Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Lufthansa business class [merged] experience reports

Search this Thread

Old Feb 5, 2017, 7:23 pm

Programs: Miles & More, Victoria
Following your advices, I have just tried now to change my seat to the upper deck window seat (one from the two still available, 87K and 88K), just to find out that "the seatmap is not available" (the flight departs now in less than 48 hours, so I think the seats are all blocked before the online check-in begins)

Well, I will wait until the time to OLCI and perhaps these two seats are still available (Why I did not take one of these seats as soon I had the oportunity is beyond me: the adjacent aisle seats were also still available!! )

Otherwise, I will be content with the 10D. I had already took this seat once (op-up); there is a good extra leg room and the proximity to the galleys do not bother me. ^^
Old Feb 8, 2017, 2:43 pm

Programs: Miles & More, Victoria
Hi all,

Just for sharing my experience, when the on line check-in was open, there was no more availability for a window seat in the upper deck, so I took the 8K window seat, even knowing that there was still a pax seating in 8H.

Well, it turns out that it is not super difficult to get out of a window seat in LH business class when the neighboor pax in the aisle seat is sleeping in the full flat position, EXCEPT if he is sleeping his legs flexed at a 45 degree angle, with his knees up!! Something like O__/\_!!!!

In a 11h30min flight (LH 507 GRU x FRA), I spent the first two or so hours after dinner without aisle access, and I could only get out of the seat when the fellow pax waked up to go to the toillet! Well, after that, I think he realized that I could not get out and began to sleep in a more "mormal" way, so I could have access to the corridor just climbig over him, LOL.

What was funny is that this pax was even shorter than me (I am 1,67 m), so leg room was not an issue for him to sleep in that position!

Well, excpet for this singular situation, everything was fine, good food and drinks and excellent service! Very attentive FAs. At dinner, the purser greeted every passenger and asked if everything was fine and if the glasses were being refilled
Old Mar 10, 2017, 1:05 pm

Best Place to Sit in Business on Airbus A330-300 (V3)

Hello,

In June I will be flying Lufthansa in business class for the first time FRA-DFW. I usually fly United and I quickly learned that not all business class seats are created equal. Some seats offer considerably more room for your legs/feet, some seats are impacted more by the curve of the place, etc.

With that said, I was wondering if there was any insight on what the best seat on this plane is? I am 6'3" so the more length while laying flat/wider area for my feet the better. On United, that means always booking on of the bulk heads on an 787, never sitting up stairs on a 747, etc. Is this them same on this plane? Any other hints? The good news is I am used to the United product, so my expectations are not super high, I just want to be as comfortable as possible. This will also be my wife's first long haul flight, so I want her experience to be as comfortable as possible as well.
Old Mar 10, 2017, 2:12 pm

I think LH seats are pretty uniform across the whole cabin (no significant extra leg space at the bulkhead etc).
Old Mar 11, 2017, 12:09 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
In the A330, the pitch in the last row of the front cabin is a bit larger because they had extra space. In row 14-16 the space between the cabin wall and the seats is a bit more, so your feet have a bit more space if you are at a window seat.
Old Mar 12, 2017, 1:47 am

Programs: BA, AA, SQ, UA, AC, WS, MR TIT
I couldn't believe that Iran Air would come with a better J seat than LH and LX combined

http://www.airliners.net/photo/Iran-...30-243/4262315

Isn't it the time LH management would change their strategy toward J hard product and install better seats in J cabin than the current ones ASAP?
Old Mar 12, 2017, 3:36 am

Programs: A3*G, LH FTL, VS Red, Avis Preferred, Hertz President's Circle, (RIP Diamond Club)
Originally Posted by NA-Flyer
I couldn't believe that Iran Air would come with a better J seat than LH and LX combined

Isn't it the time LH management would change their strategy toward J hard product and install better seats in J cabin than the current ones ASAP?
But do Iran Air have a F product? Lufthansa can't make the J product too good or they will struggle to upsell to F.
Old Mar 12, 2017, 5:12 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

IR is currently buying anything that is readily available, and not necessarily investing much time into customizing anything. The A321 are aircraft ordered by Avianca previously, the A330 were built for a Libyan carrier and were stored in TEV for two years.
Old Mar 16, 2017, 6:29 am

Any recommendation where not to sit on the A333 Business only?
Seatguru is outdated - only shows the configs with first class.
We are currently in 1D/1G. Are there toilets next to it?
IAD - MUC

Thank you
Old Mar 16, 2017, 7:19 am

Its not very clear if LH retain the lavatories up front, first reports say there is none in front. I personally don't like the first row as you have to stick your legs in a cubby hole and the IFE screens are mounted weirdly.
Old Mar 20, 2017, 3:21 pm

Programs: LH SENATOR
Originally Posted by NA-Flyer

LH will roll out a completely new C Class product with the introduction of the new triple 7's in 2020. As I understood this product is aimed to be rolled out across the entire LH group of airlnes (LH, LX, OS and SN). The product supposedly is Going to be a further development of the current C Class cabin of the LX Triple 7's
Old Mar 25, 2017, 12:57 pm

Programs: A3*G, LH FTL, VS Red, Avis Preferred, Hertz President's Circle, (RIP Diamond Club)
OZ vs LH, FRA-ICN-FRA

Just arrived at FRA from ICN on LH713 in C on a 747-400. The outbound journey was in C on an OZ A380. I definitely preferred the OZ hard product as the seat was more comfortable and all seats had direct aisle access. The food was better on LH, and being on the top deck felt special.
Old Mar 25, 2017, 2:24 pm

Originally Posted by roberino
Just arrived at FRA from ICN on LH713 in C on a 747-400. The outbound journey was in C on an OZ A380. I definitely preferred the OZ hard product as the seat was more comfortable and all seats had direct aisle access. The food was better on LH, and being on the top deck felt special.
I love the 747-400 on LH ... it feels like a private plane. But yes, I would say direct aisle access trumps that.
Old Mar 26, 2017, 2:26 am

Programs: UA 1K (MM), DL, AA, AS, HHonors, SPG, Kimpton, Hyatt, IC PC, Marriott Titanium (LT PLT), Hertz PC
Originally Posted by noname83
IAD - MUC

Thank you
I had the same question for the same route. Currently in 3K, but was thinking about moving to 1D or 1G *just in case* the aircraft was swapped for one with an F cabin.
Old Mar 27, 2017, 1:52 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by GBadger
Originally Posted by noname83
IAD - MUC

Thank you
I had the same question for the same route. Currently in 3K, but was thinking about moving to 1D or 1G *just in case* the aircraft was swapped for one with an F cabin.
lufthansa.com is your friend. There are no toilets in the front of the Business only A333 according to this seatmap.

http://www.lufthansa.com/mediapool/p...1065563446.pdf

Last edited by NewbieRunner; Mar 27, 2017 at 2:06 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.