The access rules:

Print Wikipost

"Welcome" arrivals lounge in FRA

Search this Thread

Old Jan 27, 2009, 5:37 am
Original Poster

Programs: LH, AF, AB, SQ
Thumbs up "Welcome" arrivals lounge in FRA

Hello. Couldn't find anything on it here. Today LH opened a new F and C lounge at FRA's concourse B. With 28 showers and ironing service!^

German language link with pics:
http://www.flugrevue.de/de/zivilluft...ounge.7386.htm
Old Jan 27, 2009, 5:53 am

Programs: TK elite & BA Gold
Thank you for the link with pictures.

But the topic is already discussed here:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/miles...l#post11076006

Post 4928 and onward...
Old Jan 27, 2009, 6:12 am
Original Poster

Red face

I see. I tried to search before.
Sometimes it's confusing. For example up here this forum's headline includes "Swiss" and others but then again there's the separate "Swiss subforum". And then you get all those terms like "LX" or whatever for stuff. I'm certainly not intending to double-post everything here.
Old Jan 27, 2009, 1:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 2MM/GS; SPG Lifetime Plat; MHC Lifetime; Tar Heel forever; and I "Dig the Pig" at Piggly Wiggly
F will have to dine and bathe with C?

Old Jan 29, 2009, 2:52 am
Original Poster

You will share a bathtub each time, one F pax and one C pax each.
C has to sit on the plug.
Old Jan 29, 2009, 6:03 am

Programs: lh sen
Originally Posted by Longlegs
You will share a bathtub each time, one F pax and one C pax each.
C has to sit on the plug.

And only one duck! Guess who will get it?
Old Jan 29, 2009, 7:19 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
The new FRA Welcome Lounge is classed as a business lounge according to lh.com (when it's functioning). F pax will not only have to share a bathtub and a duckie with C pax but also with Y pax who are HON, SEN or FTL . I hope the bathtub (in a BIZ lounge) is large enough!
Old Jan 29, 2009, 8:37 am
Original Poster

Y will have to recycle the bathtub water that was used by F and C before. Put in three FTLs each.
Old Feb 5, 2009, 11:15 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AC E, *G x2, BMI Silver, SPG Platinum, Hyatt Diamond, PC Platinum, Hilton Gold
Do *Golds have access to the welcome lounge?
Old Feb 5, 2009, 11:27 pm

Programs: AA, LH FTL, BA, US, DL, UA, AF, Hilton, Priority Pass, Priority Club
Originally Posted by Golden Toque
Do *Golds have access to the welcome lounge?
It does not appear so. After running searches on Lufthansa's lounge finder, it only shows up under HON, SEN, FTL, F and C, but it does not show up under *G.
Old Feb 6, 2009, 1:08 am

Programs: UA 1K, AC E, *G x2, BMI Silver, SPG Platinum, Hyatt Diamond, PC Platinum, Hilton Gold
Thanks, originally I did not see it on their page, but it must have been before they added it for the LH members. Was hoping someone would have walked by and seen a *G sign though
Old Feb 12, 2009, 3:14 am

Been there yesterday morning. Less then 5 people there at 6 AM.
Very nice design. Buffet is nice, but wasn't full at that time (no hot offerings).
Showers are great.
Old Feb 12, 2009, 5:13 pm

Location: Northern Ireland (in spirit), but much more likely GB or Europe.
Programs: EI Aer Club, IB Plus, BA EC, AAdvantage
The LX arrivals lounge in ZRH is F/C/HON/SEN/FTL only, arrivals lounges aren't under the *A agreements. I would imagine the new LH FRA lounge operates off the same rulebook.
Old Feb 12, 2009, 11:55 pm
Moderator: InterContinental Hotels and Germany

I have been there returning from BKK at 05:45 and was the second person. Still not very full 30 minutes later.

Talked about the lounge to the lounge agents (they have outsourced staff at the entrance - wearing a pin with the Kötter logo) and two LH agent. I was told that still not many passengers are aware of this lounge. The design is nice (I am only missing some windows) and the shower rooms are really nice. As I had only a very short time, this was the perfect place for me to take a shower, change from the casual jeans-t-shirt-outfit into a business-shirt outfit. The only hassle is, that around 06:20 the security checks are a nightmare in Frankfurt.

As far as I remember Hon are allowed all the times, First / Business Class Passengers as well as SEN and FTL of intercontinental flights SEN / FTL only after an intercontinental flight. IIRC Star Gold Passengers were allowed under the same rules than SEN and FTL, but I might be wrong.
Old Feb 13, 2009, 1:07 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by FLYGVA
IIRC Star Gold Passengers were allowed under the same rules than SEN and FTL, but I might be wrong.
Not according to LH's lounge finder...

According to the same source the following restrictions apply for other categories of pax eligible to use the lounge (including HONs):

for incoming LH passengers only
Access only with LH intercontinental boarding pass (Flight-No. LH 401 - 799 or LH arrivals from ALG, BEY, CMN, GOJ, KUF, KZN, PEE, SVX, TUN, UFA)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.