Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Lufthansa business class [merged] experience reports

Search this Thread

Old Dec 24, 2016, 8:04 pm

Hey guys. Trying to select seats for my wife and I on the 744 from mco to fra on 12/29. I remember some seats are angled towards each other and others are parallel. Can anybody shed some light on which ones those are? Thanks
Old Dec 25, 2016, 9:09 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold, Starwood Gold
Haven't flown Lufthansa in quite some time. Are all business class 2-2-2 or do some routes have direct aisle access in business class? This thread says new/upgraded but it's already years old. Appreciate the help.
Old Dec 26, 2016, 1:44 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
LH has the same C seat installed in all their widebodies, its 2-2-2 and 2-3-2 (in the 744). This thread talks about the retrofit that was done 2012-14.
Old Jan 25, 2017, 12:21 am

Originally Posted by MichielR
Having flown the B744 a few times in C after the retrofit, I confirm. In the nose row 1 is a nice choice especially as there are very few opportunities left to fly row 1 of a B744 now. No overhead baggage lockers though in row 1.
Why is row 1 a better choice than say 85A/C in upper deck? Traveling with my wife. I'm guessing row 1 bulkhead has more footroom?
Old Jan 25, 2017, 11:03 am

Programs: LX SEN, AFKL Platinum, BA Bronze,
Originally Posted by yettie10ff
Why is row 1 a better choice than say 85A/C in upper deck? Traveling with my wife. I'm guessing row 1 bulkhead has more footroom?
Indeed. Row 1 on the B744 has a very wide space for your feet, no "footsie" issues unlike on the UD. 1A can climb over 1C more easily due to the setup of the bulkhead which is more sturdy than a seatback to hold on to.

That is all more important if travelling alone, less to when you wife is your seat neighbor. Then the "exclusivity" of the UD might become a factor, very much dependent on personal preferences.
Old Jan 26, 2017, 8:45 pm
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
B744 doesn't have any footsie seats? (except maybe 11/12/14 GE)
Old Jan 26, 2017, 10:36 pm

Programs: LX SEN, AFKL Platinum, BA Bronze,
Originally Posted by oliver2002
B744 doesn't have any footsie seats? (except maybe 11/12/14 GE)
Correct, only the middle block indeed, my mistake.
Old Jan 30, 2017, 6:51 am

Programs: Miles & More, Victoria
B747-8i

Hello, flyertalkers!

Could someone explain me something regarding the business class in LH B747-8i? I have seen that in this aircraft the seats 7G and 8G are generally blocked for seat assignment, because these are seats reserved for people with special needs (marked as "handicap" in amadeus systen in those threads about availability).

So my question is what is the difference between the standard business seats from these marked as "handicap"? Or it is just a normal seat with a standard block waiting the booking from people with special needs?

I am asking this question because I had bid for an upgrade (myoffer) for a flight next week and I see that the seat availability in business is decreasing, but these seats 7G and 8G are still available (although blocked). If I get the upgrade, I would only be able to choose a seat at on-line check-in, and I would prefer not to take the blocked seats in 4AC and 4HK and 10AC and 10HK, for these are bulkhead seats with diminished legroom.

Of course, all this in the eventual possibility to be granted the requested upgrade!
Old Feb 2, 2017, 9:46 am

Programs: A3*G, LH FTL, VS Red, Avis Preferred, Hertz President's Circle, (RIP Diamond Club)
J on LH713 - what to expect

A rare miles redemption means I'm flying in J from MAN-FRA-ICN rtn soon. Outbound FRA-ICN is on OZ metal but return is on LH713. Can anyone tell me (or tell me how to find out) what kind of seat I will be on this flight? The new ones on the website look great but not sure if they're installed on this plane.
Old Feb 2, 2017, 10:09 am

Every LH plane has the new seats. They're not great, but it certainly beats coach.

I'd suggest trying to get a window seat upstairs.
Old Feb 2, 2017, 2:28 pm

Programs: A3*G, LH FTL, VS Red, Avis Preferred, Hertz President's Circle, (RIP Diamond Club)
Originally Posted by Lack
Every LH plane has the new seats. They're not great, but it certainly beats coach.

I'd suggest trying to get a window seat upstairs.
Booked! Thanks
Old Feb 5, 2017, 8:34 am

Programs: Miles & More, Victoria
Hello,

As a solo traveler, it would be difficult to get out from a window seat in C cabin from a LH B747-8i to go to the toilet or simply walk a little when the neighboor pax is sleeping in the full flat position?

I have just recieved my upgade from PE to C via My Offer and there is some 8 free window seats in the main deck and 2 window seat at the upper deck.

I have chosen by now the 10D seat at the middle of the main deck, just because has extra leg room and no obstacle to get out of the seat, but I am basically a window seat pax, so I would like to know if it would be easy to go out anf come back to a window seat without disturbing the aisle seat pax!

Thanks in advance!
Old Feb 5, 2017, 11:05 am

Programs: KrisFlyer Gold>>>Silver>>>Blue, Finnair Silver, Royal Caribbean Diamond
I have an upcoming flight on the A380 in biz with roughly the same question - as a single traveller that likes to wander off for a short walk or fetch their own drink, should I stay away from the window seats and just choose a place in the middle row? Is getting out going to be a pain once any passenger seated next to me goes into "sleep mode?"
Old Feb 5, 2017, 11:06 am

Programs: LH SEN, AF Gold
I would pick a window seat in the upper deck. There is a nice big bin beside the seat where you can store a lot of stuff. You have a good view out of the window and the upper deck is more quiet in my opinion.
Stepping out to the aisle is ok, but I have long legs, so less of an issue for me. But even for a smaller person it's doable as well, especially if the window seat is put in a more flat position as well.
Old Feb 5, 2017, 11:30 am

Programs: Marriott Plat, Hyatt Globalist, DL Plat, UA Silver
I just always go with upper deck because I'm not sure how much longer there will be an upper deck in aviation. Upperdeck is better 99% of the time.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.