Wiki Posts
Search

Lufthansa lounge at Newark [EWR] [closed till mid 2024]

Search this Thread

Old Jan 1, 2022, 9:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by FeWi
not sure name shaming helps but anyway. As far as I know only outgoing *A premium cabin is eligible for access and gold itself with domestic alone won’t give access?

https://www.uponarriving.com/united-club-access/
correct, no Polaris lounge access arriving on LH
Old Jan 1, 2022, 9:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by cfischer
even if connecting onward on UA?
Old Jan 1, 2022, 9:38 am

Programs: LH SEN
Originally Posted by SkyTeam777
even if connecting onward on UA?
Not UA domestic.

Non-UA *G would get you access to a club, but not Polaris.

No status, no access.

Arrival Polaris requires being on international UA metal.
Old Jan 1, 2022, 10:27 am

Originally Posted by boerne
1- inept front facing personnel. ... She had trouble understanding that LH J, *A gold passengers were allowed in Polaris.
Neither arrival on LH nor *G qualifies you for arrival Polaris, so her confusion is understandable.

You need to arrive on UA metal in business for Polaris arrival access.

Departure Polaris is any *A international business or first. *G alone only gets you club access on departure.
lowfareair, gojko88 and FeWi like this.

Last edited by supine; Jan 1, 2022 at 11:14 am
Old Jan 1, 2022, 12:17 pm

Originally Posted by supine
Neither arrival on LH nor *G qualifies you for arrival Polaris, so her confusion is understandable.

You need to arrive on UA metal in business for Polaris arrival access.

Departure Polaris is any *A international business or first. *G alone only gets you club access on departure.
i have a feeling OP was a bit “German direct” with the poor lady until they let them in…
DrinkSlinger likes this.
Old Jan 2, 2022, 7:18 pm

Programs: LT Plt, 4mm, *A GLD, burned out medical provider, executing our estate plan
hmmm- this is what we had, please pay attention.

A boarding pass for travel in long-haul international business class on a Star Alliance member airline

https://www.united.com/ual/en/us/fly...es/access.html
Old Jan 2, 2022, 7:24 pm

A boarding pass for travel in long-haul international business class on a Star Alliance member airline

Your original post stated inbound LH not outbound LH premium cabin but happy that they let you in after all and hope you had a great time.
Old Jan 2, 2022, 7:24 pm

Programs: LT Plt, 4mm, *A GLD, burned out medical provider, executing our estate plan
Originally Posted by cfischer
not correct, we got in, but not really a good experience compared to FL, Sakura, etc.

inbound LH J, originally UA J with 2 changes on 12-24. Sorry I was not specific. Jet lag. But really classic Flyertalk responses.

Old Jan 3, 2022, 12:42 am

It helps if you read/quote the whole thing:

Customers may only access a United Polaris lounge at the departure airport for their international business class flight.
FeWi likes this.
Old Jan 3, 2022, 11:43 am

I have the priority pass and saw the Lufthansa lounge hours in the priority pass app state that there is no access for priority pass members between 2:30 and 5:30. Can anyone confirm they are enforcing this?
Old Jan 4, 2022, 12:28 am

Originally Posted by Uri Isaacs
I have the priority pass and saw the Lufthansa lounge hours in the priority pass app state that there is no access for priority pass members between 2:30 and 5:30. Can anyone confirm they are enforcing this?
yeah they do that and for good reasons. Was already crowded with people on flights to FRA MUC and VIE. Allowing PP at this time would overcrowd the Business area which I had a peak at when going to bathroom and was completely full. Btw senator area back with separate F HON seating but without own menu or service.
Old Jan 4, 2022, 12:31 am

Originally Posted by FeWi
challenge accepted, will report back ;-) 💣 maybe I’ll need to ride from terminal to terminal clinging to the outside of the bus Tom Cruise style…
so had 8 h layover and decided to go to Manhattan instead of lounge jumping but asked at B if the shuttle was running and they confirmed at the door to the bus so should be possible.
Old Jan 8, 2022, 8:38 am

Programs: Mucci, BA Gold, TK Elite, HHonors Lifetime Diamond
I was in the lounge (business section) 2 days ago. Still no alcohol. There was hot food. The lounge was packed with no seating available, so we had some water and left.
Old Jan 16, 2022, 9:42 am

EWR lounge situation - terminal A

Originally Posted by Andriyko
I was in the lounge (business section) 2 days ago. Still no alcohol. There was hot food. The lounge was packed with no seating available, so we had some water and left.
Data point: on 1/09/22: Both the Lufthansa and the SAS lounges were open. Both were crowded but not over crowded. Lufthansa seemed to have extended the entire lounge to be "senator". Catering was pretty much the same as prepandemic, but no alcohol. SAS has limited catering but full self service bar. Neither had adequate restrooms - always a line.

BJFly
Old Feb 20, 2022, 3:28 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, MLife Gold, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Caesars Diamond, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by Uri Isaacs
I’m confused. The PP site says they are open during those hours (and those hours only on certain days):

OPENING HOURS
Monday: 14:30 - 17:30
Tuesday: 14:30 - 21:00
Wednesday: 14:30 - 17:30
Thursday: 14:30 - 21:00
Friday: 14:30 - 21:00
Saturday: 14:30 - 21:00
Sunday: 14:30 - 21:00

Do they really kick PP people out at 5:30PM on Monday? Flight at 10PM.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.