFi in the WL is pretty much the same (T-Mobile) service as in the other FRA lounges--that is, your actual access speed depends on how big the on-line crowd is in the lounge and how many are streaming (or attempting to stream) video or using other bandwidth-intensive applications.

If the place is nearly deserted when you are there, the bandwidth should be adequate. Otherwise, don't count on doing any bandwidth-intensive work with any degree of success...
Old May 21, 2013, 9:15 am

Programs: LH FTL
Originally Posted by NewbieRunner
The last admission is 12:30 but the Welcome Lounge is landside (behind baggage claim B) so depending on your arrival gate and your passport, allow up to 30 minutes after landing to get there. They won't kick you out until at least 1:00 PM.

The best Business Lounge for you before departure is the new Pier A Business Lounge (close to gate A13) though it could be quite crowded. There is free Wi-Fi in the lounge but the speed may not be very fast.
As I understood correctly, the WL only runs from 5:00 AM to 12:30, 7 hours and 30 minutes? So it's closed from 1:00 PM till let's say 10:00 PM?

Thanks!

Originally Posted by Lack
Yes, the wifi is free in every business or Senator lounge (*G gets you in).
Sadly, I'm not a Senator yet an just FTL so I can only enjoy the Business Lounge...
Old May 21, 2013, 10:22 am

As I understood correctly, the WL only runs from 5:00 AM to 12:30, 7 hours and 30 minutes? So it's closed from 1:00 PM till let's say 10:00 PM?
No, it's closed until 5:00AM the following morning.
Old May 22, 2013, 7:13 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold 75K, ex-AA EXP, ex-UA 1K
Apologies for not reading the entire thread, but on Monday I'm flying TXL-FRA en route to DEN in LH FC. I know arrivals from overseas flights can't access the LH FRA First Class Terminal, but is that the same situation for people departing internationally? (but whose flights originated outside of Frankfurt) Also, while I'm aware of the lovely chauffeured car service for FRA departees, is there any substantive difference between the First Class Terminal and the two FC Lounges inside FRA's terminals? Just wondering if I should bother exiting and going through Customs again (and, if I did, whether I'd even be allowed in! - I only have a two-hour layover btw).
Old May 22, 2013, 11:56 pm

Originally Posted by kirker
Apologies for not reading the entire thread, but on Monday I'm flying TXL-FRA en route to DEN in LH FC. I know arrivals from overseas flights can't access the LH FRA First Class Terminal, but is that the same situation for people departing internationally? (but whose flights originated outside of Frankfurt) Also, while I'm aware of the lovely chauffeured car service for FRA departees, is there any substantive difference between the First Class Terminal and the two FC Lounges inside FRA's terminals? Just wondering if I should bother exiting and going through Customs again (and, if I did, whether I'd even be allowed in! - I only have a two-hour layover btw).
You should probably have posted your question in another thread.
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/miles...-fct-faqs.html

Anyway, you should have no problem leaving the main terminal when you arrive from TXL and walking to the FCT. The alternative would be the FCL B but you will have to walk through the tunnel and passport control to get there. Walking to the FCT would be just as quick. The FCL A won't be ideal as you will have to clear passport control on your way to the departure gate after your stay in the lounge.
Old May 23, 2013, 9:11 am

Programs: LH-SEN, DL-Platinum
Originally Posted by N1003U
The little screen in the shower room offered me ironing service last time I was in the Welcome Lounge a couple of weeks ago. I have never used it, but it has always been offered to me...
I was there a week ago and it wasn't there (and I've been doing a round-trip TATL weekly for the last month). They also seem to have eliminated the downstairs "check-in" person... I was assigned a shower upstairs and had to take a razor and toothbrush myself. Fortunately, I knew which drawers to look in.
Old May 29, 2013, 6:09 pm

Programs: LH FTL
Originally Posted by NewbieRunner
No, it's closed until 5:00AM the following morning.
I am sorry but I still don't understand.

If I get into the lounge at 11:30 AM , how many hours can I stay there? Can I stay there until 4:00 PM?
Old May 29, 2013, 8:30 pm

I am sorry but I still don't understand.

If I get into the lounge at 11:30 AM , how many hours can I stay there? Can I stay there until 4:00 PM?
They will probably remind you sometime around 1:00PM that the lounge is closing. You certainly won't be able to stay there until 4:00PM. Most people don't stay there very long - just long enough for a shower and breakfast.
Old Jun 11, 2013, 6:26 am

Programs: BAEC (Gold), PC (Plat), HH (Gold), MR (Gold)
Question

How long does it take to get from the lounge to the long-distance train platforms? I'm a fast walker with light luggage.

Thanks in advance.
Old Jun 11, 2013, 6:35 am

Originally Posted by User Name
How long does it take to get from the lounge to the long-distance train platforms? I'm a fast walker with light luggage.

Thanks in advance.
It will be about 600m including two escalators according to FRA Airport app.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.