Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Lufthansa lounge at Newark [EWR] [closed till mid 2024]

Search this Thread

Old Jan 27, 2023, 10:06 am

Programs: OZ Diamond, BA Gold, Bonvoy Ambassador, HH Gold
It's been awhile since I've been in the LH EWR lounge - can someone remind me, does this lounge offer boarding from the lounge like at IAD? Thanks!
Old Jan 27, 2023, 10:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Originally Posted by dcmike
It's been awhile since I've been in the LH EWR lounge - can someone remind me, does this lounge offer boarding from the lounge like at IAD? Thanks!
No lounge boarding at EWR unfortunately
dcmike likes this.
Old Jan 27, 2023, 10:11 am

Originally Posted by ISTFlyer
No lounge boarding at EWR unfortunately
Thanks for the quick response!
ISTFlyer likes this.
Old Aug 9, 2023, 6:49 am

Programs: Hilton Gold
Updates to LH lounge?

Have there been any recent upgrades/updates to the LH lounge at EWR? The earlier reviews were less than stellar but it's been a few months.
Old Aug 9, 2023, 11:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by shadowsjc
Have there been any recent upgrades/updates to the LH lounge at EWR? The earlier reviews were less than stellar but it's been a few months.
back to pre-COVID as far as I am concerned
Old Aug 9, 2023, 12:32 pm

Programs: LH, A3, BA
Always found the lounge fully alright for my needs. (Ok, the bathrooms suck.) They are indeed back to pre Covid, have attentive lounge staff that will walk you to the plane, skipping the worst of the boarding zoo. The HON/F corral is fine as well, including a menu which is good enough to be able to skip dinner aboard.
Old Aug 15, 2023, 3:01 pm

The lounge is way too small for the amount of people who use it, but the staff is fantastic and I was really impressed with the food offerings. They had some genuinely good dishes on offer!
Old Aug 16, 2023, 5:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by dcmike
The lounge is way too small for the amount of people who use it, but the staff is fantastic and I was really impressed with the food offerings. They had some genuinely good dishes on offer!
I was there on Friday around 3.30 p.m. and it was maybe 40% occupancy. Will depend on the day of the week and time of the afternoon/evening
Old Aug 16, 2023, 6:00 am

Programs: LH, A3, BA
Originally Posted by cfischer
I was there on Friday around 3.30 p.m. and it was maybe 40% occupancy. Will depend on the day of the week and time of the afternoon/evening
totally! Agree that it can get crowded around 6pm. Still ok for HONs/guests in F given corral.
Old Aug 30, 2023, 6:52 pm

Programs: UA PP 1MM, Marriott Bonvoy LTTE, BA Gold
Current F Menu, EWR:

Old Oct 25, 2023, 4:00 pm

Lounge closing for renovations

As of October 30, the Lufthansa Lounge in Newark will be temporarily closed for renovations. Until it reopens in mid-2024, we kindly ask our guests to see the Lufthansa Group ground staff for more information about alternative lounges.
Old Oct 25, 2023, 4:17 pm

Programs: SK Gold, AF Gold, Marriott Platinum
That makes EWR officially the least attractive airport in the world for *G travelling in Y(+) for the next 6-8 months. I can't even imagine what a hot mess the SAS lounge is going to be.
Old Oct 25, 2023, 6:09 pm

Good news that it will be renovated, but it begs the question why that whole wing/terminal B is still operational in 2023 considering the DUMP that it is and has been for many years (I know the answer—horrible infrastructure investment/management in NY/NJ and the Port Authority in charge of this mess) and why would anyone invest in it. SAS lounge will be a total zoo. Avoid departing from EWR if you can.
Old Oct 25, 2023, 8:32 pm

Programs: DL PM; UA 1K; AA 1MM
Originally Posted by mileshound
Lounge closing for renovations

As of October 30, the Lufthansa Lounge in Newark will be temporarily closed for renovations. Until it reopens in mid-2024, we kindly ask our guests to see the Lufthansa Group ground staff for more information about alternative lounges.
YIKES. Hopefully they are expanding it as part of this, but nonetheless YIKES.

Originally Posted by gojko88
I can't even imagine what a hot mess the SAS lounge is going to be.
That lounge is already a hot mess. I don't even think they'll have room for the additional passengers.
Old Oct 26, 2023, 1:36 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Originally Posted by NYC1
Good news that it will be renovated, but it begs the question why that whole wing/terminal B is still operational in 2023 considering the DUMP that it is and has been for many years (I know the answer—horrible infrastructure investment/management in NY/NJ and the Port Authority in charge of this mess) and why would anyone invest in it. SAS lounge will be a total zoo. Avoid departing from EWR if you can.
The B wing will continue to operate... some of the carriers that used to be in B (AA, DL, etc) have already moved to the new A. That will create some space in B and take the pressure off the wing in which LH/OS/LX operate in. A doesn't have a FIS, so intl arrivals will remain in B & C.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.