Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Lufthansa lounge at Newark [EWR] [closed till mid 2024]

Search this Thread

Old Oct 26, 2023, 10:36 am

Programs: DL PM; UA 1K; AA 1MM
Originally Posted by oliver2002
The B wing will continue to operate... some of the carriers that used to be in B (AA, DL, etc) have already moved to the new A. That will create some space in B and take the pressure off the wing in which LH/OS/LX operate in. A doesn't have a FIS, so intl arrivals will remain in B & C.
Isn't DL the only airline that moved from B to new A? B6, AA, and UA all moved from old A.

And the B pier that DL used is not connected to FIS, it is domestic only.
Old Oct 26, 2023, 11:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by mileshound
Lounge closing for renovations

As of October 30, the Lufthansa Lounge in Newark will be temporarily closed for renovations. Until it reopens in mid-2024, we kindly ask our guests to see the Lufthansa Group ground staff for more information about alternative lounges.
that's bad news. mid-2024? That's a LONG renovation!
Old Oct 26, 2023, 11:53 am

Programs: British Airways
That's a shame I was set to fly from Newark in early January so a bit gutted about not having a lounge to look forward to. At least I've got the 748 upper deck to sweeten things a bit!
Old Oct 26, 2023, 1:18 pm
Ted

Programs: UA 1P MM, HH G, Marriott G
And what happens when SIS drops out of Star Alliance?
Old Oct 26, 2023, 1:18 pm

Originally Posted by ld0595
That's a shame I was set to fly from Newark in early January so a bit gutted about not having a lounge to look forward to. At least I've got the 748 upper deck to sweeten things a bit!
Upper deck means you are in Business, so you can go to the Polaris Lounge in C and then take the terminal connection shuttle to B for your flight.
gojko88 likes this.
Old Oct 27, 2023, 8:26 am

Programs: I wish :'(
Is the SK lounge still open/connected? For those who don't want to make the trek from C
Old Oct 27, 2023, 8:35 am

Originally Posted by yitianjian
Is the SK lounge still open/connected? For those who don't want to make the trek from C
Yes, it's still there across from the LH lounge. It already gets packed to capacity though, even with the LH lounges operating. I'm not sure what it will be like when the LH lounges close. for renovation.
Old Oct 27, 2023, 3:23 pm

Originally Posted by ty97
Upper deck means you are in Business, so you can go to the Polaris Lounge in C and then take the terminal connection shuttle to B for your flight.
I've seen elsewhere that I can do that so might look into it. Is it much hassle? I've only flown out of Newark once (on BA) and there was a lot of queuing and hanging about!
Old Oct 27, 2023, 4:17 pm

Programs: SK Gold, AF Gold, Marriott Platinum
No hassle at all. The trip from the Polaris lounge to B gates takes a maximum of 20 minutes. No additional checks or anything.
Old Oct 28, 2023, 6:04 am

Originally Posted by ld0595
I've seen elsewhere that I can do that so might look into it. Is it much hassle? I've only flown out of Newark once (on BA) and there was a lot of queuing and hanging about!
The only real hassle is if you are checking bags with LH at Newark. If so, you must go to B to check your bag, then go to C (landside) to clear security and go to lounge. The airside bus from C--> B after you finish at the lounge is no hassle at all. Still worth it to do this IMO, as I can't fathom what the SK lounge is going to be like with the LH lounge closed. And the SK lounge isn't very good anyway.

If you are connecting through EWR, or if you have no luggage to check at EWR, it's very easy.
seanp7 likes this.
Old Oct 28, 2023, 4:08 pm

Originally Posted by ty97
The only real hassle is if you are checking bags with LH at Newark. If so, you must go to B to check your bag, then go to C (landside) to clear security and go to lounge. The airside bus from C--> B after you finish at the lounge is no hassle at all. Still worth it to do this IMO, as I can't fathom what the SK lounge is going to be like with the LH lounge closed. And the SK lounge isn't very good anyway.

If you are connecting through EWR, or if you have no luggage to check at EWR, it's very easy.
Many thanks - guess I'll do that then. I'm starting from Newark so will just arrive earlier. Cheers!
Old Oct 29, 2023, 3:27 pm

Programs: Eurostar Carte Blanche, SBB-CFF-FFS GA-AG, SNCF Grand Voyageur LeClub
Which Lufthansa passengers have access to the Polaris lounge? All Business and First Class passengers? Or only those with SEN or HON status? I presume the rule is the same for passengers flying on Swiss or Austrian?

I somehow seem to remember that Polaris was only accessible for people traveling on UA metal in Business class, irrespective of FFP status, and not for passengers traveling on LH/LX/OS/any other airline. Has that changed or has it always been that way and I did simply mis-understand the access rules?
Old Oct 29, 2023, 3:43 pm

Programs: LH SEN
Originally Posted by San Gottardo
Which Lufthansa passengers have access to the Polaris lounge? All Business and First Class passengers? Or only those with SEN or HON status? I presume the rule is the same for passengers flying on Swiss or Austrian?

I somehow seem to remember that Polaris was only accessible for people traveling on UA metal in Business class, irrespective of FFP status, and not for passengers traveling on LH/LX/OS/any other airline. Has that changed or has it always been that way and I did simply mis-understand the access rules?
Polaris lounges are accessible to those departing that airport in business or first on an intercontinental *A flight.

If your intercontinental flight is UA metal in business you would also get Polaris access at connecting airports on the same ticket itinerary and on arrival after a UA metal intercontinental flight.

No access based on status.
Old Oct 29, 2023, 3:45 pm

Programs: LH SEN *
Originally Posted by San Gottardo

All Business Class and First Class on any long haul Star Alliance flight.
I don't know about HON but SEN status does not help.
Old Oct 29, 2023, 4:21 pm

Programs: SK Gold, AF Gold, Marriott Platinum
Cabin class is the only thing that matters. Status is irrelevant.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.