Old Sep 9, 2013, 8:43 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: oliver2002
The access rules:

Print Wikipost

"Welcome" arrivals lounge in FRA

Search this Thread

Old Mar 3, 2013, 6:00 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by N1003U
Somewhere in the dim and distant past, when the Welcome Lounge was fresh and new, I have a foggy memory of bottles of L'Occitane in the showers...
Yes, wall-mounted L'Occitane. What do they have now?
Old Mar 3, 2013, 6:05 am

Programs: LH Miles and More, DL SkyMiles, Bonvoy, Hilton
Originally Posted by NewbieRunner
Yes, wall-mounted L'Occitane. What do they have now?
Generic hard-mounted dispensers (those things with the big curvy silver push plates that have a bag of some gel-type soap/shampoo behind them...
Old Mar 3, 2013, 6:12 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Originally Posted by N1003U
Generic hard-mounted dispensers (those things with the big curvy silver push plates that have a bag of some gel-type soap/shampoo behind them...
Yuk! Taking your own sounds like a sensible idea.

This thread is beginning to sound like the United forum.
Old Mar 3, 2013, 7:39 am

Programs: LH-SEN, DL-Platinum
Yeah, i was pretty disappointed by the move away from L'Occitane, too. Definitely made the overall experience feel more luxurious....
Old Mar 3, 2013, 1:50 pm
htb

Programs: UA*G(1K), PC Diamond Amb, Marriott Titanium, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by eefor jfp
Posting from the lounge. This was a big disappointment today. The two best things about the welcome lounge were the better breakfast and the L'Occitane bath products. It made the sauna-showers bearable
Judging from the fact it took almost 5 months for the first person to pick up on my post, I would dare to say that most people don't care...

I was very disappointed by the "enhancement", however. The L'Occitane product placements were pretty much the only ones that enticed me to buy the advertised product in the store.

HTB.
Old Apr 22, 2013, 10:48 am

New to connecting fligths

Hi guys,

This will be the first time in my life to have connecting flights. I must admit I never ever paid much attention on airports as destination. All I was focused on were location of rent-a-car is and do I need to call shuttle bus

But now I will have intercontinental flight, with connection in Frankfurt. Both flights are Lufthansa, so I took opportunity and registered to Miles and More program, got temporary ID... and now I am wondering what I am going to do for 6 hours with 2 kids (5&6 years).

I found out that this lounge is best rated, but I have no clue do I have access to it. On their site I read that this lounge is for Lufthansa Intercontinental Incoming flights. Does it means I can access lounge just when coming from USA? Is there any kind of fee if I can't qualify? Any tips what is better to do before flight, or everything can be done when I arrive?

Return flight have 10 hrs wait time, and I think we are going to visit city... I saw there are some Airport Tours, might be interesting to kids... but I don't think I can find enough interesting things for 10 hours?

Thanks
Old Apr 22, 2013, 11:42 am

Programs: SEN LH Hyatt Globalist AA EXP
Originally Posted by rocktheroad
Hi guys,

This will be the first time in my life to have connecting flights. I must admit I never ever paid much attention on airports as destination. All I was focused on were location of rent-a-car is and do I need to call shuttle bus

But now I will have intercontinental flight, with connection in Frankfurt. Both flights are Lufthansa, so I took opportunity and registered to Miles and More program, got temporary ID... and now I am wondering what I am going to do for 6 hours with 2 kids (5&6 years).

I found out that this lounge is best rated, but I have no clue do I have access to it. On their site I read that this lounge is for Lufthansa Intercontinental Incoming flights. Does it means I can access lounge just when coming from USA? Is there any kind of fee if I can't qualify? Any tips what is better to do before flight, or everything can be done when I arrive?

Return flight have 10 hrs wait time, and I think we are going to visit city... I saw there are some Airport Tours, might be interesting to kids... but I don't think I can find enough interesting things for 10 hours?

Thanks
It all depends on what class of service you are flying. As I understand you have no M&M status, you can access the welcome lounge only if you are traveling in business AND incoming from an intercontinental flight with LH.
As for the other LH lounges, similar thing, if you don't have status you can access the business lounges only with a C ticket. There are some other possibilities if you have American Express Platinum, with Priority Pass.
You can get a day room at the Sheraton Airport, connected by bridge to the terminal, for a decent rate, so you and your family can rest better than in a lounge.
With 10 hours you have plenty of opportunities to visit Frankfurt, I am sure that some other FTers will be happy to offer advice
Old Apr 22, 2013, 1:04 pm

Welcome to FT, rocktheroad!

Just to add to what afmiami already wrote, the last admission to the Welcome Lounge is 12:30pm so your intercontinental flight has to arrive in the morning.

If you cannot access the lounge, Frankfurt Airport's website lists a variety of things you can do during your layover.
http://www.frankfurt-airport.com/con.../stopover.html
Old Apr 30, 2013, 12:19 pm

Programs: SPG Gold, 1K, Marriott Gold
Unhappy UA codeshare on LH metal. No soup for you!

No access for me according that chart. Bummer, thats what I get for buying a UA codeshare C ticket on LH metal.
Old Apr 30, 2013, 5:57 pm

Programs: AS 75K,UA Gold 1.6MM, Hilton Dia, Marriott LT Plat, Hyatt Glb, Natl Exec, Hertz 5*
Originally Posted by javaman47
No access for me according that chart. Bummer, thats what I get for buying a UA codeshare C ticket on LH metal.
?? From what I read here, as long as you are C on an LH metal flight you are OK, regardless of codeshare. I hope so, I plan to try tomorrow under just these circumstances. I think what is meant by no codeshare is if you are on an LH codeshare flight on another airline, although I think it was mentioned above that UA flights are now allowed?
Old Apr 30, 2013, 6:01 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K 1.8MM, Hertz PC, Marriott Platinum/Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by javaman47
Your boarding pass will show LH flight number. You will have access as you are travelling on LH metal.
The rule applies to non-LH metal flights that are sold as codeshare.
Old Apr 30, 2013, 6:16 pm

Programs: US (Silver, *A Silver), AA, Starbucks (Gold)
Originally Posted by afmiami
With 10 hours you have plenty of opportunities to visit Frankfurt, I am sure that some other FTers will be happy to offer advice
^ It's not Changi but FRA is a great airport to spend a few hours in. Just remember: follow the signs!
Old Apr 30, 2013, 6:59 pm

Programs: SPG Gold, 1K, Marriott Gold
Talking

Originally Posted by UAPremExecflyer
Your boarding pass will show LH flight number. You will have access as you are travelling on LH metal.
The rule applies to non-LH metal flights that are sold as codeshare.
Thanks for the clarification UAPremExecflyer. I didnt realize the codeshare meant LH codeshare on non LH metal. That makes sense. Looking forward to enjoying the Welcome Lounge! ^
Old May 11, 2013, 9:31 am

Programs: AS MVPG
Is this true (from Lufthansa.com)?

"(2) The following passengers may also access the Lufthansa Welcome Lounge at Frankfurt Airport:
- Passengers of United Airlines (First and Business Class and Global Services cardholders) and Continental Airlines (Business Class) arriving in Frankfurt
- Passengers arriving in Frankfurt after a Lufthansa intercontinental flight (First and Business Class) via Dusseldorf or Munich"

Bolding Mine.

Edit: nervermind, I see it upthread. Would be useful if the current lounge access rules were posted in the OP of this thread or in a sticky.

Last edited by spgaston; May 11, 2013 at 9:41 am
Old May 20, 2013, 11:49 pm

Programs: LH FTL
I'm arriving to Frankfurt from LAX (LH457) and have a 6 hours layover until my flight to MAD.

Since I'm arriving at 11:00 AM I got some time to go to the Welcome Lounge and enjoy... AFAIK it closes at 12:30 PM, so I only get to enjoy for lets see, one hour or hour and a half since I still need to move from the gate till the lounge which if I'm not mistaken is in another pier. After that, what Business Lounge do you guys recommend me to use to wait for my next flight?

I'll certainly take shower and have breakfast in the WL and would love to watch some movies, relax and sleep a little bit before my next flight. Is it complimentary the Wi-Fi in the Business Lounge?

Thanks guys!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.