Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Lufthansa business class [merged] experience reports

Search this Thread

Old Apr 20, 2018, 8:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

A few days ago I had my first A380 flight, JFK-FRA, and was very impressed. LH definitely did not disappoint! JFK T1 was a disappointment though
Old May 5, 2018, 10:42 am

Lufthansa A340-300 Biz seats

Trying to read & digest the reviews is not getting me anywhere on evaluating the Biz class seats TPA-FRA on A340-300 Vers 1.
One review complains that there is a lav in the section but they are reserved exculsively for crew, yet another praises the fact that there is a lav dedicated to biz class. And another says Biz class uses both the upfrot, and another shared with Premium economy, while another says that the prem economy is shared by the regular economy.
One says no leg room, yet another says roomy for feet. One says no foot rest, and another says good footrest.

SHeesh - we will be two of us together, short (5'6" and 5'2") and mainly want a comfortable seat & ability to sleep fairly well. Currently booked on a Delta flight out of NY, but our schedule changed so we'll have to leave from tpa, so considering a change to LX out of tpa. But hoping for an idea of the seating we'll encounter. I've rejected the idea of SAS due to biz seat reviews - at least they are consistent.
Old May 5, 2018, 11:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON***,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
Originally Posted by Liphotoman

SHeesh - we will be two of us together, short (5'6" and 5'2") and mainly want a comfortable seat & ability to sleep fairly well. Currently booked on a Delta flight out of NY, but our schedule changed so we'll have to leave from tpa, so considering a change to LX out of tpa. But hoping for an idea of the seating we'll encounter. I've rejected the idea of SAS due to biz seat reviews - at least they are consistent.
LH J seat is fine for couples, awful for Solo travellers. Out of TPA not so much choice either.
worldclubber and royng like this.
Old May 5, 2018, 11:53 am

Programs: QR Platinum OWE, LH SEN
It is a wonderfully comfortable seat with plenty of space, great service and the food is very edible. I have been on at least 10 LH C flights over the past years, I think 2 on the A340 and never had anything to complain about. The seat is very comfortable, you can even change the hardness/softness to match your preference.

I have also been on many more QR C/F flights in the same time period and yes the 1 - 2 - 1 setups are even better.

But tt say LH is "awful", bad and so on, well no. Economy is awful, however evidence proves that it is survivable by millions every day.

Most of the complaints about LH C are "having another person next to me" - such hardship - or "having to lift a leg to climb over someone" - don't book a window seat if this is soooo terrible for you.

I am always very thankful to be able to fly business class. I recommend getting a seat at least 2 rows away from a toilet/galley as it is quieter. But even being near a toilet/galley will not make it a bad flight, just maybe not as great as it could have been.
Old May 5, 2018, 1:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON***,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
Originally Posted by Dschaimz

Most of the complaints about LH C are "having another person next to me" - such hardship - or "having to lift a leg to climb over someone" - don't book a window seat if this is soooo terrible for you.
Yes, that is THE issue, when you don’t book the window seat you have someone else climbing over you.... Other J products out there offer single seats for Solo pax, LH is just fine for couples 😊
worldclubber, royng and andywaw like this.
Old May 5, 2018, 3:12 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Agree with Chris63, the LH seat - while not state of the art - is fine for couples. Leg and footroom will not be a problem for you.

Originally Posted by Dschaimz
It is a wonderfully comfortable seat with plenty of space, great service and the food is very edible.
I enjoy LH service and meals, but I'm sorry, the seat is seriously subpar compared to the competition. It's narrow, difficult to adjust into a comfortable lounging position, and - most problematic - lacks privacy if you are a solo traveler.
seanp7, chris63, royng and 1 others like this.
Old May 6, 2018, 6:35 pm

Programs: LH M&M, BA EC, DL SM
Originally Posted by chris63
LH J seat is fine for couples, awful for Solo travellers. Out of TPA not so much choice either.
For a couple it‘s perfectly fine. And out of TPA you get a very small cozy J cabin.

And I have to say I sleep better in LH J than in LX J, just hate the seat arrangement when traveling by myself.
chris63 likes this.
Old Jun 14, 2018, 2:21 pm

Originally Posted by sw1x

Of course!
It‘s only become quite clear in this thread that they introduced a - for a change true - enhancement of hard product and in the wake of it are still struggling for some consistency or at least pattern.

Having said that, while their J class may or may not be rock solid, they definitely have one of the most consistent products anyway. So I’d happily cut them some slack for the first weeks of PJ-tops and be willing to “risk” not getting one while still enjoying an otherwise reliable flight - in row 83...😉
Agreed on all fronts, particularly the consistency in terms of J product (still, I'm not a big fan of the 2-2-2 or 2-2 set-ups but that's an entirely different story!)

G
Old Jun 15, 2018, 3:30 am

Programs: AS MVP100K, Hilton Diamond, IHG Gold
SEA-FRA

The FRA-SEA flight I can understand being considered a day flight since you leave during the day and arrive during the day.

But the SEA-FRA while leaves during the day, you arrive early the next morning, so you’d think this would count as an “overnight” flight to a degree. This would really help because a matters pad with comfortable betting would be greatly appreciated as someone who wants to try and get on German time with an early nap. Someone mentioned in my other thread they were given all the overnight stuff on the SEA-FRA flight, but it sure would be nice if this could be confirmed by alicorporateuk

Thanks

Last edited by NWplatinum; Jun 15, 2018 at 3:36 am
Old Jun 15, 2018, 6:03 am

Originally Posted by AlicorporateUK
Agreed on all fronts, particularly the consistency in terms of J product (still, I'm not a big fan of the 2-2-2 or 2-2 set-ups but that's an entirely different story!)

G
... and I can see why. But 2-2 matters less and, depending on relationship status, might even be enjoyable 😉 if traveling with a partner.
Old Jun 15, 2018, 7:04 am

Originally Posted by sw1x
... and I can see why. But 2-2 matters less and, depending on relationship status, might even be enjoyable 😉 if traveling with a partner.
When traveling with a companion, LH layout is great, as you get window and aisle as well as sitting next to each other. Unlike F, where you have to make the decision between window and adjacent seats. For traveling by yourself, the situation is exactly reversed.
Old Jun 15, 2018, 3:11 pm

Originally Posted by worldclubber

When traveling with a companion, LH layout is great, as you get window and aisle as well as sitting next to each other. Unlike F, where you have to make the decision between window and adjacent seats. For traveling by yourself, the situation is exactly reversed.
And how’s the grub?
Old Jun 15, 2018, 3:36 pm

Originally Posted by NWplatinum
And how’s the grub?
It‘s airline food, but for that it is definitely decent. Tastes differ and menus vary but the food is generally edible and gets you to your destination.

One thing I really like is the possibility to check on the meal selection in advance.
Old Jun 15, 2018, 4:02 pm

Originally Posted by worldclubber

It‘s airline food, but for that it is definitely decent. Tastes differ and menus vary but the food is generally edible and gets you to your destination.

One thing I really like is the possibility to check on the meal selection in advance.
How do you select your meals in advance?
Old Jun 15, 2018, 11:08 pm

LH J Food, Amenities SEA-FRA in Advance?

This is my second time ever flying LH so I have absolutely no idea about what their services are. I’m flying SEA-FRA, and I’m wondering if you’re allowed to reserve meals, or view the menu and reserve a meal off it in advance?

Secondly, technically this is an overnight flight even if you leave at 1:50pm, you arrive the next day in FRA at 8:30am. I for one would like to try and get on German time and try to sleep after lunch. I have heard conflicting reports whether they provide the mattress pads and blankets on this flight. Does anyone know if it’s hit or miss, or it’s policy for them to offer their bedding on this segment?

Thank you

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.