Wiki Posts
Search

Lufthansa business class [merged] experience reports

Search this Thread

Old May 9, 2014, 12:51 am
Original Poster

Lufthansa business class [merged] experience reports

Greetings!

I have a honeymoon travel planned in June. One flight is LH721 from Beijing/PEK to Frankfurt/FRA. Lufthansa has confirmed via website a and customer service via phone that the vessel has the brand new upgraded "V" seating.

This is great news. Does anyone have any advice for best seats? I chose 12a/12c because the were the most forward. Both travelers are 2m (6'6") tall. It was my understanding all seats in this new updated cabin would be the same, so going most forward made the most sense.

Does anyone have any input otherwise about this new business layout? I find no seat plans or seat comments anywhere, so any I put is much appreciated!

Cheers,
Hames
Old May 9, 2014, 11:00 pm
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
There are some images before and after this post:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/lufth...l#post22686856

The seatmap is in the wiki of that thread too.
Old May 10, 2014, 9:02 pm

Oliver are the middle pairs slightly wider between the seats as on the B748? Are the side pairs angled towards each other or towards the windows as on the A333?
Old May 12, 2014, 7:00 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
The A380 has the same seat arrangements as the A330/340: \\ /\ //
Old Jul 1, 2014, 8:50 pm

So on the A380 seat map w/ new business does anyone have an opinion of the "bulkhead" looking seats at the start of each section. Any extra room? Is there a "best" window seat? I know aisle are favoured for access... but I hate not being able to see outside.
Old Jul 2, 2014, 4:17 am

Programs: LH SEN, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by bakersdozen
So on the A380 seat map w/ new business does anyone have an opinion of the "bulkhead" looking seats at the start of each section. Any extra room? Is there a "best" window seat? I know aisle are favoured for access... but I hate not being able to see outside.
All window seats are pretty much the same, in regards to accessability. However please be aware that all window seats have a slightly smaller footrest

Source of the pics: http://www.vielfliegertreff.de/lufth...ml#post1329910
Old Jul 31, 2014, 12:04 pm

Programs: Former 1K turned UA Kettle
Flew on D-AIMB yesterday FRA-IAH. New C was excellent. 6'4" and I could lay flat out without having to scrunch my legs up.
Old Aug 1, 2014, 1:30 pm

Soooo. 27k on JFK-fra. some one broke the armrest . Thank you!!!
Old Aug 2, 2014, 5:56 pm

Originally Posted by UTex09
Flew on D-AIMB yesterday FRA-IAH. New C was excellent. 6'4" and I could lay flat out without having to scrunch my legs up.
Any advice on where to pick a seat? Did you have window or aisle. Did it look super hard to jump over the aisle from the window seat if in recline?
Old Aug 4, 2014, 9:14 am

Any advice on where to pick a seat? Did you have window or aisle. Did it look super hard to jump over the aisle from the window seat if in recline?
I was in 24C, wife was in 24A. If alone, I would select a middle of the plane seat (D or G), as if you are in bed mode it would probably be decently difficult to step over the person on the aisle. I liked being in the mini cabin in the back, as it felt less like a huge bus (airBUS haha). I also noticed that row 26 now has infinite legroom due to the cutouts in the foot wells, but unless you're an NBA player you should have plenty of room to stretch all the way out in a regular row. I was initially worried about the temperature sitting by the exit door, but I didn't notice any cold air in row 24. Row 25 D/G is right across from the door so you might feel some air. I did also notice that in D/G seats, people didn't seem to have too much trouble with the foot well that converges. I didn't see anyone playing footsie . Row 23, 24, or 26 are probably some good rows to try, as you are in the mini cabin, and not too close to a galley or lav. You are also not right on the wing, making for a quiet ride being so far from the engines.

I would say that the new C seats and AVOD definitely put LH back up there with some of the better C I have flown.
Old Aug 4, 2014, 12:17 pm

I was in 24C, wife was in 24A. If alone, I would select a middle of the plane seat (D or G), as if you are in bed mode it would probably be decently difficult to step over the person on the aisle. I liked being in the mini cabin in the back, as it felt less like a huge bus (airBUS haha). I also noticed that row 26 now has infinite legroom due to the cutouts in the foot wells, but unless you're an NBA player you should have plenty of room to stretch all the way out in a regular row. I was initially worried about the temperature sitting by the exit door, but I didn't notice any cold air in row 24. Row 25 D/G is right across from the door so you might feel some air. I did also notice that in D/G seats, people didn't seem to have too much trouble with the foot well that converges. I didn't see anyone playing footsie . Row 23, 24, or 26 are probably some good rows to try, as you are in the mini cabin, and not too close to a galley or lav. You are also not right on the wing, making for a quiet ride being so far from the engines.

I would say that the new C seats and AVOD definitely put LH back up there with some of the better C I have flown.
Thanks for detailed reply. I am same height as you but really like window seats as i like to see where we are and see what is going on around us. Looking at the new seat map linked above looks like 26a would be key as the back lav is across the aisles on the other side so even though it is close it is far...

Is there a wall in front of 26 as it shows in the map or is that wall just the normal seat where the tv and foot rest are. I am thinking that was just the way to draw it so it didn't seem open in front.
Old Aug 4, 2014, 12:29 pm

Thanks for detailed reply. I am same height as you but really like window seats as i like to see where we are and see what is going on around us. Looking at the new seat map linked above looks like 26a would be key as the back lav is across the aisles on the other side so even though it is close it is far...

Is there a wall in front of 26 as it shows in the map or is that wall just the normal seat where the tv and foot rest are. I am thinking that was just the way to draw it so it didn't seem open in front.
It's a half wall, mostly to separate the exit door from the seats, and give them somewhere to rest their feet. You can see over it, it's basically the back part of the seats with no seat actually attached to it if that makes sense.

As far as seeing what's going on around you, I do as well, but what I really liked is the a380 has 3 cameras -one mounted on the tail, one on the undercarriage, and one on the wing, so when I wanted to look out I swapped my AVOD to that rather than trying to peer out the window. That might be something for you to consider.
Old Sep 27, 2014, 1:39 am

I could try the new C on MUC-HND-MUC, and I found it overall OK.

Things I liked:
- The seat itself is comfortable and long & wide enough for me to sleep (1.82m x 75kg)
- The IFE is nice, quick, responsive, and with a large variety of movies. The screen is also good
Things I didn't like:
- There is no privacy at all. I sat in the middle in order to have aisle access, and I didn't enjoy playing footsie and rubbing elbows with my next door neighbor for 12 hours
- The footwell in the middle seats is weirdly shaped, so it's hard to find a way to put your feet in there comfortably. It's probably better in the side seats, but then you have to deal with aisle access for the window seat person, so if travelling alone I think the middle is still a better idea
- Very little storage space, weird positioning of the outlets (one USB under the armrest, one full size at the bottom of the seat)

As far as the soft product goes, it wasn't really half bad, lots of smiles from the FAs, I was addressed by name, service was prompt and the FAs passed through the cabin with drinks and snacks several times over the flight. Compared to my AC's experience it's another world. Unfortunately the food was average at best (everything was overcooked into oblivion), but I didn't leave the plane hungry.
Old Sep 27, 2014, 2:46 am

Programs: AY, LH, KL, SK, D8, Marriott, Melia.
Originally Posted by malmostoso
I could try the new C on MUC-HND-MUC, and I found it overall OK.

Things I liked:
Things I didn't like:
Good review. As my ICN flights are soon in that new C.
Old Sep 27, 2014, 1:34 pm

Programs: AA Gold Elite
I'm a new FT subscriber after finding this amazing website via a link.
I have been looking at the Lufthansa Business Class seating with keen interest since I will be taking a trip to South Africa from the US in January,2015.
I would really appreciate any advice that you seasoned road(sky) warriors can provide regarding seat selection and which flights have the new Biz Class.
Itinerary is ORD>MUC on the 330-300, MUC>CPT on the 340-600, returning on JNB> FRA on the 380-800, FRA>ORD on the 747-800.
I believe I will be on the new Biz seating from ORD>MUC and on FRA>ORD?
Still uncertain about the 340-600 and 380-800 flights though.
January 21 outbound, February 3-4 homebound.
Really hoping for lie flat seating since this a really long haul itinerary for me but my flights are not at all flexible since I am on a tour.
I am really eager for advice on which seats are the best regardless of whether or not I have lie flat seats or not.
Can anyone tell me what kind of plugs are in the Biz seats? US plugs,Empower plugs,etc? I hope to try to use my travel CPAP machine if the FA don't give me a hard time!!! I called the Lufthansa medical desk and had a VERY rude person when I asked. Could not find out what kind of plugs are in Biz class as this person had a totally bad attitude. I guess I will just cover my head with the blanket and hope for the best??

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.