Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Lufthansa lounge at Newark [EWR] [closed till mid 2024]

Search this Thread

Old Feb 20, 2022, 4:20 pm

Programs: LH SEN *
Both Lufthansa page and Star Alliance app quote these times for Lufthansa Business Lounge at EWR Terminal B:

Monday 14:30-21:30
Tuesday 14:30-19:00
Wednesday 14:30-21:30
Thursday 14:30-21:30
Friday 14:30-21:30
Saturday 14:30-21:30
Sunday 14:30-21:30

Slightly off topic, I was departing from EWR Terminal B on LOT Polish last week, and after I checked in I moved to Terminal C to the United Polaris Lounge and I can confirm they close at 21:45, after the dining area closes at 21:00, food bar gets cleared and the bar stops serving drinks around 21:15.
I don't understand this raving and wow-ing about Polaris Lounge, it was okay, very spacious with comfortable seats but Lufthansa First Class Lounge has simply more class and much better food. The Polaris Lounge staff was uninterested and not too attentive.
Moving between terminals B to C around 7:30 PM and back from Terminal C to B around 21:30 which included security check both ways was a walk in the park.
Old Feb 20, 2022, 4:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Originally Posted by andywaw
Both Lufthansa page and Star Alliance app quote these times for Lufthansa Business Lounge at EWR Terminal B:

Monday 14:30-21:30
Tuesday 14:30-19:00
Wednesday 14:30-21:30
Thursday 14:30-21:30
Friday 14:30-21:30
Saturday 14:30-21:30
Sunday 14:30-21:30

Slightly off topic, I was departing from EWR on LOT Polish last week, and after I checked in I moved to Terminal C to the United Polaris Lounge and I can confirm they close at 21:45, after the dining area closes at 21:00, food bar gets cleared and the bar stops serving drinks around 21:15.
I don't understand this raving and wow-ing about Polaris Lounge, it was okay, very spacious with comfortable seats but Lufthansa First Class Lounge has simply more Class and much better food. The Polaris Lounge staff was uninterested and not too attentive.
Moving between terminals B to C around 7:30 PM and back from Terminal C to B around 21:30 which included security check both ways was a walk in the park.
From someone who has travelled recently from EWR, I've heard that there was no HON/First dining at the EWR Lufthansa Lounge but only a dedicated seating area for HON & First pax.
If you are comparing the UA Polaris Lounge EWR to LH First Class Lounge in MUC/FRA, that's a different story.
Old Feb 20, 2022, 10:44 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, MLife Gold, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Caesars Diamond, Amex Plat
I’m just looking for a place for my college kid to park it for 5 hours and get some food/drink. If they actually kick priority pass folks out at 5:30, then I may do a different routing.
Old Feb 21, 2022, 12:13 am

Programs: SK Gold, AF Gold, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by andywaw
I don't understand this raving and wow-ing about Polaris Lounge, it was okay, very spacious with comfortable seats but Lufthansa First Class Lounge has simply more class and much better food.
Not really a fair comparison though, is it? The Polaris lounge is after all a business class lounge. That said, I didn't find it mindblowing either when I visited a week ago, especially the food which some make out to be amazing (I can make a better "signature burger" at home). But it's still head and shoulders above any other J lounge at EWR.
Old Feb 21, 2022, 8:15 am

Originally Posted by gojko88
Not really a fair comparison though, is it? The Polaris lounge is after all a business class lounge.
I compared the two because the concept of Polaris Lounge is more similar to the FC lounge than to the Business Class Lounge: the A La Carte dining room, the sleeping rooms, it is the place where Star Alliance First Class passengers go and in general the lounge aspires to be exclusive.
Would it be fair to compare it to a Business Class Lounge?
Anyway, it is fair to say we agree that it is a good comfortable lounge but there are better ones too.
​​​​​​
Old Mar 12, 2022, 6:15 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, AA Gold, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Discoverist
Mar 12 2022 Visit

SAS Lounge with no hot food.

LH Lounge with hot food.

Hot food is ok. Only visited one other time in 2019 and food quality and amount seems to be similar. Love the salmon and the well cooked pickled cabbage underneath. I don't think it holds a candle to Polaris sit down dining if you're flying business but as a star gold lounge before a domestic flight, it's quite nice.
Carfield and cesco.g like this.

Last edited by VWang1111; Mar 14, 2022 at 8:48 pm Reason: differentiate SAS lounge and LH lounge
Old Mar 13, 2022, 1:03 pm

This doesn't look terrible, except for that slop in the third picture. What in the world is that?! Looks disgusting.
Old Mar 14, 2022, 12:07 am

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, AA Gold, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by NYC1
This doesn't look terrible, except for that slop in the third picture. What in the world is that?! Looks disgusting.
Chicken Tortilla Soup. Not amazing but not terrible. Looks worse than it tastes. Definitely more suited for American taste buds. Basically a chili with chicken, slightly spicy if I remember correctly.
Old Mar 27, 2022, 2:11 pm

Programs: LH, A3, BA
Polaris best option at EWR

Went there as per recommendations here and must agree, by far the best option - spent also another hour in a totally crowded LH lounge - Last time I was there F still got a la carte dining, this time it was just a seating area (but useful still), regretted not having stayed longer @Polaris - transfer with bus was really fast as well. Polaris dining experience also nice, btw. Hope LH upgrades EWR Lounge soon, it‘s really not great.
Old Mar 27, 2022, 3:47 pm

Originally Posted by Jensens
Went there as per recommendations here and must agree, by far the best option - spent also another hour in a totally crowded LH lounge - Last time I was there F still got a la carte dining, this time it was just a seating area (but useful still), regretted not having stayed longer @Polaris - transfer with bus was really fast as well. Polaris dining experience also nice, btw. Hope LH upgrades EWR Lounge soon, it‘s really not great.
It's been a while since they did a la carte there for F/HON (way pre covid) and I would not count on the lounge being upgraded in any respect.
Old Apr 15, 2022, 12:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by VWang1111
Hot food is ok. Only visited one other time in 2019 and food quality and amount seems to be similar. Love the salmon and the well cooked pickled cabbage underneath. I don't think it holds a candle to Polaris sit down dining if you're flying business but as a star gold lounge before a domestic flight, it's quite nice.
Thanks for your feedback! How is the wine & champagne on offer?
Old Apr 18, 2022, 4:01 pm

At the EWR Lufthansa Senator Lounge now. Not a great lounge, quite small, with First Class section (food on order, with waitress service) separated with a red rope.
Senator section with unimpressive food offer, except for the soup which is very good.

Old Apr 18, 2022, 5:03 pm

Thanks.

1) the food looks unappetizing to put it mildly (nothing new there).
2) funny how they list the same opening hours 7 times — what’s up with that?!
3) did you see the menu for the F service or the food that was served?
andywaw likes this.
Old Apr 18, 2022, 5:16 pm

Originally Posted by NYC1
Thanks.

3) did you see the menu for the F service or the food that was served?
Thanks for the quick reminder!
Here is the pic of the F section dine in tables as well as the menu card for F/HON passengers.

Old Apr 18, 2022, 8:15 pm

Thanks. I guess it’s better than nothing but pretty bleak.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.