Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Lufthansa business class [merged] experience reports

Search this Thread

Old Mar 22, 2018, 3:04 am

Programs: BA, AA, SQ, UA, AC, WS, MR TIT
Three days ago I flew UA new Polaris seat from SFO to FRA on the 77W and then connecting to LH FRA to DXB in business class on a 744.

I have to admit that LH has everything good except the hard product. The seat in J class is terrible and it feels like sitting on a bus seat not a business class seat.
Old Mar 22, 2018, 3:32 pm

Programs: LH HON
Unfortunately had to fly Lufthansa a couple of times in the past weeks. Frankly speaking nothing has changed compared to my last intensive journeys (when we were still going with *A) with the Germans. Hard product is laughable, service is alright; yet I agree with the robotic, cold but efficient service methods. Meal service takes forever and is pathetic in it's execution. There wasn't a single flight (YYZ-FRA) that took less than 3.5 hours for dinner. AC managed to do this within 120 minutes after takeoff. Meal quality itself seemed to be alright from what my colleagues have told me.

I would actually consider it to be borderline okay for a TATL business class offer, if LH wouldn't have to deal with the inexcusable pathetic dumpster of an airport called Frankfurt. MUC is so much better in every single way.
Old Mar 25, 2018, 11:05 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Originally Posted by capedreamer
This is very good to know. Thanks!

On a related note, do you know how LH prioritizes meal orders? As a *G but not M&M member, I presume I won't get any "special treatment" and am concerned about running out of options (as I'm a somewhat picky eater but generally haven't been impressed by airline SPMLs). Does LH take orders front to back or back to front? Trying to decide between the smaller (but further back) cabin vs. the larger (and less private) cabin on the A359.
There is no order, SEN/HON get asked first. Again, each FA has 8 pax assigned to it, so there is no back to front issue.
capedreamer likes this.
Old Mar 25, 2018, 11:07 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Originally Posted by ckx2
Meal service takes forever and is pathetic in it's execution. There wasn't a single flight (YYZ-FRA) that took less than 3.5 hours for dinner.
Sorry I call BS on this. If you let the FA know you want a quick meal its done in one hour from takeoff.
Old Mar 25, 2018, 11:12 am

Programs: AC E75K
Originally Posted by oliver2002
There is no order, SEN/HON get asked first. Again, each FA has 8 pax assigned to it, so there is no back to front issue.
Got it. Danke sehr!
Old Mar 28, 2018, 12:44 am

Sorry I call BS on this. If you let the FA know you want a quick meal its done in one hour from takeoff.
Oh ze mighty defender iz here! I've actually had a chat with a male purser on the most recent flight. Restaurant service has not yet been announced on the YYZ flights, so the only other option is to have the express meal. I've just returned from YYZ-FRA again; it took 2 hours and 48 minutes to complete dinner service on the lower deck this time. Improvement, whoa!
Old Mar 28, 2018, 10:44 am

Programs: A3(*G), Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by ckx2
Oh ze mighty defender iz here! I've actually had a chat with a male purser on the most recent flight. Restaurant service has not yet been announced on the YYZ flights, so the only other option is to have the express meal. I've just returned from YYZ-FRA again; it took 2 hours and 48 minutes to complete dinner service on the lower deck this time. Improvement, whoa!
Probably not a smart idea to get into a flame war with oliver2002, aside from the fact that he’s a mod it’s not like you’re going to beat him on facts. Or maybe the idea was to drag him down to your level and beat him on experience?
Old Mar 28, 2018, 2:21 pm

Pardon me. This week we flew to PEK and a very leisurely service took 2h total. 3+h Is absurd. Not even Delta or SAS crew manage to be that slow.
Old Mar 28, 2018, 9:02 pm

Originally Posted by yurtripper

it’s not like you’re going to beat him on facts
Oh. He's been on my flights? You guys realize I'm talking about the time it took after takeoff, to finish dinner service - not the courses itself taking three hours, right?
3/24 on time departure - dinner service was finished (as in last majority of desserts were cleared and cabin went quiet) a bit after 9pm. That leaves you with a remaining flight time of approx. five hours - with 4:30h time to sleep properly. Same thing (or a tad longer) on all other YYZ-FRA flights with Lufthansa. AC manages this way better - and there's a freaking difference in between less than five hours of sleep and more than five hours of sleep.

Last edited by ckx2; Mar 28, 2018 at 9:12 pm
Old Apr 18, 2018, 1:12 pm
azj

Have the new soft product enhancements been implemented in Business? Specifically the PJ's, mattress pad and new blankets? I'm flying LH Business in June LAX-MUC-LAX and was hoping for the new additions.
Old Apr 18, 2018, 2:05 pm

The new soft products will be rolled out in May, but only on night flights ex Germany with >10h flying time.
Old Apr 18, 2018, 2:22 pm

Programs: AC E75K
The new soft products will be rolled out in May, but only on night flights ex Germany with >10h flying time.
Ah, too bad. I'm flying LH480 (MUC-DEN) and LH490 (FRA-SEA) in the coming months, and both are over 10 hours in flying time, but day flights.
Old Apr 18, 2018, 2:37 pm
azj

Well that’s disappointing, especially on the long overnight flights from the States.
Old Apr 19, 2018, 7:37 pm

On a recent LH475 a single FA was assigned to the smaller C cabin, so 12 pax.

The 'dinner' service on a redeye was finished in 2 hours 48 minutes after takeoff.
Old Apr 19, 2018, 11:36 pm

Programs: LH M&M, BA EC, DL SM
Originally Posted by azj
Well that’s disappointing, especially on the long overnight flights from the States.
This means that they don‘t have to deliver on their promise of an improved J on the vast majority of their night flights, which are eastbound long-hauls from the Americas. Shame on the bean counters.

I see why you would have certain local catering only from your own hubs, but a sweater?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.