Old Sep 9, 2013, 8:43 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: oliver2002
The access rules:

Print Wikipost

"Welcome" arrivals lounge in FRA

Search this Thread

Old Oct 19, 2012, 2:50 pm
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by sunshine-state
What does the C/CI Arriving Intercontinental BP for the LH/LX/CO/UA C Class section mean? I might be connecting through FRA from the US and on to Greece for an upcoming trip, and would be flying in Business Class on either UA or LH, so I think I'd have access to the Arrivals Lounge, but I'm just a little confused at what C/CI means. If it makes a difference, it'd be an award in Business Class.
I think it's C/Cl rather than C/CI, in other words C Class. A Business Class arriving intercontinental BP on LH/LX/UA/(CO) will let you into the Welcome Lounge.
Old Oct 19, 2012, 2:53 pm

Programs: UA Premier Gold, TK Elite Card, AF Gold Medallion
Originally Posted by NewbieRunner
I think it's C/Cl rather than C/CI, in other words C Class. A Business Class arriving intercontinental BP on LH/LX/UA/(CO) will let you into the Welcome Lounge.
Oh, as in short for "C Class"? I think that might make sense because above, the F/Cl (which I otherwise would have read as F/CI) would be "F Class."
Old Oct 19, 2012, 2:56 pm
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Oh, as in short for "C Class"?
Yes, if you look higher up the table: F/Cl = F Class.
Old Oct 19, 2012, 2:59 pm

Yes, if you look higher up the table: F/Cl = F Class.
Ok, it's all making sense now. Just to clarify, the C and F Classes are just abbreviations for Business and First, not actual booking classes (as in full paid C or full paid F). I'll be arriving on an award ticket, so as long as I'm ticketed in Business, I should be good, right?
Old Oct 19, 2012, 3:03 pm

Ok, it's all making sense now. Just to clarify, the C and F Classes are just abbreviations for Business and First, not actual booking classes (as in full paid C or full paid F). I'll be arriving on an award ticket, so as long as I'm ticketed in Business, I should be good, right?
Correct. C and F are Business and First travel classes and not booking classes.
Old Oct 19, 2012, 6:41 pm

Correct. C and F are Business and First travel classes and not booking classes.
Perfect, thanks for all the clarifications!
Old Dec 26, 2012, 1:33 am

Programs: RVT 1K
If you are arriving in LH F you can use the First Class Lounge as an arrival lounge. If your flight arrives at a Z gate, go through passport control by gate Z25 and the First Class Lounge is on your left on the same level. Much nicer breakfast and showers than in the Welcome Lounge. ^

They will keep your suitcase until you go down to baggage claim to collect it.

I am arriving in FRA in LH F...if I want to go spend a few hours in FCL to grab a shower and kill some time before checking into my hotel how do I get my luggage held....do you just notify staff when you enter the lounge?

I will have two checked bags.

Thanks!
Old Dec 26, 2012, 6:38 am
htb

Programs: UA*G(1K), PC Diamond Amb, Marriott Titanium, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by RS250Racer
I am arriving in FRA in LH F...if I want to go spend a few hours in FCL to grab a shower and kill some time before checking into my hotel how do I get my luggage held....do you just notify staff when you enter the lounge?
Tell the staff when you enter the lounge or do nothing. The bags will be removed from the belt and placed near it, and after a while they will be locked away in a room.

HTB.
Old Dec 26, 2012, 4:06 pm

Originally Posted by RS250Racer

I will have two checked bags.

Thanks!
Where are you arriving from? Since my post (from June 2012) quoted above the FCL has moved from next to Z25 to the central atrium area between the old and new A piers. The new FCL is in Schengen (after passport control) as was the old FCL A. There is also a non-Schengen FCL above B22.

Hope you will be able to persuade transfer security to let you go to the FCL on arrival without a BP for a connecting flight.
Old Dec 27, 2012, 2:45 am

Programs: RVT 1K
Where are you arriving from? Since my post (from June 2012) quoted above the FCL has moved from next to Z25 to the central atrium area between the old and new A piers. The new FCL is in Schengen (after passport control) as was the old FCL A. There is also a non-Schengen FCL above B22.

Hope you will be able to persuade transfer security to let you go to the FCL on arrival without a BP for a connecting flight.
Arrived at Z gates...and after a quick look did not see it, went through passport control and found the new one...(atrium area) have not been to this one before, its nice, few people and quiet.

Thanks again for the helpful info!
Old Dec 27, 2012, 3:27 am
htb

Programs: UA*G(1K), PC Diamond Amb, Marriott Titanium, Accor Platinum
I was confused when I arrived at a Z gate earlier and wanted to go to a lounge. I had to go through security and the entrances were staffed by boarding pass checking staff. However, they gave me no trouble whatsoever when I told them I only wanted to go to the lounge... Which confused me even more

HTB.
Old Feb 10, 2013, 11:23 am

Programs: UA Gold-MM, AA Gold-MM, F9-Silver, Hyatt Something, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond
I'll be arriving on Air China. PEK-FRA in First.

Any chance I will get lounge access, either officially or out of the goodness of their heart?
Old Feb 10, 2013, 4:59 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K 1.8MM, Hertz PC, Marriott Platinum/Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by hobo13
I'll be arriving on Air China. PEK-FRA in First.

Any chance I will get lounge access, either officially or out of the goodness of their heart?
Unless Air China has negotiated access, I'm afraid you won't have any.
Take a look at post #228. It has the list of criteria of those who qualify for entry.

Last edited by UAPremExecflyer; Feb 10, 2013 at 5:01 pm Reason: added post #228
Old Feb 16, 2013, 8:26 pm

Programs: AA, HH, SPG, UA
Hope I'm posting in the right thread/forum...

We're travelling on Lufthansa and have about a 7 hour layover in Frankfurt.
I was hoping to get into a lounge (we're 5...including 3 kids). I dont think I qualify for free access in any. Booked award seats in economy using United miles. Although I have the Chase Ink, which includes the Lounge Club. After reading about all this, I believe I have access to the Luxx Lounge in Term 1?But it seems that the Luxx Lounge is landside, so does this mean I need to leave the secured area and pass through security on the way in for the connecting flight?
I have a few of the United Lounge Passes--from cc bonus (but I think those are only available to use in the US)

Is this so? Do I have any other options? I'm so confused!
Old Feb 16, 2013, 10:02 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K 1.8MM, Hertz PC, Marriott Platinum/Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by express3
Hope I'm posting in the right thread/forum...

We're travelling on Lufthansa and have about a 7 hour layover in Frankfurt.
I was hoping to get into a lounge (we're 5...including 3 kids). I dont think I qualify for free access in any. Booked award seats in economy using United miles. Although I have the Chase Ink, which includes the Lounge Club. After reading about all this, I believe I have access to the Luxx Lounge in Term 1?But it seems that the Luxx Lounge is landside, so does this mean I need to leave the secured area and pass through security on the way in for the connecting flight?
I have a few of the United Lounge Passes--from cc bonus (but I think those are only available to use in the US)

Is this so? Do I have any other options? I'm so confused!
I'm afraid you're not in the right thread.
If you want the Luxx Lounge, can I suggest this thread http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/miles...e-process.html
The Luxx Lounge is indeed landside and you will pass through security. Your UA lounge passes are indeed no good. Sorry.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.