Old Sep 9, 2013, 8:43 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: oliver2002
The access rules:

Print Wikipost

"Welcome" arrivals lounge in FRA

Search this Thread

Old Mar 12, 2011, 6:44 pm

Is 2h20min enough time for the Welcome Lounge?

Hi All - I will soon be flying IAD-FRA-TLV and was wondering if 2h20m is enough time to visit the Welcome Lounge? It sounds like a great place for a shower and breakfast.

If not, what is my best C or *G lounge option?

Many thanks!

sfdc
Old Mar 12, 2011, 8:51 pm

Programs: Airlines: UA-CO, NH, AA, and DL Hotels: SPG, Accor, PC, and Marriott
Originally Posted by sfdc
Hi All - I will soon be flying IAD-FRA-TLV and was wondering if 2h20m is enough time to visit the Welcome Lounge? It sounds like a great place for a shower and breakfast.

If not, what is my best C or *G lounge option?

Many thanks!

sfdc
Theoretically I think 2h20 should be enough time to waltz in and out, although I would prefer to clear security then go to the lounge, in which case there are SEN lounges at FRA you could use.
Old Mar 12, 2011, 10:36 pm

Go for it! 2 hours is plenty of time. I never had to wait for a shower and it's a very nice lounge!
Old Mar 13, 2011, 1:03 pm

Programs: LH SEN, BA Gold, DL Gold
Especially as there is no waiting time for the shower in the Welcome Lounge.

Security checks for re-entering the gate area are for the TLV flight (C Gates) not the problem, as you're avoiding the A Gates security checks during morning rush hour with long queues.

taigatrommel
Old Mar 15, 2011, 3:53 pm

I have to go JFK - FRA - KIX on LH.. Which Lounge is better option? If I don't use the lounge. Do you guys think I have time to pick up a nice Rimowa luggage on the way ?? Or is there anywhere that I can order one and pick up / shipped nearby FRA?
Old Mar 16, 2011, 5:08 am

Programs: LH HON* || HH Diamond || Accor Gold
Originally Posted by anchor79
I have to go JFK - FRA - KIX on LH.. Which Lounge is better option? If I don't use the lounge. Do you guys think I have time to pick up a nice Rimowa luggage on the way ?? Or is there anywhere that I can order one and pick up / shipped nearby FRA?
Depends on your status and the cabin you travel in. Welcome Lounge (open until midday or so) will have, as a rule, less people and, therefore, shorter queues for showers. Business lounge is OK (if you fly C or hold FTL); SEN lounge will have slightly better food comparing to Business lounge (access if you are SEN or *G). If you are HON or fly F, then by all means First Class Terminal and/or FCL.

You can order Rimowa via FRA Heinemann duty free shop online and pick it up on your way to KIX.
Old Mar 16, 2011, 1:39 pm

Originally Posted by sfdc
Hi All - I will soon be flying IAD-FRA-TLV and was wondering if 2h20m is enough time to visit the Welcome Lounge? sfdc
I am doing the same route but going IAD-FRA in F and FRA-TLV in C. Is FCL a better option to the welcome lounge? Do they drive you to the plane for TLV flights from FCL?

Ironmanjay
Old Mar 17, 2011, 5:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by NewbieRunner
No, it wasn't a mistake. UA and CO now have arrangements with LH (i.e. they pay!) for their premium class pax to use the Welcome Lounge.

http://www.lufthansa.com/de/en/Loung...%20information
What about US Business Class pax and Star Alliance Gold arriving on US? There seems to be conflicting information in this thread.
Old Mar 17, 2011, 6:14 pm
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by SkyTeam777
What about US Business Class pax and Star Alliance Gold arriving on US? There seems to be conflicting information in this thread.
Rules should be reasonably clear.

Passengers arriving on LH longhaul flights in F or C, as well as M&M status passengers arriving in any class on LH longhaul flights have access to the lounge. Plus the following:

Passengers of United Airlines (First and Business Class and Global Services cardholders) and Continental Airlines (Business Class) are entitled to use the Welcome Lounge on landing at Frankfurt.

Passengers landing at Frankfurt after a SWISS long-haul flight (First and Business Class) via Zurich or Geneva also have access to the Welcome Lounge.

Passengers landing at Frankfurt after a Lufthansa long-haul flight (First and Business Class) via Dusseldorf or Munich may also use the Welcome Lounge.
Old Mar 17, 2011, 8:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by NewbieRunner
Rules should be reasonably clear.

Passengers arriving on LH longhaul flights in F or C, as well as M&M status passengers arriving in any class on LH longhaul flights have access to the lounge. Plus the following:
Yes, that's what the web site says, but others are saying US is getting access as they have been admitted. So Im not sure what the latest access rules are. Since the SEN/BIZ lounges dont have sleeping areas, Welcome Lounge is really important in my opinion for longer connections.
Old Mar 18, 2011, 2:04 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Originally Posted by SkyTeam777
Yes, that's what the web site says, but others are saying US is getting access as they have been admitted. So Im not sure what the latest access rules are.
I suggest you ask US whether they have made any arrangement for their pax to access the Welcome Lounge.

Since the SEN/BIZ lounges dont have sleeping areas, Welcome Lounge is really important in my opinion for longer connections.
The "sleeping area" in the Welcome Lounge is simply an area separated by a glazed partition with reclining chairs. AFAIK it's not even darker than the rest of the lounge unlike "sleeping areas" in some SEN/BIZ lounges. Unfortunately I can't remember if the FRA SEN Lounge B had a "sleeping area" or not.
Old Aug 7, 2011, 11:55 am

Programs: too many
Welcome Lounge - Restricted Access also for HON?

Situation: HON arriving with TG (Ticket and metal) at 6 am in FRA, terminating there. Wishing to shower somewhere.

After reading (part of) the tons of lounge related threads, I did not find the direct response. Only that Welcome Lounge in general is only open to LH metal arrivals (F, C and status) - but also that HON has access to any LH lounge irrespective of actual ticket.

So I relied on the second, and was promptly denied access. Now I wonder:
- Has this always been handled this way, or is it another enhancement?
- Was this a mistake of the lounge staff?
- Would there be any other facility that HON can access when arriving non-Schengen on Non-LH?
- Would this be of interest to be added to the lounge guides?

Thanks!
Old Aug 7, 2011, 12:14 pm

Lounge access rules for HON on lufthansa.com seem quite clear to me.

Welcome Lounge: Valid HON Circle Member Card and boarding pass for an arriving Lufthansa flight
First Class Lounge: Valid HON Circle Member Card and boarding pass for an arriving/departing Lufthansa/Star/partner flight

So it seems you have access to a First Class Lounge but not to the Welcome Lounge.
Old Aug 8, 2011, 9:15 am

Programs: LH SEN, QR Platinum, Bonvoy Plat, GHA Black, Hyatt Globalist
Not offering an arrival lounge for all F/C pax is still a clear disadvantage for TG and SQ.

When I arrive at 6 a.m. in FRA I usually go straight to my office and then I need a shower before.

The only way to get access to SEN Lounge then seems to book a dummy onward flight to STR, CGN. Though the fare is usually equal, this costs extra YQ.
Old Aug 8, 2011, 9:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON, BA Gold, EK Gold
Originally Posted by Olip
Not offering an arrival lounge for all F/C pax is still a clear disadvantage for TG and SQ.

When I arrive at 6 a.m. in FRA I usually go straight to my office and then I need a shower before.

The only way to get access to SEN Lounge then seems to book a dummy onward flight to STR, CGN. Though the fare is usually equal, this costs extra YQ.
There's a public shower in FRA T1 landside between A and B.
IIRC they charge €6 for a shower.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.