Old Sep 9, 2013, 8:43 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: oliver2002
The access rules:

Print Wikipost

"Welcome" arrivals lounge in FRA

Search this Thread

Old Nov 3, 2013, 7:32 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by N1003U
If you are easily bored, I would consider alternative lounge accommodations. See one of the FRA connection threads in this forum for suggestions, such as here, where there is a great overview at the start of the thread from NewbieRunner of all of the fun things to see and do in airport at FRA, and what your connecting lounge options are).
Fun things? I've been known to plan a longer layover than necessary so I can explore different parts of FRA but I've never found anything that can be described as 'fun'.

Are you referring to the FRA lounge guide I (briefly) thought I might write to fill one of the reserved posts?
Old Nov 3, 2013, 7:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Thanks all - maybe I'll hit the Z SEN lounge then since it will be the easiest, and with a late arrival into FRA, will probably have had some breakfast on board already (thus less benefit of the WL).

If I'm feeling ambitious, maybe I'll go to B for a bit as well to try the new MLL as well as the SEN there. I've never done the tunnel to B so maybe will try that glorious experience

Originally Posted by NewbieRunner
Fun things? I've been known to plan a longer layover than necessary so I can explore different parts of FRA but I've never found anything that can be described as 'fun'.

Are you referring to the FRA lounge guide I (briefly) thought I might write to fill one of the reserved posts?
Please do write a guide! I'm sure inquiring minds would love to know the differences on aesthetics & amenities between the different Biz options, SEN options, esp. vis a vis the new MLL available too.
Old Nov 3, 2013, 7:51 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Originally Posted by UA-NYC
If I'm feeling ambitious, maybe I'll go to B for a bit as well to try the new MLL as well as the SEN there. I've never done the tunnel to B so maybe will try that glorious experience
But be warned. The tunnel is in Schengen, so you will have to go through passport control twice for the experience!
Old Nov 3, 2013, 8:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Originally Posted by NewbieRunner
But be warned. The tunnel is in Schengen, so you will have to go through passport control twice for the experience!
Thanks - I'll scrap that then and do the train...I'll try and do the Z SEN, B SEN, B MLL, and then C SEN then during my time
Old Nov 3, 2013, 8:36 am

Originally Posted by UA-NYC
Thanks - I'll scrap that then and do the train...I'll try and do the Z SEN, B SEN, B MLL, and then C SEN then during my time
And you can start writing your FRA lounge guide. I plan to visit the 'new' Schengen Business Lounge on Tuesday but I've only seen the entrance to the MLL and haven't been anywhere near the C lounges for a long time.
Old Nov 3, 2013, 9:00 am

If you're holding *G status, I would give a visit to the new AC lounge
Old Nov 3, 2013, 9:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by YuropFlyer
If you're holding *G status, I would give a visit to the new AC lounge
It's a highlight of mine every time I visit YYZ! FRA looks great too.
Old Nov 22, 2013, 2:18 am

Programs: LH Miles and More, DL SkyMiles, Bonvoy, Hilton
Originally Posted by econprof
More cost-cutting? Is the ironing service gone from the Welcome Lounge?
Must have been a temporary thing.

There was ironing service the last two times I was in the WL, including today. Fast service, and well done. ^
Old Nov 22, 2013, 2:19 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Dude there is an ironing service in the FCL as well!
Old Nov 22, 2013, 2:26 am

Originally Posted by oliver2002
I know. Had to leave a bag and a box at the luggage storage place (making a quick trip to AMS this afternoon ). Firmly ensconced in FCL A now...@:-)
Old Nov 22, 2013, 2:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Really?

I have never had this offered- it is something I have always appreciated with some other airlines where even in business class they press your suit and or/shirt for you on arrival (I am a big fan of the AC Maple Leaf Arrivals Lounge at Heathrow for example).
Old Nov 22, 2013, 2:49 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Originally Posted by TRAVELSIG
Really?
Yep, just ask the bathroom attendant. They have a little sign about that where you sign in for the shower. They also offer minor sewing tasks. ^
Old Nov 22, 2013, 2:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

They also offer minor sewing tasks. ^
I can just see this being added to the "Maximizer Thread":
"I bought 2 m of Zegna cloth in Verona and now when I fly back through Frankfurt I am going to ask them to make me a suit- how many hours do I need?"
Old Nov 22, 2013, 3:10 am

Lol. That said, I have quite a few shirts with buttons missing, I think I should take those along on my next trip
Old Nov 22, 2013, 3:21 am

Originally Posted by TRAVELSIG
I can just see this being added to the "Maximizer Thread":
"I bought 2 m of Zegna cloth in Verona and now when I fly back through Frankfurt I am going to ask them to make me a suit- how many hours do I need?"
Or buy the material straight from the mill in Thailand while on your *A RTW award, and save even more...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.