Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Lufthansa business class [merged] experience reports

Search this Thread

Old Jan 18, 2016, 12:16 pm

Programs: Avis President's Club, Global Entry, Hilton/Marriott Gold. No more DL/AA status.
Originally Posted by gogate99
colinAMS (or anyone who flies the 747-400 in Biz class for the SEA-FRA Flight LH 419--- do you have a preferred seat for two people (my wife and I)? Do you prefer at the nose of the airplane like row 1 or the Upper Deck or somewhere back a bit in the lower deck? We are connecting to a LH flight to TLL at FRA with about 1 hour and 35 min connect time if that makes a difference.

Thank you!
I'm not a frequent traveler, but I booked 83C (upper deck one ahead of the exit row) and would book the same seat if I was on a 744 again. I preferred having nobody behind me, rather than nobody ahead of me (as would be in 84, the exit row). Partially so I knew I wouldn't feel anyone moving around (not sure if this is a valid concern), but also because 84 is built like a bulkhead, you don't get any extra legroom (maybe foot-room, I can't say for sure), and I didn't like the way the IFE screens were on the bulkhead (TVs together instead of separated, I think I would find it distracting).
Old Jan 18, 2016, 12:50 pm

Programs: US-CP; UA-PE; CO-PE; HH;Diamond
Great points thank you!
Old Jan 20, 2016, 8:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K (1MM), DL Gold (1MM), Marriott LTT
Seat help - LH 744 J class

Hi all,
Any recommendations on where to sit in J on an LH 744 v4? I'm flying it on FRA-US in mid March. SeatGuru only offers some idea of bad seats but no ideas on good seats.

I always prefer the upper deck on a 747 because it's smaller and quieter on UA. Is that the case on LH? There are some window seats open including 81A which is near the lav but the opposite side. Is it noisy?

I'm looking for the quietest seat first and foremost. If that means lower deck I'll take it. Your help is appreciated.

Thanks,
RM
Old Feb 2, 2016, 1:06 pm

A330 Seat Help 3HK vs 4 HK in C class

I am flying YVR-MUC on the A330-300 in C class.

Need some help picking seats. I am trying to decide between row 3 and 4 in the frontward business cabin.

3 HK
4 HK

3 HK seems to be the bulkhead with the footspace slightly enclosed in. I have read the seats angle is awkward when not in recline mode. I would normally book 4 but am concerned about the close proximty to the galley.

Please advise if a seat pair is recommend.
Old Feb 2, 2016, 1:26 pm
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
go for 4 HK, no galley noise there at all.
Old Feb 29, 2016, 2:00 pm

Originally Posted by RobOnLI
Hi all,
Any recommendations on where to sit in J on an LH 744 v4? I'm flying it on FRA-US in mid March. SeatGuru only offers some idea of bad seats but no ideas on good seats.

I always prefer the upper deck on a 747 because it's smaller and quieter on UA. Is that the case on LH? There are some window seats open including 81A which is near the lav but the opposite side. Is it noisy?

I'm looking for the quietest seat first and foremost. If that means lower deck I'll take it. Your help is appreciated.

Thanks,
RM
I've flown FRA-SEA (in 4D) and SEA-FRA (in 83H) recently. I was concerned about 4D (see post #195) but was not able to find any fault with it. This is the only seat where you are guaranteed that nobody is going to step over you and you will not have to step over someone, in addition you get larger than usual foot space due to a little "island" in front of it. Other seats are ok too, even though their foot space is wedge-shaped, so you would get a bit less room than in 4D or any other "bulkhead" rows, like row 1 on the lower deck or rows 81/84 on the upper deck.

I would say that window seats are slightly better, because your foot space is a bit wider as it is next to the fuselage - especially on the upper deck where there is a little shelf running along the wall. I did not have any problems with a regular wedge-shaped space though in 83H and I'm about 6". Also, on an aisle seat you are slightly more exposed to the light of TV screens of aisle passengers ahead of you, that happened to me during return flight. Recommendation in post #196 might be relevant for you as well.

As for the noise, the noise-cancelling headphones provided by LH are highly recommended. Even if you are not listening to anything, the noise cancellation will be active as long as they are plugged in, and the effect is quite amazing. I could not hear neither the noise of the galley behind me in 4D or front bathroom on the upper deck with them on. The only complaint is that it's a bit awkward to sleep with them on.

Last edited by SadKingBilly; Feb 29, 2016 at 6:04 pm
Old Feb 29, 2016, 2:57 pm

Some photos of the seats and cabins.

Outbound trip, LH 747-400 (D-ABVM), front cabin on the lower deck

Forward-left view from seat 4D

4D screen and foot space

Forward-right view from 4D

Forward cabin view

Seat 4D

Inbound trip, LH 747-400 (D-ABVP), upper deck

View from 83H

Forward view from around emergency exit area

Old Mar 1, 2016, 3:08 pm

is it just me, or are the overhead bins in that last photo on the upper deck of the 744 updated?
AFAIK, LH had the old overhead bins when it was F upstairs, now the bins look different, but not like anything I have seen on other airlines 'updated' 744 overhead bins...
(these look boxier than the previous style, don't you find...? or am I just nuts?!)
Old Mar 1, 2016, 5:26 pm
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Now that you mention here are the overhead bins on the upper deck of the 744 before conversion into seat+bed

and after the conversion they remained the same as before

For comparison the upper deck of the 748i

Old Mar 12, 2016, 5:58 am

Originally Posted by NewbieRunner
Now that you mention here are the overhead bins on the upper deck of the 744 before conversion into seat+bed

and after the conversion they remained the same as before

For comparison the upper deck of the 748i

They are different aren't they?!
The handle to open the bin is much lower on the 'newer' 744 UD Business version, it seems to me...
Old Mar 12, 2016, 6:21 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by rosenkavalier
The handle to open the bin is much lower on the 'newer' 744 UD Business version, it seems to me...
Yes, much better for shorter people like me.
Old Mar 12, 2016, 1:37 pm

Originally Posted by rosenkavalier
They appear to be much larger than the old version too. If you look at the forward-facing photos, the new bins reach all the way to the "doorframe" of the cockpit passage, while the old ones do not even come close.
Old Mar 12, 2016, 2:19 pm

Programs: AC*G-E100K (once again)
Old Mar 13, 2016, 7:17 am

Originally Posted by SadKingBilly
They appear to be much larger than the old version too. If you look at the forward-facing photos, the new bins reach all the way to the "doorframe" of the cockpit passage, while the old ones do not even come close.
Finally! Someone sees what I am seeing...lol
(and the rest are rolling their eyes)

This is a version of bin I have never seen before...many other airlines installed a round version when they retrofitted their upper decks...
Old Mar 25, 2016, 4:09 pm

Programs: LH SEN
A346 business seats

Hello

Upcoming I have a LH 730 MUC-HKG. From the aircraft layout and photos found googling it seems that all business seats are equivalent. Is this correct assumption? I've sort of randomly chosen 6A

Opinions appreciated
Cheers

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.