Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Lufthansa business class [merged] experience reports

Search this Thread

Old Oct 13, 2015, 3:20 pm

Programs: LH Miles and More, DL SkyMiles, Bonvoy, Hilton
Originally Posted by kthpence
Is 1K ok as well? I'm really tempted to book a seat upstairs (I'll be flying by myself) as I've never flown on the UD of the 747 before. I like the window, but get up a lot during flights so prefer to have direct aisle access. Are there any seats upstairs that you can get out of without disturbing your neighbor (i.e. like United's UD on their 747, I think row 15 you can sort of slip out of the back of it...)
...I assume it's more intimate on the 747, at least upstairs? Thanks.
1K works just as well. I suppose it is a matter of whether you like to fly on the sun side or the shade side of machine.

If you want to try the UD (I like new cabin experiences myself), it is 2x2 with a /\ /\ configuration, so if you want a window, you will have to step over a reclining neighbor, but if you have a little bit of dexterity, it is not, IME, difficult to step over the aisle seat without disturbing the person occupying it.

I am always in favor of new experiences, so if you are inclined to sit in the upper deck, it is also quite tolerable. Personally, I would avoid Row 81 unless you like the company of people lining up for the lavatory.

I find the main deck cabin in front of Door 1 equally intimate (17 seats), and a bit quieter.
Old Oct 18, 2015, 11:55 am

Programs: UA, 1K 2MM
Hi FTers, I will be flying LH C for the first time next April on LH773 and LH772 (BKK-FRA-BKK). Have just received an email that the equipment has changed from a 747-400 to an A340-300. I believe this particular A340 has 2 class seating with the upgraded C seats which I guess is an improvement as the 747-400 had the older recliner C seats. Having only ever flown UA C I am not at all familiar with the upgraded LH C product. Generally, I prefer a window seat but was hoping I could get recommendations/tips from this forum as to which would be the better seats in this upgraded LH 340-300 C cabin as it looks like the window seats are similar to UA C and require climbing over the aisle seat passenger if you need to get up and use the facilities. Any other tips or recommendations on flying LH C product for this rookie LH C flyer welcome! Thanks, Iain
Old Oct 18, 2015, 1:04 pm
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
LH doesn't have 'recliner C' since 2006. The sloping C seat was completely replaced 2013-15, no 744 has the old seat since late September.
Old Oct 18, 2015, 1:24 pm

Originally Posted by oliver2002
LH doesn't have 'recliner C' since 2006. The sloping C seat was completely replaced 2013-15, no 744 has the old seat since late September.
Thanks for the correction. In any case, the 744 has been replaced by the A340 on my flights and my query pertained the the C seats in the A340.
Old Oct 18, 2015, 11:35 pm
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

No window seat with aisle access in any of LH C cabins. You'll have to compromise
Old Oct 19, 2015, 12:13 am

Flying LH J from LAX to VIE next year. I have a choice between the B748 via FRA or the A346 via MUC. I'm flying solo and prefer a middle aisle seat to avoid the climb over issue. Based on seat maps, and information in this forum, it appears that the middle aisle seats on the B748 offer more space and less of a "footsie" issue than the A346. However, that means connecting through FRA instead of MUC.

I am interested in your opinions on whether connecting through FRA instead of MUC is enough of a negative that you would choose the A346 over the B748 in my situation.

Thank you.
Old Oct 19, 2015, 1:31 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by majortom421
I am interested in your opinions on whether connecting through FRA instead of MUC is enough of a negative that you would choose the A346 over the B748 in my situation.
Connecting in FRA between TATL and Schengen flights is quite straightforward. Normally you only need to go from the arrival gate to the departure gate which are in the same concourse on different levels via passport control but no security check.
Old Oct 19, 2015, 1:43 am

No window seat with aisle access in any of LH C cabins. You'll have to compromise
I am sorry but what do you mean by "compromise". Are the aisle seats a better option or better to go with the middle row, but I believe that these seats are configured with the "footsie" layout - whatever that means, but presumably it is a negative. Just trying to get the best advice from hardened LH C class flyers thanks. Iain
Old Oct 19, 2015, 2:15 am

Window side aisle seats have the parallel \\ or // arrangement with a guarantee no one will ever come close to your feet or other body parts BUT someone may climb over you. Middle row (DG) have the /\ arrangement with the minute possibility (or rather mental horror) that your feet may touch your neighbors. Hence the compromise. In the past 3 years I've been in various seats and never had major issues nor got athletes foot. YMMV
Old Oct 19, 2015, 4:24 am

Window side aisle seats have the parallel \\ or // arrangement with a guarantee no one will ever come close to your feet or other body parts BUT someone may climb over you. Middle row (DG) have the /\ arrangement with the minute possibility (or rather mental horror) that your feet may touch your neighbors. Hence the compromise. In the past 3 years I've been in various seats and never had major issues nor got athletes foot. YMMV
Thanks oliver2002, that's very helpful for me. So one more question. Given all the pros and cons what is your preferred seat in the LH C cabin in the A340?
Old Oct 19, 2015, 4:34 am

Last row window seat in the forward C cabin. That is row 4 in the A330, row 7 in the 346, row 5 in the 343.

Reason: the service starts there, and the pitch in the last rows is 2-3 inches more. First row/Bulkhead I don't like because you stick your feet into a 'hole'.
Old Oct 19, 2015, 7:19 pm

Originally Posted by NewbieRunner
Connecting in FRA between TATL and Schengen flights is quite straightforward. Normally you only need to go from the arrival gate to the departure gate which are in the same concourse on different levels via passport control but no security check.
Thank you. I've read negative reviews in this forum and elsewhere about connecting in FRA but what you describe sounds fine. I will go with the B748.
Old Oct 20, 2015, 12:59 am

Last row window seat in the forward C cabin. That is row 4 in the A330, row 7 in the 346, row 5 in the 343.

Reason: the service starts there, and the pitch in the last rows is 2-3 inches more. First row/Bulkhead I don't like because you stick your feet into a 'hole'.
Wonderful, thank you. I have now reserved 5A and 5K for my flights next April and looking forward to experiencing my first ever flights in C on a non-UA airline!
Old Oct 20, 2015, 9:28 am

Programs: UA:1k; MR: PLT; Hilton: Gold
Originally Posted by majortom421
Thank you. I've read negative reviews in this forum and elsewhere about connecting in FRA but what you describe sounds fine. I will go with the B748.
As much as I dislike FRA, I prefer the 748 LD middle seats with extra room between the PAX (feet are the same close distance, but not enough to bother me). I've done the LAX-FRA/MUC numerous times in the past year, but only do MUC when the F upgrade looks better. In all the times I connected there, only once was it really bad (the LAX-FRA usually lands at Z, but this time it landed at C). C>A was really bad.
Old Oct 25, 2015, 9:00 pm

Just booked 2 biz award tickets SEA-FRA-ZRH on LH491 744. I chose the upper deck 83 H/K, as I have enjoyed the BA 744 upper deck set up. Never flown LH biz class on a 744, so looking forward to the experience. Just wondering if those upper deck seats are a good choice? Don't want to be in the very back next to the galley, and not at the very front near the lavatory. We had been assigned lower deck 2 H/K, which looked fine from seat map but really wanted that intimate 744 upper deck experience.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.