Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Lufthansa business class [merged] experience reports

Search this Thread

Old Jul 4, 2016, 10:46 pm

Programs: LX SEN, AFKL Platinum, BA Bronze,
Originally Posted by NewbieRunner
I have not flown on a 747 in new C but before the retrofit row 1 used to be one of the best. I expect it's the same with new C.

Similarly I only have experience of C on the upper deck of a 748i. Avoid the first row (too close to the lav) and the last row (too close to the galley) but otherwise all rows are similar. Some people prefer row 83 because nobody will grab the back of your seat to get up.
Having flown the B744 a few times in C after the retrofit, I confirm. In the nose row 1 is a nice choice especially as there are very few opportunities left to fly row 1 of a B744 now. No overhead baggage lockers though in row 1.
Old Jul 5, 2016, 12:39 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Originally Posted by Finkface
If you could choose either the A333 or the A346 in C, which would you take? Are the seats the same or is one better than the other?
Originally Posted by MichielR
There is no difference between the seats. The cabin lay-outs are similar if not identical.
The forward cabin in the A346 is larger (3 more rows) and row 10 in the 346 only has two middle seats. I prefer the quieter front cabin on the A346.
Old Jul 5, 2016, 12:45 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by MichielR
No overhead baggage lockers though in row 1.
There used to be a handy cupboard/closet in front of row 1 where you could store smaller carry-on items but I believe it has now gone.
Old Jul 5, 2016, 1:19 am

Programs: AS 75k, UA peon, BA Bronze, AC E50k, Marriott Plat, HH Diamond, Fairmont Plat (RIP)
Originally Posted by oliver2002
The forward cabin in the A346 is larger (3 more rows) and row 10 in the 346 only has two middle seats. I prefer the quieter front cabin on the A346.
Great, thanks all. I kind of figured they were the same. Made the change (shorter connection time now going via ORD) and now in 3a on the 346.
Old Jul 9, 2016, 1:41 pm

Business Class seat on A340-600

Need some advice here as this will be my first time flying with LH, especially on Business Class. I'm travelling solo and I googled and understand some of the seats have the feet face away from your neighbour. May I know which seat would that be and is there any difference at the bulkhead seats?

I will be flying from GRU to MUC. Looking forward for the advices from you experts
Old Jul 12, 2016, 8:32 am

Programs: SPG Plat, M&M SEN
Originally Posted by nivla83
Need some advice here as this will be my first time flying with LH, especially on Business Class. I'm travelling solo and I googled and understand some of the seats have the feet face away from your neighbour. May I know which seat would that be and is there any difference at the bulkhead seats?

I will be flying from GRU to MUC. Looking forward for the advices from you experts
AFAIK GRU - MUC is served by an A346

Check out the official LH seating plan for that aircraft and decide for yourself. There is a \\ /\ // setup in C so you can plan ahead and choose whatever you like. The (slim) chances are that you might end up getting a supermodel as a footsie partner/neighbor so I woudn't completely pass on that option

http://www.lufthansa.com/de/en/Seat-maps
Old Aug 2, 2016, 3:15 am

Lh713 icn-fra

Greetings,

First time LH business class traveler here. If I'm not in the right place, feel free to move/delete.

I have a few questions on what to expect on LH713 ICN-FRA.

1) Compared to Emirates and Korean Air A380 business class the seats and surroundings look kind of meager. Is this the case? The seats looks slimmer. I read one review from a blog that the seats are not "180° flat beds". They don't recline all the way down to a "bed position"?

2) Looking at the seat map on lufthansa.com there are some seats with a slightly different graphical appearance:
Is this just a graphical thingy or are this particular seat any different than the other ones? SeatGuru gave no special info on the seat.

3) Which lounges do I have access to in FRA?

Thanks a lot, and sorry if this has been asked before.
Old Aug 3, 2016, 12:30 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
1. They are fully flat and turn into a bed
2. The seat map shows some seats to be extended to illustrate how they look when fully flat
3. http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/lufth...e-do-i-go.html
Old Aug 3, 2016, 1:53 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by ILSdude
I have a few questions on what to expect on LH713 ICN-FRA.

<snip>

3) Which lounges do I have access to in FRA?
Do you have a connecting flight in FRA? Unless you have a connecting flight you don't have access to a lounge. There is an arrival lounge (Welcome Lounge) but it won't be open by the time LH713 arrives.
Old Aug 25, 2016, 9:36 am
ssh

Programs: UA 1K (MM), MR Plat Prem, Hertz Pres
I have an upcoming flight DEN-FRA (overnight) on the LH 747-400. It's a ways out, so there are many options for seating (although 4D is taken). In the past, I have enjoyed the upper deck, but had limited experience in the nose (since I rarely flew F, and the nose is F on UA). So, what are your thoughts on 1A v anything on the upper deck? Digging around the threads hasn't made it particularly clear. It appears that 1 doesn't have overhead bag storage, but there is/used to be a closet in front of it? I will have my normal roller and computer bag. I always liked the little storage next to the window on the upper deck for work items.

Recommendations and opinions on the options? Thank you!
Old Aug 26, 2016, 3:41 am

Programs: LH Miles and More, DL SkyMiles, Bonvoy, Hilton
Originally Posted by ssh
I have an upcoming flight DEN-FRA (overnight) on the LH 747-400. It's a ways out, so there are many options for seating (although 4D is taken). In the past, I have enjoyed the upper deck, but had limited experience in the nose (since I rarely flew F, and the nose is F on UA). So, what are your thoughts on 1A v anything on the upper deck? Digging around the threads hasn't made it particularly clear. It appears that 1 doesn't have overhead bag storage, but there is/used to be a closet in front of it? I will have my normal roller and computer bag. I always liked the little storage next to the window on the upper deck for work items.

Recommendations and opinions on the options? Thank you!
1A is IME a great seat, one of the quietest on board, and everything in the cabin is behind you (and to me thereby less distracting). There is a closet on the bulkhead right in the front in the middle of Row 1 that can be convenient if it is not already full of crap, and there are also a couple of shelves for small, light items (like a hat you don't want crushed in an overhead by the idiot who never looks before he throws a giant carry-on on top of it). Maybe not as convenient as window storage, but IME better than an overhead (which is also available).

Upstairs is considered by some (including me) to be bit more intimate (many recommend avoiding rows 81 and 82 due to proximity to lavatory and associated riff raff waiting for said lav. Rows 83-85 seem to be the most desirable for most people who have expressed opinions to me. Some claim the back rows are noisier because of the galley, others say it doesn't matter. I have not noticed a huge difference heading toward the back. Upstairs is tends to have a bit higher background noise floor due to less isolation from above, and the aerodynamics on the back of the "hump".

Edit: upon review of a few photos posted higher up in this thread, it appears that the closet at the front of lower-deck cabin has been eliminated with the conversion to New C.

Last edited by N1003U; Aug 27, 2016 at 4:09 pm
Old Aug 26, 2016, 8:41 am
ssh

Programs: UA 1K (MM), MR Plat Prem, Hertz Pres
Sounds like I really can't lose! It's been a long time since I've been on a 74, but I have two upcoming flights on them (one on LH and one on UA). I think I'll stay in 1A for the LH flight and upstairs for the UA flight. Thanks, so much!
Old Aug 26, 2016, 9:06 am

Do any of rows 83-85 have extra legroom enabling a window passenger to get to the aisle without disturbing his neighbour?
Old Aug 26, 2016, 10:20 am

Programs: LX SEN, AFKL Platinum, BA Bronze,
Originally Posted by duan
Do any of rows 83-85 have extra legroom enabling a window passenger to get to the aisle without disturbing his neighbour?
No. No window C seat on LH longhaul has direct or otherwise easy aisle access for that matter.
Old Aug 26, 2016, 11:51 am

Thanks for the quick response but what blocks easy aisle access from the seats in the emergency access row on the upper deck?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.